• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
There’s one female voice that sounds like upper-midwest USA, very calm and polite, but when she gets a crit she lets out a maniacal laugh. Took me by surprise because it was so different from her usual.
Ah, yes... the laugh. I love that laugh. It has a certain elegance in its simplicity.

I think I have heard one of them say something along the lines of:
Anybody want some snow cones? (Please correct exact line if anyone remembers it).
The depressed Russian Mechwarrior has some good ones:
Rolling ... I guess.
(Somewhat excited) I just realised I'm sitting on a fusion reactor!
(Exclaims in surprise) I got it!.

Last edited:
"And even for that do I love you the more.
I am your spaniel. And, Demetrius,
The more you beat me, I will fawn on you.
Use me but as your spaniel—spurn me, strike me,
Neglect me, lose me. Only give me leave,
Unworthy as I am, to follow you.
What worser place can I beg in your love—
And yet a place of high respect with me—
Than to be used as you use your dog?"
- Helena, A Midsummer Night's Dream, William Shakespeare, Act 2, Scene 1
This is interesting, because the same pilot says "Once more into the breach my friends!" which is also a reference to Shakespeare (Henry V, Act 3 Scene 1)

• 2Like
Reactions:
So many great lines but my favourites are:

"When I shoot you, you'll take it, and like it"
"My ol' grandma can shoot better than that!"
"I put some serious hurt on that sum'bitch."
"Try aiming next time see what you get."

Bonus points for being said in a southern drawl.

When missing a shot:
'Hey, stand still when I'm attacking you!'
'Hey, stay in the crosshairs!'

Bonus points when it's a building.

Reactions:
It’s the same voice that uses the “spaniel” line. It’s when you hit enough resolve to be inspired. He also says, after destroying a target, “That’s what you get for hanging around with bad people”
That's the same mechwarrior who says (paraphrased): "Day 117 and my lance mates still haven't realized I'm a labrador..."

• 1Like
Reactions:
There was a line that referenced the movie Tremors that I liked. Unfortunately I can not remember how it goes (I haven't heard it in a while). He says it on desert worlds and comments that he can feel an alien creature moving under his feet. I think he actually describes the feeling as tremors.

I like that movie, so when I heard the line, it out a smile on my face.
Cant remember the line either, but every time I hear I smile. Got love Tremors.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I think when he puts one in the back he says 'putting one in the enemy's touchee!'
Also, in the urban areas, when the southern accents come out "Well, there's concrete, and concrete annnnnnnnd concrete. Yup, that's about the size of it.'
Then on the Argo itself...Darius gets a call for dealing with a couple of blacked out drunk mechwarriors/herding cats then later he says he needs a bucket of ammonia and whatever LOL. So you know how that all ended.

Urban biome is DLC right? Is it sad that it's gone up priority wise just so I can hear new lines?

I'm going to have to find the pilot that laughs at a critical hit because that sounds great.