• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(45303)

Recruit
Jun 14, 2005
I have the exact problem stated in the thread I named this post after.

When I start the game, the first introduction clip plays, when the next clip is supposed to start, or the game (I don't know what is supposed to happen after the first movie), the game crashes.
I have reinstalled twice, checked it on two computers (the other one is better than mine) and bought an other copy of the game because I thought this was a one-in-a-million case.

I have just bought the game and the version the game states I have is 1.10

This is some of the data Windows XP Home gives me about the crash:

AppName: europa.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.1 ModName: mpeg2dmx.ax
ModVer: 2.0.80.30327 Offset: 0000d823

Please help, I really looked forward to this game and when I finally bought it, my overall happiness dropped from eight to two.

Edited: I also tried to download the latest patch (the nordic one), even though I think I have it already. The patch tells me that the game isn't even installed. This is truly wierd.

Last edited:
Yes, I have. I forgot to post it, sorry.

Now, what am I supposed to do? I really want to play it, I boght it for that reason and that reson only. If I wanted to have the game and no support and not 100% sure it works, then I would have downloaded it.

I didn't, but the game sure isn't working the way it should.

Please help me further.

Oh, sorry. :eek:o

I'm afraid that the only thing I can do is direct you to the resident supergenius residing in the EU2 support forum.

http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14

Because if you went through every post in the other thread you have gone beyond my meager abilities to help, and support for EU1 was stopped upon the release of EU2, which is basically only EU1 with bells and whistles added. (A lot of bells and whistles though..)

But a letter to the distributor might work.. they could then contact Paradox if they felt it necessary to fix, or perhaps suggest a solution on their own. IF it says "usable with Windows XP" on your box then your distributor should feel obliged to at least offer something..

Store is not distributor though - but a good store might help you, or at least give you your money back.

The distributor is the other company whose logotype is also on the CD and the packaging.