Game Crashes on Loading Screen/Entering new areas

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Mezecs

Recruit
3 Badges
Jun 16, 2018
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Magicka
I've contacted the help desk about this and they suggested I post in the bug report forum but for some reason it's private. They also said I should tag @cKnoor Help!

So sometimes when changing zones the game will instantly close without an error.

Sometimes restarting the chapter in the main game will temporarily fix the issue. The Vietnam Mission though is unplayable as it always crashes when entering the second area, as well as at certain points in other DLC's.

I've tried updating every driver I can think of, as well as running the Microsoft compatibility troubleshooter on the magicka.exe as the tech support guy suggested but none of it helped.

Here's my last 2 error reports, though the errors seem to vary every single time:

-----

Version: 1.6.4.2 Thread: LoaderThread

System.InvalidOperationException: An error has occurred during the Clear operation while trying to clear the depth or stencil buffer, no DepthStencilBuffer surface exists.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.Clear(ClearOptions options, Color color, Single depth, Int32 stencil, Rectangle[] regions)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.Clear(ClearOptions options, Color color, Single depth, Int32 stencil)
at Magicka.GameLogic.GameStates.LoadingScreen.EndDraw()
at Magicka.GameLogic.GameStates.PlayState.TryDestroyLoadingScreen()
at System.Action.Invoke()
at Magicka.Levels.Level.ChangeScene()
at Magicka.Game.LoaderFunction()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

0x0151 Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll->Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.Clear
0x000c Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll->Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.Clear
0x0033 Magicka.exe->Magicka.GameLogic.GameStates.LoadingScreen.EndDraw
0x0023 Magicka.exe->Magicka.GameLogic.GameStates.PlayState.TryDestroyLoadingScreen
0xffffffff System.Core.dll->System.Action.Invoke
0x0232 Magicka.exe->Magicka.Levels.Level.ChangeScene
0x003a Magicka.exe->Magicka.Game.LoaderFunction
0x003b CommonLanguageRuntimeLibrary->System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context
0x005f CommonLanguageRuntimeLibrary->System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run
0x002a CommonLanguageRuntimeLibrary->System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart

----

Version: 1.6.4.2 Thread: LoaderThread

System.InvalidOperationException: The active render target and depth stencil surface must have the same pixel size and multisampling type.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.VerifyDepthRenderTargetCompat()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.Clear(ClearOptions options, Color color, Single depth, Int32 stencil, Rectangle[] regions)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.Clear(Color color)
at Magicka.GameLogic.GameStates.LoadingScreen.Draw()
at Magicka.GameLogic.GameStates.LoadingScreen.FadeIn(Single iTime)
at Magicka.GameLogic.GameStates.PlayState.HookupLoadingScreen(Action`1& loadingCallBack, Action& whenDoneCallBack, Single startPercentage, Single targetPercentage)
at Magicka.Levels.Level.ChangeScene()
at Magicka.Game.LoaderFunction()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

0x012a Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll->Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.VerifyDepthRenderTargetCompat
0x0023 Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll->Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.Clear
0x0018 Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll->Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.Clear
0x0010 Magicka.exe->Magicka.GameLogic.GameStates.LoadingScreen.Draw
0x002d Magicka.exe->Magicka.GameLogic.GameStates.LoadingScreen.FadeIn
0x008b Magicka.exe->Magicka.GameLogic.GameStates.PlayState.HookupLoadingScreen
0x0060 Magicka.exe->Magicka.Levels.Level.ChangeScene
0x003a Magicka.exe->Magicka.Game.LoaderFunction
0x003b CommonLanguageRuntimeLibrary->System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context
0x005f CommonLanguageRuntimeLibrary->System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run
0x002a CommonLanguageRuntimeLibrary->System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart

• 1Like
Reactions: