• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What I like EU2 for is a real historical framework. Yes, it sometimes fails to account for player's actions, and sometimes feels too rigid, but it really adds a lot it terms of immersion in real world's history, unlike EU3. I usually accept for myself that historical events form a background that a player cannot change, and just live with it.

For me, Magna Mundi actually saved EU3 by making the limitations of "fantasy' much more historical though it still remains absolutely different game, with different approach, and it still will have place in my heart along with (not instead) EU2/FTG.

And for some reason, when I play colonizing nation in EU2 the New world indeed feels like a mystery to discover, while in EU3 vanilla it is just a place to be torn apart in random way between random nations.

Thirdly, I like EU3 NA + IN + MMP. I also like EU2 + AGCEEP, and see no reason why both games cannot be enjoyed by the same player.

Absolutely :)

So what?
I want to play the Real History that happened in our world.

Not start on some vague historical day 1 and by day 2 have everyone and their mothers essentially erase their brains and act as if there was never a yesterday. Because that's what EUIII system is, fantasy land set in 1453-1800.

It is like having both the positions and momenta of the bodies correct at the start. Personally, I prefer a bit of "friction" in the system, so that deviation from the historical timeline accumulates gradually. A world I don't recognize 50 years into the game is too "random", one I still recognize 200 years in is too "scripted". I am optimistic that FTG will appeal to members of all three camps.

Last edited:
I loved EU2 when I first got it and I like it way better than I do EU3 (although the expansion packs + Magna Mundi improved EU3.) I will definitely be getting this game. :D

while bipbapbop is true in that eu3 in single player is a randomness fest, it can still be made good if you play it multiplayer and make it historical (no silly things like non-european nations played) and have a somewhat historical game.

In eu2(with agceep) however you can do that without having to replace AIs with humans.

Still, the best eu2 experience is multiplayer. Trust me, i played eu2 sp for many years till i went for mp and Im having a blast with it. Infact only did sp after to enjoy agceeps events, nothing more, it just didnt feel the same. All of you people should try it when FTG goes out.