• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The opening to this chapter really reminded me of the austerity of having watched that movie Mongol . I thought this chapter definitely had a mood of foreboding with it . the future khan , the children , the dreams . A good theme throughout .

Salty, fishy and endangered? Love? Indeed.

As for the imagery, I think you caught out more than I directly meant, which is always a big perk to reading comments on your work. Sometimes the reader sees more.

Thank you all very much for commenting. It is very important for motivation!

Update by mid-week.

I once had an (amazing) English teacher in high-school that crushed my intellectually sublime analysis of Wordsworth's poetry with a sour ''read-the-text-again-m'boy'' remark. So over-interpretation is apparently one of many design flaws of yours truly.

I must say that I like your writing style very much, RGB. It reads very smooth and all the beautiful pictures in between are very helpful to split up the text in smaller pieces. Where do you get all of those?

FINISHED!

It took me awhile (mostly due to apathy) but I finally read through all of this, as promised.

So far I like it, I appreciate the shift to a part-Narrative as my focus and identification with characters in a Narrative is much stronger. Your writing style is very good and more people should be reading on this and commenting, honestly. It's a great work!

I'm subscribed now and should be around to give more detailed comments as updates come. Better hurry it up! ;) (She says while not updating herself...)

Its good to meet Andrei again, it has been too long. He is a likeable fellow but apparently one with little control over his fate

Maps are a great idea (although "AtlAARs"... really?) and look pretty good. I'd have cleaned up the very last one (of the Blue Horde) by removing some of the grainy terrain, just to make it easier to read. Otherwise top notch

I had some catching up to do here... thank royal weddings for the extra bank holidays to be able to :D

Great chapters as ever. Few AARs have this narrative beauty, interesting characters, deep historical knowledge and cool maps. And let's not forget, where else can you have love and caviar, Jungian analysis and Basques fishing Canadian cod 600 years ahead of the OTL? :eek:

Great chapters as ever. Few AARs have this narrative beauty, interesting characters, deep historical knowledge and cool maps. And let's not forget, where else can you have love and caviar, Jungian analysis and Basques fishing Canadian cod 600 years ahead of the OTL? :eek:

Nowhere else! As you say, this AAR is stupendous. Noticing activity on my subscription list I was rather hoping a new update had been completed, alas no. My Rus to Russia withdrawal symptoms will continue, woe is me!