• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Lordkönig

Corporal
38 Badges
Jun 9, 2018
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Magicka 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
Some of you who also are in the EU-IV-Forum may know of my AAR, which unfortunately never got finished. But with Holy Fury out now since... 13 minutes I am really excited to play Crusader Kings II, a game where I have not played much until now, but it has become even more promising. This AAR will be told from a roleplay-first-person-perspective. (What a long word :rolleyes:). I play with Conclave, Holy Fury, Legacy of Rome, Monks and Mystics, Sons of Abraham, The Old Gods, The Reapers Due, Way of Life and portrait packs. We start in 867 as Lithuania.

Table of Contents:
Prologue: Right here

Settings are :
The Reaper's Due: Major Epidemics: Dynamic
The Reaper's Due: Minor Epidemics: Default
Mongol Invasion: Historical
Generate Families: On
Exclave Independence: Limited
Monks and Mytstics: Devil Worshippers: Default
Secret Religious Cults: Default
Turkic Conquerors: Historical
The Reaper's Due: Non-Epidemic Diseases: Default
Shattered Retreat: On
Army Movement Lock: Off
Siege Assaults: On
Siege Events: On
Defensive Pacts: On
Gender Equality: Default
Supernatural Events: On
Absurd Events: On
Dynamic De Jure Drift: Default
De Jure Assimilation Duration: Default
De Jure Requirement: Default
Culture Conversion: Default
Religious Conversion Speed: Default
Raiding: Historical
Adventurers: Normal
Interfaith Marriages: Restricted
Matrilineal Marriages: On
Vassal Republics: Restricted
Vassal Theocracies: Restricted
Invitation to Court: Default
Diplomatic Range: On
Provincial Revolts: Normal
The Old Gods: Provincial Revolt Strength
Defensive Attrition: On
Pagan Reformation: Allowed
Regencies: On
Assasination: Plot Only
Way of Life: AI Seduction
Way of Life: AI Intrigue
Way of Life: Dueling
Release Prisoners After Punishment: Off
Titles Named After Dynasties: On
Cultural Title Names: On
Multiplayer: We do not play MP so we ignore all MP settings
Demesne Size: Default
Vassal Limit: Default
Grant Independence: Restricted
Conclave: Childhood Focus Alerts: Close Relatives
Crusader States: Default
Sons of Abraham: Shepherd's Crusade: On
Holy Fury: Fourth Crusade: On
Holy Fury: Children's Crusade: On
Holy Fury: Northern Crusade: On
Holy Fury: Reconquista: On
Holy Fury: Child of Destiny: On
Pregnancy Flavor: On
Martial Headgear: On
Non-Aggresion Pact Faction Block: On
Blood Splatter: On
Hellenic Revival: On

upload_2018-11-14_14-5-52.jpeg

Here I am, High Chieftain Palemon of Lietuva. Like my father and his father, which means my grandfather, and so on I ruled over our core-territory that has not changed much over the decades. But I say, screw it. The vikings have become more famous and feared and I kinda admire them but it is clear that I am the best. So I have to do more than eat and sit around in Vilnius.

upload_2018-11-14_14-9-23.jpeg

I mean, if my realm stays like this, then halfway decent storys over me will never be told. Time to seek some people who also think that Lietuva should play a bigger role. I mean, the more land we have, the more animals we have there to hunt and we also have more to eat, right?
It is really underwhelming how many incompetent people live here. The only person that gets my respect is Elder Gaudimante.

upload_2018-11-14_14-14-14.jpeg

Who does not like a fat boar on the table with a juicy apple as dessert? She also knows very much. It means a lot if she kept her mind together when she aged. I make sure that the incompetent underlings, to whose my not-so-beloved wife also belongs, know what they have to do.

upload_2018-11-14_14-17-52.jpeg

Ah, yeah. My wife. We had a lot of children through the years, but she thinks she is smarter than me. "Do not eat so much, this is not good for your health!" "Pray more!" and when I told her right now of my plans to make Lietuva great again she said: "Do not dare to attack my father!" I mean, her father sits on territory that should be mine. If not words then deeds shall make this clear.

upload_2018-11-14_14-22-23.jpeg

At last she is ok with my style of raising a child properly. I mean, look at my son! He does everything I say though I do not know why he is so shy. A few hits never hurted anyone.

upload_2018-11-14_14-23-48.jpeg

I also love my other children. My eldest daughter Zvorune is near this wonderful age, when teenagers discover what they can do with the other sex. I want her to learn how she can also do things from the shadows. She may not be a legend, but she will surely back me up later.

upload_2018-11-14_14-38-30.jpeg

My other children are too young for more education. It is better to neglect them in this age for they must learn how to stand on their own. If they make it through I will give them the full love of a father.
Back to where I were. I wanted to make Lietuva great but a simple chieftain could not do this. Not even a high chieftain. Maybe a king could do this?

upload_2018-11-14_14-26-47.jpeg

Of course a good king also knows how to fight. I want to become even better than I am now, so that no one can beat my legend! My knowledge of war tactics will surely be of use in the future.

upload_2018-11-14_14-31-0.jpeg

That may still be dangerous though. If I am near to death from a wound and cannot rule, my lad Gaudimante shall instead speak in my favour. A good legend also should not die too fast, so Azuolas, who is also (a bad) chancellor, but somehow a genius in patching people together, shall become my court physician.

upload_2018-11-14_14-34-35.jpeg

I also heard from a great man in my army. He hunted a bear with nothing but his hands and killed this bear. Maybe I should give this man the title of the commander of my right flank? Yes, as long he does not dare to become bigger and better than me, of course. He must not have anything I do not have.

upload_2018-11-14_14-42-53.jpeg

"I heard of you."
"If you did, chief", he says and nods.
"What is your name?"
"Vainius, chief."
"A good name. Not too pompous."
"If you think so, chief."

Does not talk very much but he is an okayish guy. When he goes he looks over his shoulder. Surely he cannot get enough of my great being. Moment, is he going?

"Do not go!", I call out.
"If you call me, chief", he says and then he comes back.
"You have proven your martial abilities but what is with your tactical understanding. Which neighbour is weak enough that we can overtake him, but strong enough that the god will reward prestige to Lietuva?"
"Could I take a look at your maps, chief?"
"Sure. I only have one map, but here it is."
Vainius studies the map with a stern face but from time to time he looks over his shoulder again. What a nice habit. Then he rises up and tells me his assessment: "Your wifes brother and the brother of your sons wife are not to be attacked. This would endanger your reputation, chief."
"Sure, I never thought anything about an attack on these two." There goes my opportunity to wipe out my brother-in-law. But I my southern neighbour is tabu. So I said at least a half-truth. Vainius is right.

upload_2018-11-14_14-54-20.jpeg

Grrrr

upload_2018-11-14_14-56-8.jpeg

You are ok.

Vainius now deals with our eastern neighbour. He thinks the same like me. The High Chief of Polotsk is way too strong compared to us. I really dislike him, because he has such a big realm and I do not, but we are too weak now.
"... and therefore we should not attack High Chief Yelisey."

upload_2018-11-14_14-58-40.jpeg

"Chief Giemund is a potential target for expansion but, chief, if you demand an enemy that will reward you with fame, he will also disqualify. I heard rumours that he can only field half your man and I do not think that beating this one gives much fame."

upload_2018-11-14_15-1-59.jpeg

"Have we anyone to attack, Vainius?" My patiency now gets short.
"Yes. A small land connection from Kaunas leads to the estuary of the Memel, where High Chief Liudas of Skalva rules. A man, loved by both the man of faith and the normal people. He would match you evenly."

upload_2018-11-14_15-3-32.jpeg

"Then it be him. We will go to war. Assemble the men. I hope that my marshal has done a good job."
"He would surely have done a good job. I will do, as you command, chief."
"Now you can go."
Vainius went out of the door and I breathe the cold air of January. Soon a High Chief may be made as cold as the air and hopefully it is Liudas. Otherwise I will rise up from the grave and torture him as a ghost. Will this lead into a new era for Lietuva, where it plays a heavy role? I hope so.
The believers of the crossed, dead god are many and all of them are hostile towards us. But we are also encircled by a lot of slavic believers, similar in faith but not exactly the same.

upload_2018-11-14_15-10-1.jpeg

Clearly the romuvan people must stand together, to stand a chance and it is best when this happens under my rulership.

Last edited:
Well of course you are naturally the best leader of the Romuvan people.

Seems as Holy Fury fuels a new wave of AARs, few were based on Baltic region

Are you going to look for opportunities to fire those incompetent councillors? They are a drag on your inevitable fame and mastery of the Baltic.

Chapter 1: Besung in Battle
Chapter 1: Besung in Battle
First January, in the year 867 of their "lord"
Alright, everybody is ready and so I, High Chief Palemon of Lietuva, declare on this filthy fool Liudas. There can only be one High Chief in Lietuva!

upload_2018-11-14_20-55-52.jpeg

7th April, in the year 867 of their "lord"
We crossed the Memel just as well as our enemy, if not better. We storm on the wooden walls of Liudas' tribe. The cold has just passed away, so it is quite relaxing. I expect Liudas' tribesmen to give up soon for we brought so many men that they cannot get any supplies. Liudas' forces also fear us, because they do not attack us to free their people. Obviously the river and their lower number do not play a role in this but my genius brain, which offers good tactics to my army, does.

upload_2018-11-14_20-56-20.jpeg

17th April, in the year 867 of their "lord"
Money is running low but I still have enough to pay my troops. When I inspect my reserves I see that someone has stolen some money. Not much money, perhaps the thief thought that I would not see it then, but I see everything. When I get this scoundrel into my fingers I will treat him like a "special guest".

upload_2018-11-14_20-56-33.jpeg

20th May, in the year 867 of their "lord"
I find Gaudimante awesome but she unfortunately does not think the same about me. However, I am clearly the greatest guy in Lithuania. She is well-educated, so she would surely like a hand-written letter. I do not write so often but I put my skills together and then I sent the letter to her.

Deer Gaudimante,

How ya? I have heard that you still have not found any heretics. This is because I am such a gret rooler. There are apsolutely no heretics in my realm. My realm is the best realm. And if we would have any heretics then they would be the best heretics because they are our heretics. This shorely states how gret I am as a chief, do not you think so?

High Chief Palemon of Lietuva

upload_2018-11-14_20-56-56.jpeg

25th May, in the year of their "lord" 867
Gaudimante has not responded to me. She is surely a tough nut to crack. I will stay onto it.

upload_2018-11-14_20-57-5.jpeg

13th August, in the year of their "lord" 867
The tribe of the Memel estuary surrendered in June and now we engaged the fierce army of the enemy in Kaunas. We went the longer way over Scalovia to surprise them from behind. With Vainius to my right side they crumble from within as their commander is so afraid of me that he hides. I go on the hunt for him. He shall not flee me!

upload_2018-11-14_20-57-16.jpeg

I knew this commander from a religious festival some years ago where both of us shared a bottle of beer. So have the times changed. I encounter him in the flat plains of Kaunas, my homeland, which I know well. With my axe I stand before him; he is a bit shivering and sweating and he also looks like an old man now. Nevertheless I do not underestimate him. He may be a coward in a battle but this does not mean that he is bad at a direct fight.
"For honor!", I scream to him.
"Palemon, we must not fight. Once we shared our bottles. Whatever you have against me, let us discuss in peace", he answers, his words sounding a bit broken.
"Kestuti, the past means nothing in the face of the future", I reply and I charge with the wind in my back towards him. I nearly surprised him but his reflexes allow him to draw his axe before I cut through him. Metallic sounds come and go whenever our weapons blades meet. He can hold out for a time but he is older than me and his power begins to shrink. There I kill him slowly. The blood sprinkling out of his body is a sacrifice to Perkunas. Kestuti then falls to the ground and I stand there, successful.

upload_2018-11-14_20-57-26.jpeg

19th August, in the year of their "lord" 867

Vainius was also busy. He and his men arrested a sub-commander of Kestutis. I let this guy directly be thrown into my prison in Kaunas.

upload_2018-11-14_20-57-39.jpeg

4th October, in the year of their "lord" 867
The enemy forces fled into the north but it did not save them at all. We beat them into the ground. Their initial loss at Kaunas led to another one right here.

upload_2018-11-14_20-57-48.jpeg

17th October, in the year of their "lord" 867
My men now see my greatness. My inspiring flame touches their hearts from within and everyone wants to fight for me and to die for me if necessary. They are mine now!

upload_2018-11-14_20-58-0.jpeg

22th January, in the year of their "lord" 868
I am currently not at home and it seems that Borkus used that to do what he wants. This disobeying boy! When I come back I will tell you manners! At last he has some courage. He now studies the trails of the gods and he learns writing. From. his. own. desire. Unbelievable!

upload_2018-11-14_20-58-13.jpeg

6th February, in the year of their lord 868
At Memel we fight them once more. I chill with Vainas in the back. This time it is enough, when we just give our soldiers signs by our hands.

"Vainus, isn't it a big triumph today?"
"Sure, Chief."
"Look, my warriors move as if the godly hands of Perun move them. They exactly know when to attack the enemys flanks, when to retreat but only to return with full strength. Marvelous!"
"This is all due to your tactical genius, Chief", Vainius then says to me, pointing at my fingers.
"Ah, right of course. I am so great that it is hard to differ between Perun and me."
"..."

upload_2018-11-14_20-58-59.jpeg

22th February, in the year of their "lord" 868
Another commander has been captured. The men of Liudas resign and Liudas himself has to give his title of a High Chief to me. He still rules over the Memel estuary and Scalovia but this time he has on overlord. Me.

upload_2018-11-14_20-59-9.jpeg

upload_2018-11-14_20-59-17.jpeg

17th April, in the year of their "lord" 868
I am often disappointed by Kunos being so fearsome, but the council of the Elders favors him as my successor. I better let him learn responsibility by giving him Nalsia, a very poor land. Let us see what he makes out of it. Maybe Kunos has some unknown qualities.

upload_2018-11-14_20-59-26.jpeg

On the same day I go for a visit of a shrine of Perkunas. I think that I might have angered him when I thought that it would be hard to tell the difference between him and me. I am no fanatic follower, I do not even pray often, but it is good to strengthen your bonds to the gods from time to time for they throw their wrath at your enemies and not you. I raise my hands up to the air, Perkunas' domicile.
"PERKUNAS IS GREAT!"

upload_2018-11-14_20-59-36.jpeg

upload_2018-11-14_20-59-45.jpeg

30th April, in the year of their "lord" 868
Peace does not mean that my axe rests. The band of Medina, a warrior lodge, fascinates me. It is like they exactly meet my favourite hobby: beating up people. I ask for a fight to show my strength and they let me step into in their wooden arena. I do not directly start with battling, but I look at some events they make there and after a few days I feel ready.

upload_2018-11-14_20-59-55.jpeg

3rd May, in the year of their "lord" 868
When I come into the battleground I have a hard time with not sinking down to the ground and roll around laughing. My opponent is Kunos.
I clear some tears off my face: "You here? HAHAHAHA..."
Kunos clenches his fists around his axe and he grawls: "Father you will pay for what you did to me in my childhood. All the hits..."
"Some hits never hurted anybody, I guess I have to teach this lesson to you again, son", I say to him. These words make Kunos angry and for like the first time in his life he gets courageous and he charges at me. I have not even ended my sentence when he rages like a berserk and wants to bury his axe in my face. Too good that Kunos has no experience with being courageous. It is easy for me to step aside but let him run into my axe. Instead of my face his got wounded. I may propably have blinded him, but if it is so, then he deserved it after all. I mean, children have to be devout towards their parents and they must do everything what they say. I just put things right.

The crowd cheers at me and Arelis Klakis, the Hero of the Band of Medeina comes to gratulate me.
"It is rare that we see such talent. But I worry about your family relations. You should try to repair it with a bottle of beer."
"Ha! Bottles of beer will surely help. Especially if we share one."
"This is right"
Arelis then goes away for he has to observe other new candidates. If he would know...

upload_2018-11-14_21-0-5.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2018-11-14_20-25-55.jpeg
    upload_2018-11-14_20-25-55.jpeg
    637,5 KB · Views: 25
  • upload_2018-11-14_20-31-7.jpeg
    upload_2018-11-14_20-31-7.jpeg
    636,4 KB · Views: 23
  • upload_2018-11-14_20-31-57.jpeg
    upload_2018-11-14_20-31-57.jpeg
    612,4 KB · Views: 23
  • upload_2018-11-14_20-33-33.jpeg
    upload_2018-11-14_20-33-33.jpeg
    684,2 KB · Views: 21
  • upload_2018-11-14_20-37-7.jpeg
    upload_2018-11-14_20-37-7.jpeg
    675,4 KB · Views: 21
  • upload_2018-11-14_20-39-54.jpeg
    upload_2018-11-14_20-39-54.jpeg
    646,7 KB · Views: 21
  • upload_2018-11-14_20-40-11.jpeg
    upload_2018-11-14_20-40-11.jpeg
    632,4 KB · Views: 21
  • upload_2018-11-14_20-42-36.jpeg
    upload_2018-11-14_20-42-36.jpeg
    685 KB · Views: 21
  • upload_2018-11-14_20-49-41.jpeg
    upload_2018-11-14_20-49-41.jpeg
    691,7 KB · Views: 21
  • upload_2018-11-14_21-0-15.jpeg
    upload_2018-11-14_21-0-15.jpeg
    691,7 KB · Views: 18
  • upload_2018-11-14_21-1-28.jpeg
    upload_2018-11-14_21-1-28.jpeg
    691,7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Seems as Holy Fury fuels a new wave of AARs, few were based on Baltic region

I think that there were already a lot of AARs in the pipeline but everyone held them back because they were like: It will be much more fun when Holy Fury is out. For me personally Holy Fury does not have to do much with this AAR because I bought the game 2 weeks ago and I learned it (if you can say this about a paradox game) in the past time and now I write an AAR.

Are you going to look for opportunities to fire those incompetent councillors? They are a drag on your inevitable fame and mastery of the Baltic.

Palemon already has someone in the eye for the position of the marshal. The steward is kinda suspicious but yet hard to replace because the entire realm of Lietuva does not have any people more competent than this one. I guess that evolution will have to work a lot here to bring things upon normal niveau.

Fair to say that Palemon does not suffer from an under-appreciation of his good self.

Palemon already has someone in the eye for the position of the marshal. The steward is kinda suspicious but yet hard to replace because the entire realm of Lietuva does not have any people more competent than this one. I guess that evolution will have to work a lot here to bring things upon normal niveau.
As I learned in my first game (and AAR), you can use the character finder to search external realms for suitable candidates. :)

Ah, I get what you mean. The "invite-to-court-button is the way to go, right?
Yep, you pick one with the right characteristics who is willing to come, then when they arrive you can appoint them. And they’re free. If there’s no-one suitable there, you can pay to invite people through the intrigue screen, but it can cost if you’re a small and poor tribal just starting out. :)

Yep, you pick one with the right characteristics who is willing to come, then when they arrive you can appoint them. And they’re free. If there’s no-one suitable there, you can pay to invite people through the intrigue screen, but it can cost if you’re a small and poor tribal just starting out. :)

Vainius is already the result of an invitation and he does his work quite good.

Enjoying this AAR - an interesting area of the world to choose.

I'm also looking forward to getting started with Holy Fury but I've learned that my previous saves won't work with it so I guess it's not going to be used until my current AAR is finished...

Enjoying this AAR - an interesting area of the world to choose.

I'm also looking forward to getting started with Holy Fury but I've learned that my previous saves won't work with it so I guess it's not going to be used until my current AAR is finished...

Thank you. I also want to show off features of Holy Fury for those who do not have it, so that they can enjoy it. I hope that you will have fun with my AAR.

Chapter 2: Gifts for Vainius
Chapter 2: Gifts for Vainius

11th May, in the year of their "lord" 868
"Selija." Vainius is thinking loud. "Selija is weak and if we would attack it now, we could get it into your sphere of influence."
I am not so convinced of Vainius words. That guy is smart but he does not quite understand what makes a legend. "Selija is too weak. It is not worthy even a glimpse of my attention."
"Chief, of course Selija would be just a stepping stone on the road of fame and pride." This sentence now got my ear to hear. "With Chief Giemund of Selija subjugated you would get stronger. We would also have access to the Daugava river and therefore share a border with the tribe of the Latgales which would be an enemy worthy of your attention."
"Tell me more, Vainius."
"When we get stronger, we would also be no easy target for the Polotskians anymore. We have to get strong to avoid getting backstabbed."
"Vainius, your efforts are great. One day they will surely be included in my legend. We already sat around idle for some time but my axe wants to drink some blood. Get yourself and your men ready."
"If you say so, Sir"
The fresh air of spring gives me more of the spirit which I never had in the last years. This age where other men become lethargic and get old, forget the dreams that they had, for me it is the other way around. Rise Lietuva, rise!

upload_2018-11-16_10-38-37.jpeg

19th May, in the year of their "lord" 868
Arelis already accepted me as a member, but today it is made official. For some time I leave my army. They do not really need me. Selija is a shithole country, easy to beat. This festival instead, it is gonna be a pleasure. Even Kunos shows up, his eyes hidden behind clothes and himself being in the last row, but at least he is there.
"It is impressive. You have not gotten a single scratch during your trial."
I nod just slightly because beating Kunos is does not seem impressive to me but I am pleased to take the honour.
"That is the kind of impressive fighter we would be honoured to have sitting at our table."
This suits me more. It is natural that I am an impressive fighter. Here I nod more recognizable.
"You are hereby humbly invited to join in our ranks."
I rise and then I take place on the table of these warriors. There are so much unknown faces but in the moment each one is filled with respect. They bring out a toast: "Palemon!"
I cannot hold myself and I start eating.

upload_2018-11-16_10-39-3.jpeg

13th June, in the year of their "lord" 868
It took my some time to come back to my warriors and I throw myself into battle. Selija is not mighty but some blood to spill is always funny. I cut through the Selijan's when Commander Visvaldis, one that is only here because I did not find anyone better, calls to me: "Leave some skulls for me to crack!"
Ahh, he shares my hobby. I never paid attention to him but now I think that we could become friends.
"If you are fast enough!", I call back.
He joins the battle and begins to count: "1... 2 ... 3!"
"That is nothing! I have already slain 12 of them!"
"Then better be faster! I catch up! 6... 7!"
"Huh, why are there no foes left?", I wonder.
"Seems that we defeated them. They now hide beyond the walls of their tribe-village."
"Ahh, good work."
"You too, my chief"

upload_2018-11-16_10-42-27.jpeg

upload_2018-11-16_10-50-45.jpeg

19th June, in the year of their "lord" 868
We sit around the heart of the Selijan tribe. We prick them with our spears but yet we cannot really touch them. A week has passed and it is boring. So I leave the command to Vainius and return to my hall in Vilnius. When I arrive, my wife suddenly comes to me.
"Palemon, I did not think that it would happen again! My age..."
"What?"
"Palemon, I am pregnant."
"That is great. Big proof of my strength as a man!"
"Palemon..."
"Ok, you also have done something."

upload_2018-11-16_10-51-42.jpeg

18th August, in the year of their "lord" 868
I spent more time with my family for in the war for Memel I have not cared much for them. Today a rabid dog somehow appeared in the garden before our hall. I hit him with my axe. I do not want him to harm my children and so I gonna hit him until he is dead, but my daughter Breksta comes from behind and hits me with a stick.
"Do not kill the poor doggie! Do not kill it!", she cries.
"It is not a poor doggie. It is a mad dog and he deserves death!", I say while my axe lands in the dog, finally hitting him seriously. I let my axe lay here and I turn to Breksta. "He would have hurt you and then I may not have you anymore as my daughter, Breksta", I say softly but my hand grips her so she cannot run away.
"I shall teach you this lesson not only with words but physical. I do not want any damage to you, Breksta."

upload_2018-11-16_10-58-11.jpeg

Then the dog bites into my ankle. I have thought that he would be dead but I have to leave Breksta. The dog must finally die. I grab my axe again and this time I hit him and I hit him until it is hardly recognizable as a dog.
Little Breksta flees and she cries: "I FUCKING HATE YOU!" Tears are flooding over her face.
Why are children so dumb sometimes? I just protected her. Alas, this leaves me with a void inside my heart. I think, I lost Breksta, but in another way one I did not think of.

upload_2018-11-16_11-11-53.jpeg

16th October, in the year of their "lord" 868
I like it, how competent Vainius is. He observed the siege of Selija until I returned to make peacedeals with Chief Giemund. Nothing changes except that he is now subject to me. With this I have now doubled Lietuva in size. Even this should be enough for the bards to sing over me but I want more. Lietuva is more than Lietuva is now. The chiefdom is not the same as the kingdom. I have to conquer more.

upload_2018-11-16_11-54-17.jpeg

My dream

To bind Giemund to me, who does not hate me the way like Liudas does, I assign his wife as the guardian of my youngest son Spera. Maybe it is best, when my family and I... do not have to much contact.

upload_2018-11-16_11-57-50.jpeg

I also see, that Giemund is a man of the word. He may not be a bold fighter, but (psst, this is secret) He took most part in the peace deal, I do not know how, but he is so eloquent. He would make a better chancellor than Elder Azuolas.

"You cannot throw me simply out!" Elder Azuolas is upset over my idea.
"If you would have been better, then I would not do this. You also were there when Giemund made the peace deal with us and this convinced me of him. I am sorry Azuolas but you should go."
"I feel younger than I am. I would be able to do this till my seventies!"
"Go, old man. You are still court physician and you still have place at my table. It is not the end."

upload_2018-11-16_12-5-14.jpeg

6th November, in the year of their "lord" 868
In the last days I have thought, how I could reward Vainius. He is really someone I can trust, because he trusts noone. I think I make him my official Master of the Blade. But this is only the smaller part. I checked his private life and I discovered something.
"Vainius, do not you think that you are a bit lonely?"
"It is my self-chosen life. People are not to be trusted."
"And if I would order you to trust someone, would you?", I counter him.
"If you would say so, Chief."
"Then I have great news for you. The priestess Martyna of Penzelyn would like to marry you. This intelligent and beautiful woman has heard of your deeds and I have made plans up. Short: You will marry her soon."
"If you say so, Chief"
"Show more joy!", I shout at him. He should be more grateful for what I have done.
"IF YOU SAY SO, CHIEF!"
"This is better. Get yourself a better look, the marriage will be held in the temple of Penzelyn and it is just a week until there."
"So soon, Chief?"
"Isn't it great that you won't be alone anymore?"
"..."

upload_2018-11-16_12-16-6.jpeg

upload_2018-11-16_12-17-2.jpeg

I then invite two competent men, who follow the Romuvan faith. I have heard that one would make a competent Steward while the other cares for the shadowy things. But when they arrive I recognize that one of them is even better in martial things than Vainius. He shall be marshall. Now my council looks way better. I cleaned out the senile elders. Well, most of them.

upload_2018-11-16_12-30-23.jpeg

9th December in the year of their "lord" 868

Then I receive pleasant news. This old fart over there in Zemaitija has made his last breath. Now nothing can hold me off of attacking the Zemaitijans. I shall pierce them into their hearts when I take Zemaitija for me.

upload_2018-11-16_12-33-43.jpeg

Then I assemble my men but I discover that Vainius is not amongst them. Huh? It seems that his new marriage has given him so much entuthiasm that he does not want to leave his wife.

upload_2018-11-16_12-37-26.jpeg

19th January in the year of their "lord" 869
Then Visvaldis and I must do this on our own. The Zemaitijans cross the border to enter Selija and our forces come to crush them. Right in the mid of the battle I receive news. My daughter is born and her name is like her mothers: Zemyna. This inspires me and my furious commands let us win the battle easily.

upload_2018-11-16_12-40-23.jpeg

upload_2018-11-16_12-41-38.jpeg

28th February in the year of their "lord" 869
The Band of Medeina is not idle in the meantime. They have found out that beyond the walls of the Zemgalian tribe are lots of treasures waiting and because I am their neighbour I shall plunder them. Why not. I want these treasures. However, first Lietuva must conclude the war for Zemaitija.

upload_2018-11-16_12-44-29.jpeg

3rd August, in the year of their "lord" 869
It is not long until there. I leave them Deltuva but in comparison to the rich Zemaitija it is like nothing. This will weaken them more than if I would have subjugated them as a whole.

upload_2018-11-16_12-49-41.jpeg

9th August, in the year of their "lord" 869
There is this wrath in me and I have long supressed it because after what happened with little Breksta I had been aching in my heart. Now the rage must out. I cannot hold it any longer. My prisoners must suffer!

upload_2018-11-16_12-52-8.jpeg

I wounded Ragutis. He will not die, but it was fun to hear the screams, like I do in battle when I fall upon the enemies together with my light foot troops. In all these battles, first with Vainius who now is gone away, then with Visvaldis I have become familiar with them. I now know their strengths and they respect me as the great leader I am. I just feel greater and I think now I recoverd from these dark doubts which befell me when I was in the garden with Breksta. Lietuva is about to prosper more than it ever did and this is due to me. There are no reasons to let these feelings overcome me.

upload_2018-11-16_12-56-20.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2018-11-16_10-49-40.jpeg
    upload_2018-11-16_10-49-40.jpeg
    626 KB · Views: 14
  • upload_2018-11-16_10-49-51.jpeg
    upload_2018-11-16_10-49-51.jpeg
    634 KB · Views: 13
  • upload_2018-11-16_11-6-19.jpeg
    upload_2018-11-16_11-6-19.jpeg
    634 KB · Views: 13
  • upload_2018-11-16_11-57-21.jpeg
    upload_2018-11-16_11-57-21.jpeg
    694,3 KB · Views: 13
  • upload_2018-11-16_12-22-49.jpeg
    upload_2018-11-16_12-22-49.jpeg
    41,4 KB · Views: 13
He is becoming rather violent isn't he? Or maybe more accurately his violence is on less of a leash.