• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ketchikan

Recruit
Sep 30, 2014
Hey there, I have just completed game 6 but I could never find a way for any of my scanning vehicles to scan the 2nd object that has a person in it that is on the edge of the complex. I could get to small yellow object next to it but there none of my vehicles could lock onto the other object.

How can I scan it?

Thanks.

Hey there, I have just completed game 6 but I could never find a way for any of my scanning vehicles to scan the 2nd object that has a person in it that is on the edge of the complex. I could get to small yellow object next to it but there none of my vehicles could lock onto the other object.

How can I scan it?

Thanks.
Hi Ketchikan

I used the Corsair.
You can see it being done here:
Ancient Space Playthrough - 23

That really should be tagged as a bug.

The icon shown is for that of a "scan", but only the "board" type ship is capable of using ... perhaps the icon on the structure should be altered to match the Corsair ability.

That really should be tagged as a bug.

The icon shown is for that of a "scan", but only the "board" type ship is capable of using ... perhaps the icon on the structure should be altered to match the Corsair ability.
Hi simguy
If you check the video, you can see that I use the Scan ability and not the board ability.

Hi simguy
If you check the video, you can see that I use the Scan ability and not the board ability.

Understood, but why can the other ships like the Rover with scan ability not do so? If it is locked to the Corsair, change the icon to the board symbol which is unique to the Corsair ship. Perhaps they need to board it and scan?

Edit: Mission 6 patch notes ...
Selecting the alien structure required for the optional objective should no longer be arduous.

I guess they fixed it one way or the other ...

Understood, but why can the other ships like the Rover with scan ability not do so? If it is locked to the Corsair, change the icon to the board symbol which is unique to the Corsair ship. Perhaps they need to board it and scan?

Edit: Mission 6 patch notes ...
Selecting the alien structure required for the optional objective should no longer be arduous.

I guess they fixed it one way or the other ...
All is good then :)