• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oct 24, 2011
I was playing Naval War and was entering a new mission, but got distracted by something else, so I alt-tabbed away from the game (running in windowed mode), which the game was in the "mission briefing" screen.

I could still hear the music, and when the mouse pointer was over the area in the game screen where the menu is I could here the menu choice clicky sounds, even though the game was under multiple other windows and therefore hidden.

After a while (20mins or so) I tried alt-tabbing back to the game, and even though the music was still playing, the game had become unresponsive. I had to kill the game and restart it to continue playing.

Upvote 0
I had this problem with the third tutorial mission. Had to start the tutorial four times before got it through (and I didn't lose it in the first three trials). The game just became unresponsive (the time wouldn't go forward). I could click around but nothing happened and eventually had to ctrl-alt-del and force close the game.

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with alt-tabbing, as the first stuck came before I had alt-tabbed.