• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
China and Japan cannot preach their religions to each other? So the revolt rate in the pagan provinces will always be +1, though there is no religous penalty. I think it would be better if they can send missionaries, or they enjoy the same religious tolerance (like Sunnite vs. Eastern Sunnite). Thanks.

When my country which has more than twenty provinces could not diplomatically annex a one-province country of the same religion, I missed 1.2 verson so much...

It's still possible in 1.3 to diploannex, but seems to take more attempts, though if a failed attempt cancels vassalisation, it's very annoying...

Hello.

Sorry, if this is not a right place for such question, but I would like to ask, if in 1.3 final version there will be a possibility, to somehow, "dynamically" change the culture of provinces?

I mean, if for example I play as Poland and I will conquer the Polish Regained Lands(Hinterpomern, Kustrin, Silesia) the culture of them will after some period of time "automatically", or by my decision(not by given event) change to polish? Now it is possible to change the culture in these provinces, but it only can happen by event, no other way.

Michael, is it possible to add a random province with a port as a trigger? I'd like to write some trade-company-like events for states, which are landlocked at start but who might reach the coast. I know the "someof" trigger could be used for this but I'd have to add every possible coastal province including a port - and Kasperus' map has a lot of them...

I don't quite understand why you would want to check for random coastal provinces or why you would use someof instead of OR, but if you want a list of all coastal provinces, open provinces.txt in Notepad++ and do a search for the following regex (with ". matches newline" checked):
Code:
province\s*=\s*\{\s*id\s*=\s*\K\d*\b(?=(?:(?!province\s*=).)*?type\s*=\s*coastal)
Copy all results to a new text file, and replace the following regex with nothing (with ". matches newline" unchecked):
Code:
^\D.*?\D(?=\d*$)
Now you've got all IDs of coastal provinces in a file. If you want them inline, replace the following regex with a whitespace character (" " or "\t" for tabs) of your choice:
Code:
\D+
Done.

Michael, is it possible to add a random province with a port as a trigger? I'd like to write some trade-company-like events for states, which are landlocked at start but who might reach the coast. I know the "someof" trigger could be used for this but I'd have to add every possible coastal province including a port - and Kasperus' map has a lot of them...
Something like "num_of_ports" then?

I guess so. It would be easier than Andrei's suggestion and allow events like shipwreckers (is that the name for those guys who send false light signals to loot stranded ships?) the, generic East India Companies etc.

It's still possible in 1.3 to diploannex, but seems to take more attempts, though if a failed attempt cancels vassalisation, it's very annoying...
It is possible if I play Austria, but when I played Marathi from 1700, after almost conquering the whole India peninsula, I couldn't diploannex Odisa and Yanam, either of which had only one province, taking attempts of more than 20 times. It took lots of money as well as diplomatic points. I couldn't know if it was really possible to make that, as this is the game of FTG but not HOI2...

MP still broken

Just did a multi player test with two other players. The results are similar to the results of last years test with 1.2: if one player's PC/connection is a bit slower than the one of the host, then the game CTDs for the host... :( If the other player is immediately connected, then everything runs fine. For me it still looks like a timeout problem, e.g. like someone thought he specified a timeout in seconds, but in fact that integer was milliseconds... And I'm still offering my help with solving it... ;)

Uploaded a hotfix for the MP crash: http://crystalempiregames.com/development/FTG_1_3_2JuneHotfix.7z. I believe the crash is fixed since I can no longer duplicate it on my test setup, but now it's your turn.

Thank you to Adrianer for detailing a method for consistently reproducing the crash locally.

Works for me - the CTD is gone :) Thanks!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's usually not the "nicest" idea to post another bug, when the developer just fixed one, but otherwise I'll probably forget it ;) :
When switching to the Timur-Mod in this beta, the following error appears:

ftg_timur_error.jpg

So I started a game as Portugal and somehow it seems events listed in the agceep 1.57 event documentation list are a)not firing or b) are not included in the FTG 1.3 beta. Any info on which one it is?

Status
Not open for further replies.