• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Mythoplokos

Recruit
31 Badges
Sep 18, 2019
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Prison Architect
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
Hi, big fan of the game and I return to play it intensively for a few weeks every half a year or so. There's always been a couple of bugs and things getting occasionally stuck etc, but now I recently started playing again and it's just bug mayhem!

1. Free guards not taking some prisoners to free solitary cells, or taking them back to their cell after their punishment. Prisoners get stuck for absolutely ages in random spots or indefinitely, until they become criminally insane or starve to death. Guards might pile up endless amount of prisoners to one solitary cell, where one prisoner is being punished and all the others are stuck waiting to be taken back to their cell. Ending punishment or changing security grade manually does not fix this, can't assign guards to these prisoners.

2. Prisoners and staff get stuck in infirmary beds after being healed. Manually dismantling the infirmary beds does seem to free staff and some of these prisoners, but esp. criminally insane and some prisoners who have been sentenced to solitary get stuck indefinitely.

3. Dead bodies aren't being moved to hearses.

4. Staff get stuck indefinitely to opening doors that need repairing, workers won't repair these doors. In this save there's currently one orderly stuck in a staff gate next to the max sec holding cell.

5. Prisoner clothing and dirty food trays randomly start piling up in a certain spot and don't get moved anywhere. They seem to be still included in the logistics totals, so if you don't keep an eye and manually dump these piles, it leads to major food and clothing shortages down the line. In this save, it's food trays getting piled and stuck by a staff door behind the the entrance staff area - in other save, it was uniforms piling up in masses by an entrance to a max sec wing.

6. Orderlies seem to be managing their time very inefficiently - I might have deployed 3 orderlies to a certain area, but none of the free orderlies are filling these spots - they aren't on a break, just killing time somewhere random.

7. Something seems to occasionally go really wrong in the logistics and deployment. In this save, I've tried to divide med sec prisoners to three different canteens (so each gang can have their own canteen). But in some regular cell blocks (which aren't assigned to a gang) prisoners aren't going to their assigned canteens to eat. Logistics is set correctly, there is food aplenty, but come dinnertime prisoners just stay in their cell complaining about lack of food (they're not in lockdown, nothing should be stopping them to go to eat). Also in this save I tried to have separate holding cells for max and super max prisoners (next to the max sec wing), and then for min/med/protective custody (in the family cell block). But when this set up is deployed, med sec prisoners won't be taken to the holding cell at all for some reason, they can use the holding cell only if it's deployment status is set to "shared".

So basically, even though all the prisoners needs should be catered to, a large part of the prisoner population spends huge amounts of time in shackles or being stuck, not getting food, not being able to use a holding cell etc. etc. Playing the game for me is currently just about having riots and violence break down constantly due to tortured and starved prisoners - manually dismantling and dumping stuff to temporarily free prisoners and staff to do what they're supposed to do - spending the little money you make to hiring new guards to replace the guards slaughtered in daily riots - having endless amounts of max and criminally insane prisoners pile up... so not really how the game is supposed to work!

Attachments

• saves_ReformationCenter.prison.zip
    1,1 MB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Oh, and - 9. when you reload a save with three grants active, seems like the latest of those grants always disappears. So you can use this glitch to endlessly farm grant money by reloading saves. Not so bothered by this haha but I presume not how it's supposed to work.

5. Prisoner clothing and dirty food trays randomly start piling up in a certain spot and don't get moved anywhere. They seem to be still included in the logistics totals, so if you don't keep an eye and manually dump these piles, it leads to major food and clothing shortages down the line. In this save, it's food trays getting piled and stuck by a staff door behind the the entrance staff area - in other save, it was uniforms piling up in masses by an entrance to a max sec wing.
I already reported this; last year and earlier this week. I am unable to get a reply from Paradox representatives:

I also posted a workaround.