• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Happy about seeing developements in this game!
A patch is always welcome.

Yes, ans I'm sure that we are still a large number to wainting for the final 1.3 Patch.

Don't give up, MichaelM, your job won't be a waste.

Even if the final patch ends up mainly being minor tweaks and bug fixes, I'm definitely looking forward to it. Probably silly of me to ask, but is there anything resembling an ETA at the moment, or is it an "it's done when it's done" kind of thing? Either way, keep up the good work.

me tooo! :D

It's up to us keep on writing posts or opening threads here,
the developers can see FTG players apart from EU IV success.

Count me in. I would be very happy to see a final patch for FtG.

If that`s not going to happen; are there any big outstanding issues left or is this beta stable enough?

I get an unexpected termination crash every time I try to start a tutorial, any of them. I assumed this was a known bug due to the new map modes, but I can't seem to find any report on it. Am I the only one or did people simply never try them?

For reference, I'm running the Steam build, patched to latest beta (SXRA). The debug log doesn't seem to hold any useful info. Other scenarios and mods work well (or as well as can be expected). Everything worked fine on 1.2.

I get an unexpected termination crash every time I try to start a tutorial, any of them. I assumed this was a known bug due to the new map modes, but I can't seem to find any report on it. Am I the only one or did people simply never try them?

For reference, I'm running the Steam build, patched to latest beta (SXRA). The debug log doesn't seem to hold any useful info. Other scenarios and mods work well (or as well as can be expected). Everything worked fine on 1.2.

I have the same problems but for some reason no one ever reported them.

I have the same problems but for some reason no one ever reported them.

I don´t have that problem. Just started the "Interface" tuourial using the FtG 1.3 decembre beta and it worked fine. However I´m not using the Steam version of the game.

OK, I think I nailed down how to reproduce it:

• Start FtG and immediately load a tutorial. For me, this causes a crash.
  • Start FtG and load a scenario or saved game. Quit out of it and load a tutorial. For me, this loads normally.

I'd appreciate - as probably would Michael - if you could test this out and verify the pattern. Seems to me the tutorial needs some resource initialised that it can't do itself. I don't think the Steam thing matters. I recall previously verifying that it's a clean 1.2 install, except for the encrypted exe. That gets overwritten anyway.

Last edited:
OK, I think I nailed down how to reproduce it:
Start FtG and immediately load a tutorial. For me, this causes a crash.
Start FtG and load a scenario or saved game. Quit out of it and load a tutorial. For me, this loads normally.

I'd appreciate - as probably would Michael - if you could test this out and verify the pattern. Seems to me the tutorial needs some resource initialised that it can't do itself. I don't think the Steam thing matters. I recall previously verifying that it's a clean 1.2 install, except for the encrypted exe. That gets overwritten anyway.

If you are using Steam you could check the integrity of the files first within Steam.
And you could make sure that you have the latest (decembre) beta of FtG 1.3 installed
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?670289-FTG-1.3-Beta-Patch-Unified-Thread

Checked all that, the installation's hale. I'd still like people to try those steps above and see if the bug can be reproduced.

I already did that with the Interface tutorial and now again with the "units" tutorial. Works for me. So it´s not a bug that happens to everyone.

Have you done that already?
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335

Are you running any other programs in the background while playing FtG?

The vanilla game runs fine and it´s only the tutorials that always cause a crash for you?

You followed the advice in the tech support FAQ?
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?444126-Tech-support-FAQ