• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

jplondon

Recruit
Jul 30, 2015
Hi guys,

Bought this game last year but never got around to playing it. Just started it yesterday and today I started the campaign.

It gets to turn 127 and crashes to desktop without saying anything. No error message at first. Then windows started telling me that it 'windows encountered a problem'.

I have tried reloading the save and it happens all the time. This is extremely frustrating. Anything I can do?

Shidan

Major
93 Badges
Aug 30, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Impire
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Surviving Mars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Cities: Skylines
Could you zip and upload the logs folder please? That could at least say what error it's actually hitting.

Should be located here, or somewhere similar depending on Steam's install location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<YourSteamID>\205990\local\logs

jplondon

Recruit
Jul 30, 2015
If it helps this is what it says in the game_error text:
167.9660: Source\StrategicContentGenerator.cpp(694): [LogicGenerator][_placeTownsAndLocations()] cannot fill area for stage 4
168.0750: Cannot generate terrain for 'Evil_w2'/lakes/1 with 1 try. sea=[0 0.083 0.2] mount=[0.02 0.167 0.09]
1246.9000: UI\MainGameWindow.cpp(1317): [Game][_uiOnSpellSelect()] Cannot select spell
1314.0270: UI\MainGameWindow.cpp(1317): [Game][_uiOnSpellSelect()] Cannot select spell
1364.9620: UI\MainGameWindow.cpp(1317): [Game][_uiOnSpellSelect()] Cannot select spell
1459.5450: UI\MainGameWindow.cpp(1317): [Game][_uiOnSpellSelect()] Cannot select spell
1979.7610: Application\Application.cpp(164): [Main][WriteDumpFile()] step=3 exceptionCode=0xC0000005
1979.7610: Application\Application.cpp(167): [Main][WriteDumpFile()] Access violation type
1979.7610: Application\Application.cpp(178): [Main][WriteDumpFile()] Writing dump file into logs folder...
1979.8550: Application\Application.cpp(198): [Main][WriteDumpFile()] done.

And the following in the logic_error text:
167.9660: Source\StrategicContentGenerator.cpp(694): [LogicGenerator][_placeTownsAndLocations()] cannot fill area for stage 4
168.0750: Cannot generate terrain for 'Evil_w2'/lakes/1 with 1 try. sea=[0 0.083 0.2] mount=[0.02 0.167 0.09]

Does this help?

jplondon

Recruit
Jul 30, 2015
Sorry, just realised what I put above is from my most recent crash - when I started a new game. Game seems very unstable.