• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Cormun

Recruit
Sep 9, 2022
I have the same problem as many others that point out that the game crashing while launching (never get beyond the loading screen). However, as all solutions or attempts at solutions seem to be geared toward Windows, I thought I'd make my own post. My OS is a Mac (big sur 11.6.8). I've tried reinstalling both the game and steam itself more times than I care to count. I've launched the game in debug mode. I tried using Beta, and not using Beta-launch. I verified the files (no corruption). nothing works, the game still won't start.

Thanks for your help.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Does this Mac perhaps only have an Intel video system? if so that is the cause of your problem as that is not supported hardware for this game under MacOS, and since 1.6 it does prevent the game from even starting.

If that is the situation all you can do is revert to 1.5..1 , or run 1.6.x under Windows in Apple Bootcamp if you have that installed on this machine, or only play on any other computer you might have access to with supported hardware.

Sorry for the bad news!

The graphics system is Intel Iris 1536 MB, is that an intel video system?

If so, is that really it? You're not going to fix that in an update? 'Sorry, your computer is too old, lol, just use another one'? I only have one computer, which is old (i'm assuming too old to run any windows bootcamp, as it's already hyperventilating when just playing the game) and I can't afford another one.

The graphics system is Intel Iris 1536 MB, is that an intel video system?
Yes, it is.
If so, is that really it? You're not going to fix that in an update? 'Sorry, your computer is too old, lol, just use another one'? I only have one computer, which is old (i'm assuming too old to run any windows bootcamp, as it's already hyperventilating when just playing the game) and I can't afford another one
It's nothing to do with the age of the computer, but the under-spec video hardware it has. While it is not impossible it will be fixed accidentally in a future game or MacOS update, our developers will not accept a bug report on unsupported hardware I'm afraid.

I have a full amd system 6900xt and 5900x - crashes like no tomorrow.
This thread is about crash on launch. Is that what you are seeing?