• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MichaelM

For the Glory lead
10 Badges
Jun 30, 2004
crystalempiregames.com
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For The Glory
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
You know how sometimes you're working on a thing and updating it every few weeks and then all of a sudden it's been four years since you last updated? That happens to me, too.

Get the patch in the Tech Support forum (requires registration of your game copy).

Changes since 29 December 2013 (!!):

- Fixed bug in ownerchange and controlchange trigger. Community's #3 voted issue.
- Revolting countries now get claims instead of national cores on all provinces defined as "extra" in revolt.txt, even if they already own them. Community's #6 voted issue.
- Manufactories can now be destroyed only when a province is conquered, not when it is looted. Community's #10 voted issue.
- Increased maximum resolution to 2560x1440.
- Fixed minor bug causing very large AI countries to place far too low a priority on building manufactories.
- Fixed bug causing the wrong event action effects to show in the event window if there are multiple actions and only one of them has a valid trigger.
- Fixed rounding error in province income rollover text for overseas provinces.
- HRE elections are no longer held if no electors exist.
- Rebels are now two land techs below the current best, instead of one.
- NOR 3846 "End of the Kalmar Union" option C now triggers DAN 3847 "Norway Declares Independence".
- Spain's CoT events in Sevilla or Barcelona now trigger based on where Spain's capital is, not based on which Spanish formation event happened.
- SPA 3168 "National Revolt in Portugal" option B now returns all three mainland Portuguese provinces to them if owned.
- Made some miscellaneous event fixes (trigger simplifications mostly).
- Various "Council" or "Regency" monarchs are now marked "emperor = no".
- Updated some documentation in combat.txt and defines.txt.
- Made a few grammar fixes in English localization.

Post feedback here!

• 1Like
Reactions:
It's Chrismas :)
Glad to discover this good news

Merry christmas to everyone who is downloading or playing the new patch like me
san_grin.gif

Bug report. When I choice AGCEEP mod and the flags of Portugal, Spain, Ottomans and a few others were missing.
I had installed a gamer's gate version on Windows10 x64 and patched 1.1 and 1.2 and then installed the latest patch.
Or is this patch not compatible with the AGCEEP mod yet?

Last edited:
Bug report. When I choice AGCEEP mod and the flags of Portugal, Spain, Ottomans and a few others were missing.
I had installed a gamer's gate version on Windows10 x64 and patched 1.1 and 1.2 and then installed the latest patch.
Or is this patch not compatible with the AGCEEP mod yet?

Problems with a mod are not bugs of the game.
If you can play the normal game fine and have only a problem with a mod please mention that in the subforum of the mod you are playing. For AGCEEP there is:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?forums/agceep.480/

The issue with symbols like shields is that not every mod has a full set of every possible type. AGCEEP once had several sets (e.g. enhanced, glory, classic EU2 style) but nowadays only the "enhanced" set is complete due to lack of modders who have the time and skill to keep each set updated and complete (every time nations are added or changed). That issue is long known and was mentioned already here
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/issue-with-glory-shields.784836/

You can either set shields to "enhanced" manually in your options every time you change from the normal game or another mod to AGCEEP, or you can edit the
file mod_AGCEEP.txt in which the settings for AGCEEP are saved.

e.g. mine has
Code:
#AGCEEP

#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mod = {
   name = "AGCEEP"
   dir = "AGCEEP"
   language = { "english" }
   shields = { "enhanced" }
   remark = "AGCEEP 1.59b4"
}

#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This means that when you start AGCEEP it will always use the enhanced set of shields.

Regarding the version: The 1.2 and 1.3 patches do not include updates for mods. I do not know which version of AGCEP comes with the Gamersgate download but if it is not 1.59b4 you have an obsolete version and need to manually download and patch the mod:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/version-1-59b4-is-up.509577/

Problems with a mod are not bugs of the game.
If you can play the normal game fine and have only a problem with a mod please mention that in the subforum of the mod you are playing. For AGCEEP there is:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?forums/agceep.480/

The issue with symbols like shields is that not every mod has a full set of every possible type. AGCEEP once had several sets (e.g. enhanced, glory, classic EU2 style) but nowadays only the "enhanced" set is complete due to lack of modders who have the time and skill to keep each set updated and complete (every time nations are added or changed). That issue is long known and was mentioned already here
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/issue-with-glory-shields.784836/

You can either set shields to "enhanced" manually in your options every time you change from the normal game or another mod to AGCEEP, or you can edit the
file mod_AGCEEP.txt in which the settings for AGCEEP are saved.

e.g. mine has
Code:
#AGCEEP

mod = {
   name = "AGCEEP"
   dir = "AGCEEP"
   language = { "english" }
   shields = { "enhanced" }
   remark = "AGCEEP 1.59b4"
}

This means that when you start AGCEEP it will always use the enhanced set of shields.

Regarding the version: The 1.2 and 1.3 patches do not include updates for mods. I do not know which version of AGCEP comes with the Gamersgate download but if it is not 1.59b4 you have an obsolete version and need to manually download and patch the mod:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/version-1-59b4-is-up.509577/

Thank you. I downloaded the 1.59b4 patch and hotfix, and then edited the setting file, and the game runs with full flags.

By the way, MichaelM, if this is not a problem for you, more future updates with less content (like this one) will be better than one update and a few years of silence. I'm willing to start playing FTG once more but the last 4 years of waiting were like a whole century for me! :D

And I wonder (if this is possible at all) could you add a system like in EU III in which a province can turn to a core after for example 50 years (and the same method for removing cores)? That would be great and sorry if this was already asked.

Thanks for your hard work and regards. :)

By the way, MichaelM, if this is not a problem for you, more future updates with less content (like this one) will be better than one update and a few years of silence. I'm willing to start playing FTG once more but the last 4 years of waiting were like a whole century for me! :D

I see you aging even while typing your message
upload_2018-1-24_18-43-7.gif

And I wonder (if this is possible at all) could you add a system like in EU III in which a province can turn to a core after for example 50 years (and the same method for removing cores)? That would be great and sorry if this was already asked.

Thanks for your hard work and regards. :)

He did already mention that 1.3 would be the last official patch
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...s-for-patch-1-3-voting-closes-31-july.956638/
and in the same thread he linked the list of bugs/features that might still see work including in point 8 the core gaining issue.

Last edited:
I have mixed feelings about quick updates. On the one hand, anything that exists only on my computer may as well not exist. On the other hand, EU4's frequent updates have kept me from finishing a game in years. I've mostly given up on ever getting a game done between patches that break savegame compatibility.

However, I'm not planning a ton of breaking changes. I'll see if I can shorten the cycle a bit.

Is it possible for the patch to appear in version on Steam ?

I doubt Steam would supply the FtG 1.3 patch, unless it becomes an official patch and no longer has beta status.

Steam does have functionality for beta patches, but as far as I know it still requires the publisher to provide them to Steam. I don't have that access and I have not asked Paradox.