• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

preato

Recruit
39 Badges
May 19, 2018
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
HI everyone.

I have a problem with eu4 since the patch 1.28.3.
Since this patch the game won't start in fullscreen, then use the bordeless screen option you may say ? I would like if my game wasn't lagging as hell in borderless, i can't play it anymore, last game i played it took like 20 sec at the end of each month.

I tried almost everything, spending many day, launching the game in admin mode from the exe, full clean reinstall, searching for error, choosing the option to not optimize fullscreen in properties of .exe, varying almost every settings in differents way, run as vista/windows 7 . 8 etc etc but nothing work.

So i wait, every new update, waiting if something will fix it ( i have to say that i have absolutely no problem at all in any other game like Hoi4, Ck3)

Have you a way to fix it ? To set it back to fullscreen mode even in last patch ?

Thx
Preato

Last edited:
choosing the option to not optimize fullscreen in properties of .exe
If you have an nVidia video system, doing that should fix that problem. Can you confirm it makes no difference?

Since this patch the game won't start in fullscreen, then use the bordeless screen option you may say ? I would like if my game wasn't lagging as hell in borderless, i can't play it anymore, last game i played it took like 20 sec at the end of each month.
However I suspect you'll find fullScreen does not make a huge difference to game speed.

DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach here your Documents/Paradox Interactive/EU4/settings.txt and pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox Interactive/EU4/logs/ folder, attach here system.log , error.log .

If you have an nVidia video system, doing that should fix that problem. Can you confirm it makes no difference
Yes, it make no difference, as well as running through any random set of properties of .exe.

Here are the document you asked for, thx in advance. I may add that the fall of performance was massive, it's running smooth througt *5 game speed before 1.28.3 and after this patch (where i can't play anymore in fullscreen) it take 10 sec to end each month and everything lag, opening menu, latence when moving troops, etc etc and each new patch is going worse and worse.

Have a nice day

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    125,2 KB · Views: 0
  • pdx_settings.txt
    333 bytes · Views: 0
  • settings.txt
    2,5 KB · Views: 0
  • error.log
    1,4 KB · Views: 0
  • system.log
    4 KB · Views: 0
The devs acknowledged that 1.31 performance was badly impacted by adding too many new provinces. That was partially fixed in 1.32 but may not be able to be improved much further.

However if you saw poor performance in 1.29 and 1.30 , that's not your issue - you have some local problem I think. If you revert to 1.28 in the Steam Betas tab and start a new test campaign, do you get good performance again or it is still poor?

If you change refreshRate=120 in that settings.txt to =60 instead, it it ay better in any patch version?

Hi,
I can't change refreshRate, when i set up the refresh at 60 on the txt, when i launch the game it set it back to 120 Ingame and in the .txt. In game option i can't change it at all, the buttons on side are "grey".

When i revert to 1.28, i can run on fullscreen and it is perfect, everything run smooth even in x5 (i would say that it is perfect in x4 and slow down a little bit in x5 in comparaison to very early vesion of eu4). If i play on borderless screen in 1.28 it is already lagging hard, ticking month take 3 sec instead of 0.5 and performance are poor overall when i open menu, moving units etc.
It's why i'am asking about the fullscreen problem, it really appears to me that the drop of performance is huge in borderless on my settings.

Have a nice day,
Preato

When i revert to 1.28, i can run on fullscreen and it is perfect, everything run smooth even in x5 (i would say that it is perfect in x4 and slow down a little bit in x5 in comparaison to very early vesion of eu4).
Can you also test with 1.29 and 1.30 please? Because they ought to be roughly the same as 1.28 in performance.

If i play on borderless screen in 1.28 it is already lagging hard, ticking month take 3 sec instead of 0.5 and performance are poor overall when i open menu, moving units etc.
That should absolutely not happen. Borderless ought to be almost indistinguishable from fullScreen in performance, to the extent that many recent games only have borderless, not fullScreen as such (eg CK3).

If you unload GeForce Experience before starting the game, does that help at all with either issue?

Can you also test with 1.29 and 1.30 please? Because they ought to be roughly the same as 1.28 in performance.

That should absolutely not happen. Borderless ought to be almost indistinguishable from fullScreen in performance, to the extent that many recent games only have borderless, not fullScreen as such (eg CK3).

If you unload GeForce Experience before starting the game, does that help at all with either issue?
Hi,
When i play in 1.29 and 1.30 i can't play on fullscreen so... it lag hard !
I tried to unload Geforce experience and same, try various settings, revert to older version of graphic pilot, use the last one etc etc. It doesn't seems to do any difference in borderless and i still can't play fullscreen.

I do not know what is wrong on this machine to cause all this to you. None of these things are normal or known issues!

What if you make a new Windows user on this machine, and log into it as that then run the game from there? Any different?