• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, I do not have something overpowered in mind, but an AI that could mimic/answer the basic questions a human would when deciding on a move.

On the moves available for my mech, which is the move that has the best combination of :
- Defense/evasion/cover or whatever else the game has
- Hit ratios
- Can I hit a vulnerable side of an opponent's mech or can I rotate to protect mine

This is not a very overpowered idea. Now each AI pilot could have a "character" and others would opt for more defense, or others would opt to got for better hit ratios or even called shots to cause instability or things like that. That would have been advanced, but maybe more high level pilots could implement such ideas later in the campaign.
The base global.json the AI runs from does ask all of those questions. There was also framework in place for pilot and faction specific weights to things like how cautious or aggressive a specific unit would act. I hope that makes it in to release, but we don't know right now.

High Ground will be tactical advantage and convey a Bonus “To Hit.”

Jordan never actually “Bonus To Hit,” just that Skylining is not a wise tactical choice. Please consider the connotation of “Skylined” ~ the first Mech that climbs a hill and looks out into the low ground beyond it is “Skylined.” It is often alone and as such would be a Focus Fire target for the Enemy Lance below it. That Enemy would not likely get a Bonus, but the damage would likely be prohibitive.

It is this to which I believe Jordan was referring, and not any “Low Ground To Hit” Bonus.
Thats better described as 'making a tactical blunder'...

Don't forget that all we have seen is skirmish, which is by it's nature a meeting engagement. The missions in the campaign are far more varied and call for different tactics on both sides. They will also consist of a more varied opposition force. I also think that if some people get the AI they think they want, half of us will never be able to complete a campaign.

Maybe in success, HBS can hire the Deep Blue AI for a couple months.:D

While I would live that to happen, IIRC different winning conditions for Skirmish PvE wwwwaaaaaaassssss... cancelled or delayed, I can’t quite recall. : (
o_O... due to lack of time I find it increasingly more difficult to keep up with what's in or not these days ...:rolleyes:

o_O... due to lack of time I find it increasingly more difficult to keep up with what's in or not these days ...:rolleyes:
You have an good point.

While we started with this:

HBS Kickstarter stages.jpg

Some things have changed, and some things have been added (MechWarrior Ejection, Stability System, Event System, etc.)

A fresh description of just what BATTLETECH "is" would be both useful and informative.

While I would live that to happen, IIRC different winning conditions for Skirmish PvE wwwwaaaaaaassssss... cancelled or delayed, I can’t quite recall. : (
Just delayed, they’ve still committed to this post-launch

From KickStarter update #47: “With release in sight in the next few months, we want to tell you about a few features that were part of our Kickstarter Campaign, but need to be delivered post-launch in order to focus development and testing as we move towards release . . . Ability to play different types of missions in Skirmish mode (The campaign itself still has plenty of mission types though.)”

Just delayed, they’ve still committed to this post-launch

From KickStarter update #47: “With release in sight in the next few months, we want to tell you about a few features that were part of our Kickstarter Campaign, but need to be delivered post-launch in order to focus development and testing as we move towards release . . . Ability to play different types of missions in Skirmish mode (The campaign itself still has plenty of mission types though.)”
Thank you. :bow: I have corrected the errant post accordingly.