game crash after start

• Crusader Kings II Expansion Subscription

Subscribe to the CK II Expansion and enjoy unlimited access to 13 major expansions and more!

• Paradox Midsummer Sale has arrived! Up to 75% off!

Enjoy some sun and song this Midsummer, but when the sun goes down, the fun doesn't have to stop! Paradox has a festive sale on plenty of games to keep your summer nights going!

June 18th - June 30th
  • Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

unmerged(47300)

Private
Aug 8, 2005
game crash every time;/
---------------------------
pFSrc->FindPin
playvideo.dll
OK

what i need to do? there is patch for vista, but it will work in my xp sp2?

Mar 14, 2003
I have XP SP2 and had no crashes. Well one or two.

I dont expect that the vista patch will help you out. But perhaps if you post your system specs we may be able to help.

Furthermore, have you tried to disable any antivirus s/w or firewall while disconnected from the web and try running it without these.

unmerged(47300)

Private
Aug 8, 2005
windows xp sp2
ahtlon 2400+
geforce6600

i have not firewall ;)

oh i forget write all

pFSrc->FindPin
playvideo.dll
OK

then when i click ok i see

Could not render source output pin!
Nieprawidłowy wskaźnik. (its in polish - mean "wrong indicator or index?")

OK

1024x768 85mhz

unmerged(85002)

Recruit
Oct 4, 2007
This game seems right up my alley -- very much wanna play it. But... I'm having the same issue with the demo. I'm not about to buy the game before trying a working demo, yunno?

Should I post specs, errorlog or whatnot?

Until that, critical info is: XP Pro SP2. Dual-core machine. Tried res from 1600x1200 down to 1024.

Last edited:

unmerged(84822)

Recruit
Sep 30, 2007
Looks like a video codec problem. The full game includes the WM9 codecs from Microsoft while the demo doesn't. So I asume it would need those...if you havn't got em try downloading them from MS (I think they float around somewhere on the mediaplayer side) And update your media player to v10 or 11 and see if that solves your problem...
oh, and maybe remove any dubious 3rd party all-in-one codec packs maybe as well...

unmerged(85002)

Recruit
Oct 4, 2007
Hah. Cute. I had no WMP installed (a lightened XP Pro - yay university site license!), installed WM10 and boom. Game fires up just fine.

Now. I'm gonna go play! =D

Last edited:

unmerged(85102)

Recruit
Oct 6, 2007
Game crashes when trying to start the first mission, right after the briefing video. English version, patched to 1020 and runnning on XP sp2

Error log:
MSG SoundEngine.GetCapabilities
MSG ===========================
MSG Flags - XXXXXXXX
MSG dwMinSecondarySampleRate 4000
MSG dwMaxSecondarySampleRate 192000
MSG dwMaxHwMixingAllBuffers 64
MSG dwMaxHwMixingStaticBuffers 64
MSG dwMaxHwMixingStreamingBuffers 64
MSG dwFreeHwMixingAllBuffers 59
MSG dwFreeHwMixingStaticBuffers 59
MSG dwFreeHwMixingStreamingBuffers 59
MSG dwMaxHw3DAllBuffers 64
MSG dwMaxHw3DStaticBuffers 64
MSG dwMaxHw3DStreamingBuffers 64
MSG dwFreeHw3DAllBuffers 59
MSG dwFreeHw3DStaticBuffers 59
MSG dwFreeHw3DStreamingBuffers 59
MSG dwTotalHwMemBytes 0
MSG dwFreeHwMemBytes 0
MSG dwMaxContigFreeHwMemBytes 0
MSG dwUnlockTransferRateHwBuffers 0
MSG dwPlayCpuOverheadSwBuffers 0
MSG ===========================
script SYS_ERROR: Îøèáêà ñîçäàíèÿ ìåøà: ìåø ñ èäåíòèôèêàòîðîì bio_cruiser_abandoned óæå ñóùåñòâóåò
script SYS_ERROR: Îøèáêà ñîçäàíèÿ ìîäåëè ãëîáàëüíîãî îáüåêòà: ìîäåëü ñ èäåíòèôèêàòîðîì(êëàññîì) bio_cruiser_abandoned óæå ñóùåñòâóåò!
script SYS_ERROR: Îøèáêà ñîçäàíèÿ ìåøà: ìåø ñ èäåíòèôèêàòîðîì dht_supreme_mechanism óæå ñóùåñòâóåò
script SYS_ERROR: Îøèáêà ñîçäàíèÿ ìîäåëè ãëîáàëüíîãî îáüåêòà: ìîäåëü ñ èäåíòèôèêàòîðîì(êëàññîì) dht_supreme_mechanism óæå ñóùåñòâóåò!
script SYS_ERROR: Îøèáêà ñîçäàíèÿ ìåøà: ìåø ñ èäåíòèôèêàòîðîì dht_supreme_mechanism_rotor óæå ñóùåñòâóåò
script SYS_ERROR: Îøèáêà ñîçäàíèÿ ìîäåëè ãëîáàëüíîãî îáüåêòà: ìîäåëü ñ èäåíòèôèêàòîðîì(êëàññîì) dht_supreme_mechanism_rotor óæå ñóùåñòâóåò!
script SYS_ERROR: Îøèáêà ñîçäàíèÿ ìåøà: ìåø ñ èäåíòèôèêàòîðîì mea_droid óæå ñóùåñòâóåò
script SYS_ERROR: Îøèáêà ñîçäàíèÿ ìîäåëè ãëîáàëüíîãî îáüåêòà: ìîäåëü ñ èäåíòèôèêàòîðîì(êëàññîì) mea_droid óæå ñóùåñòâóåò!
script SYS_ERROR: Îøèáêà ñîçäàíèÿ âèçóàëüíîãî ýôôåêòà(FX) ñ èäåíòèôèêàòîðîì Hum_plasma_heavy_blast, òàêîé ýôôåêò óæå ñóùåñòâóåò!
script SYS_ERROR: Îøèáêà ñîçäàíèÿ âèçóàëüíîãî ýôôåêòà(FX) ñ èäåíòèôèêàòîðîì Hum_plasma_heavy, òàêîé ýôôåêò óæå ñóùåñòâóåò!
script SYS_ERROR: Îøèáêà ñîçäàíèÿ âèçóàëüíîãî ýôôåêòà(FX) ñ èäåíòèôèêàòîðîì Hum_plasma_heavy_hit, òàêîé ýôôåêò óæå ñóùåñòâóåò!
script SYS_ERROR: Îøèáêà ñîçäàíèÿ âèçóàëüíîãî ýôôåêòà(FX) ñ èäåíòèôèêàòîðîì Hum_plasma_heavy_hit_ricochet, òàêîé ýôôåêò óæå ñóùåñòâóåò!
script SYS_ERROR: Îøèáêà ñîçäàíèÿ âèçóàëüíîãî ýôôåêòà(FX) ñ èäåíòèôèêàòîðîì Hum_plasma_heavy_hit_ripper, òàêîé ýôôåêò óæå ñóùåñòâóåò!
script SYS_ERROR: Îøèáêà ñîçäàíèÿ âèçóàëüíîãî ýôôåêòà(FX) ñ èäåíòèôèêàòîðîì fx_weapons_hum_plasma_heavy_blast, òàêîé ýôôåêò óæå ñóùåñòâóåò!
script SYS_ERROR: Îøèáêà ñîçäàíèÿ âèçóàëüíîãî ýôôåêòà(FX) ñ èäåíòèôèêàòîðîì fx_weapons_hum_plasma_heavy_hit_flash, òàêîé ýôôåêò óæå ñóùåñòâóåò!
script SYS_ERROR: Îøèáêà ñîçäàíèÿ âèçóàëüíîãî ýôôåêòà(FX) ñ èäåíòèôèêàòîðîì fx_weapons_hum_heavy_plasma_hit_ricochet, òàêîé ýôôåêò óæå ñóùåñòâóåò!
script SYS_ERROR: Îøèáêà ñîçäàíèÿ âèçóàëüíîãî ýôôåêòà(FX) ñ èäåíòèôèêàòîðîì fx_weapons_hum_heavy_plasma_hit_ripper, òàêîé ýôôåêò óæå ñóùåñòâóåò!
script SYS_ERROR: Îøèáêà ñîçäàíèÿ âèçóàëüíîãî ýôôåêòà(FX) ñ èäåíòèôèêàòîðîì fx_explo_big_main, òàêîé ýôôåêò óæå ñóùåñòâóåò!
TEXTURE NOT FOUND: DATA/TEXTURES/FX/HUM_NPC_VECTORBULLET_BURST_MID.BMP
MaterialClass.SetMaterialFromLua: MATERIAL NOT FOUND: mea_darkhelix_blast, use checker
TEXTURE NOT FOUND: DATA/TEXTURES/
script SYS_ERROR: Îøèáêà ñîçäàíèÿ êëàññà êîðàáëÿ `hum_science_cruiser`,òàêîé êëàññ óæå ñóùåñòâóåò!
TEXTURE NOT FOUND: DATA/TEXTURES/----
TEXTURE NOT FOUND: DATA/TEXTURES/?
TEXTURE NOT FOUND: DATA/TEXTURES/FX/FIRE_FLASH_SML
TEXTURE NOT FOUND: DATA/TEXTURES/FX/SMOKE_BROWN_SML

A64 3200+
MSI motherboard with VIA chipsets
nvidia 6800 GT with reacent drivers
DirectX9.0c and Windows media codec installed (cinematics play fine)

Mar 14, 2003
Fragged said:
Game crashes when trying to start the first mission, right after the briefing video. English version, patched to 1020 and runnning on XP sp2

Error log:

A64 3200+
MSI motherboard with VIA chipsets
nvidia 6800 GT with reacent drivers
DirectX9.0c and Windows media codec installed (cinematics play fine)

Do you have multiple monitors connected?

unmerged(85176)

Recruit
Oct 7, 2007
well i've had pretty much every single problem you guys said..
and what did i find out..
that the codecs i already had in the pc were messing everything up..
uninstall some of them and you may be able to play the game..
here i had to trash both haali media splitter and de k-lite codec pack..
now the games runs proprerly...if that dont do the trick for you guys, i dont know what can it be..

unmerged(47300)

Private
Aug 8, 2005
soo no one can help me?:p

edit

i just installed wmp11 and codecs from dvd, and game still not work;P

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2003
gro_oby - I have installed and played the game without any codec issues other than now my mediaplayer has a permanent purple tint to it - so its not a big a problem as yours.

Frankly Id like to help you out but without knowing where to start if its a codec problem youll be able to do some hunting around to discover what the problem is yourself.

If it is a codec problem then you may want to start with taking alook at what codecs are installed on your machine.

Look in here to get an idea of how to do so:
http://www.free-codecs.com/guides/Checking_Installed_VIDEO_and_AUDIO_Codecs_In_Windows_XP.htm

If you can get a list together of what VIDEO codec are installed, then perhaps you can start from there and removing them one at a time and checking if the game runs after do so for each one.

NOTE: that by removing your codecs may corrupt use of other software on your PC, but unless you do some home diagnosis yourself youll have to keep bumping the support staff here to get the developer to look into the issues your having. This may take some time I guess.

Therefore if you want to try to get to the bottom of your problem it may be an idea to
- make that list of video codecs
- uninstall Tarr. Then reinstall it, esp. reinstalling the codecs
- then checking what codecs are on the system again and noting any changes.

From that point on, I suggest that (if you are willing) remove the codecs that get installed by Tarr and reinstall again. If you have access to a PC that is similiar in s.w setup to the one you had before Tarr was installed to do a comparison then you may have the chance of determining the difference between codecs on a non-installed Tarr PC and one that has Tarr on it.

Then you can check to see if the codecs are being installed correctly.

OF course, another option is to do a SYSTEM RESTORE to a point before Tarr was installed. This may work, but results arent guarenteed and if you installed stuff recently after TARR then that may get removed from windows, so its not ideal either.

Hopefully, thisll give you something to think about if you dont mind doing some self-help diagnostics. Of course you could just prod support to keep asking the development house to discover what the problemi s and state a solution. :)

unmerged(47300)

Private
Aug 8, 2005
it doesnt help;/ i tried install basic codecs(wmp11 and codecs from cd) and same melody;P when i install divx or xvid same;P so i dont know what to do:( i never have more problems with any game like this one;/