• Crusader Kings II Expansion Subscription

Subscribe to the CK II Expansion and enjoy unlimited access to 13 major expansions and more!

• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning
Sep 30, 2008
have a technical problem that I need your help with please.

Game Version & Patch (incl. publisher): Hearts of Iron Platinum ParadoxEntertainment

OS & build/SP: Windows Xp Sp3

Computer, CPU & speed: AMD 1.1ghz

RAM: 1gb

Free HDD space: 20gb

Video (brand, model, driver, memory): NVidia GeForce 6200 Driver: 6.14.11.7516 256mb

Sound (brand, model, driver): Envy24Family Audio Driver 5.12.0001.3653

DirectX Version: 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

When the game starts to load it gets to initializing sound and the crashes to the desktop. I have not gotten farther than that. I have tried renaming the AVI folder, playing with no music, checking the setting.cfg file. I have a the latest drivers for my video. I have to check my audio drivers. But I believe they are the latest. Any Suggestions??
Thanks...

Sep 30, 2008
Problem Solved!

As it turns out my windows media player was not playing music at all. I found alot of web pages out there with the same proble. What wirked for me was registering the quartz.dll, using regsrv32 in the command prompt. Now this game and my other audio files work! :rofl: