• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

EvilSanta

Untrustworthy poo
33 Badges
Dec 18, 2004
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Victoria 2
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Stellaris
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Age of Wonders
  • Age of Wonders II
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Majesty 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
Trailer

napoleon.jpg

I am very sorry about the quality of that clip, I am new to all this movie editing and I used Windows Movie Maker from all the products of this world. I am also sorry for those "Trial version of Colourful Me" that frequently interrupt the trailer and make the opening text too short in time to read. Because Windows Movie Maker sucks so much, I was not able to save it as whole because the project was too "complex" (geez, it is just 1.40 long...) so I had to take first free program I could find and make it into right format with that. The drawback are those interruptions.

I will be getting Adobe soon as my mother can get it for free from her work. Hopefully I can do little more quality with that.

Then, onto the AAR itself. It will be played with the upcoming Nappy expansion pack, as you might have quessed and no, I do not own it yet. This AAR will continue as soon as I get it into my hands, IE somewhere in late August/early Septemper. Will this AAR be told entirely with videos? Unlikely. I have not yet decided the final format for the AAR but I think I will continue on parodying Hollywood and History Channel (I have never seen any History Channel documents myself but I have heard that they are rather biased and unhistorical (and worldwartwoesque). And any history-based channel that broadcasts Ice Road Truckers can not be of good quality.)

Last edited:
rose_mcgowan.jpg

[mindless, frustrated rant posted in a state of rage and tiredness mainly written to bump the thread for more people to see]Let's see if that lures a reader or two. I doubt it.

You know, struggling with that single clip took me like 10 hours with all the problems Windows Movie Maker and YouTube threw at me. Getting no response is sort of depressing.

[/well, not so mindless nor frustrated rant posted in a state of rage and tiredness but it was still mainly written to bump the thread for more people to see]

Last edited:
God Damn Evil give me a friggin chance to respond, I haven't been on all day.

It looks interesting, especially if there will be more half naked ladies in the AAR! :D

Can you confirm what your goals will be?

The trailer was pretty good. Also I think there were much people who followed your monty python AAR, atleast I for one enjoined it.

BBBD316 is right, more half naked ladies is good! :p

BBBD316: My first goal is to have fun. Second goal is to have somewhat historical game and learn more about video editing.

My rant was meant to be a bump for this thread, I saw that this thread had only 60 views and was about to fall to second page so I felt I should come up with a way to bring this up to first page again and let other people see it (as in the morning I felt that there would be nothing new before the game arrived so I should let more people see this before it falls into obscurity for weeks. But now I just came up with an idea of doing biographies of important characters before getting the game) I am not denying that my rant was a lie, I do feel sometimes that my AARs are neglected (atleast my HoI2 AAR. With EUIII/CK parts of the trilogy, not so much. In HoI2 area people get 20 replies for just informing people that they are writing an AAR) And the Windows Movie Maker almost made me throw this dang computer out of the window which was also a big reason for my disappointment. It felt like so much effort for nothing. But now I downloaded a decent freeware programm called WAX so with it things should go smoother.

Grubnessul: I was very satisfied with that AAR, both for my personal fun I had with it and that it also had few loyal readers. It is sad that gametime ended so fast.

I was more directing towards my HoI2 part of Trilogy with the lack of responses. I know that EUIII and CK are more silent and I should not expect many readers but over at HoIland I am bit amazed how little interest it has gained.

And there you go with more ladies. (I feel like a rap artist, selling my product with good-looking women)

em9443.jpg

(yes, this is another way to bump the thread. I swear this is last one before I post next meaningful update)

Spolied you are young padawan. You didn't follow the word of visdom in my sig either. You lack of readers is because of that, and the fact that you had a opening post that didn't tell what the AAR was going to be about, and that it would not come around for some weeks. Still though, you were unusually unlucky. What you shoudl do now is adding a fancy picture to the first post, featuring Nappy, and deleat that complainment about lack of readers. It doesn't look good early in a thread if you want to get readers.

those football videos angered me greatly :mad:
anway, made by you, ill be reading, infact, you AAR could be entirely mocking England, its sports, its inability to win anything, mention typical sterotypes and british quirks. It could be based solely on offending me ... but id still be intrigued and couldn't stop reading.
Anway, im babaling
Gutt luck!

*enjoys the pictures while humming Falalalalan*

It's a very interesting premise, though I am not sure about the Dallas theme song. :D

I'm interested to see what you do with the battles, to be sure. There was one like this in HoI that was phenomenal.

And I wasn't able to comment earlier since I can't watch stuff like that at work (YouTube gets cut out to save server space.) But I'll certainly try and keep up. By the way, I'd love to see a comment or two in one of my AARs one of these days. It might help my motivation. Quid pro quo, in my mind, remains the most sure bet to get and keep readers. ;)

looks interesting. and I'm talking about the AAR, not the women. right... :D

Trailer for upcoming Napoleon's biography

I have a spare hour and half tomorrow during school so I will hopefully be able to write the real thing then. If not, it won't come up until Friday due to my hectic schedule.

Snake IV: Napoleon added and the rant modified into a form it was meant to be at first. I had only 60 views by the time I wrote that and one step from second page so I used the rant to bump the thread so more people could have the chance to see it. (and it did work) I could have used a less emo way to bump this but I did not lie when I wrote it, I was disappointed.

Also, my principle is not to post in my old AARs only to advertise a new one.

Gigalocus: Well, this is meant to be written in American Hollywoodesque/History Channelesque style so all nationalities (save for Americans who won't play a part in this AAR, mainly for the reason they did not really play part in Napoleonic Wars either) will propably be looked down upon equally.

Grubnessul: *also enjoys the pictures. REALLY enjoys the pictures. I mean REALLY in the sense of ofmygodthosearebestpicturesever enjoys them*

coz1: I will use this mod for RTW to recreate the battles. It has quite realistic battles so it will fill it's job perfect.

And my AAR-reading-time is sadly quite limited novadays and am able to follow only few select AARs. "Into The West" is an AAR I have been meant to read for ages but never got around to it. I must download the pdf-form someday.

rcduggan: *looks at the women*

*hears rcduggan saying something*

Ohh. Yes, yes, thank you.

*wonders what that was and resumes watching the pictures*

one word : WOW!!! :eek: :eek: :) :D

and one question: Where in the name of Great Old One did you get this 'Bold and Beautiful' clip?:

NowyObraz-mapabitowa4.gif

there is TVP1 logo (Polish television) in upper right corner.

Napoleon_Bonaparte_young_officer.jpg

Young Napoleon Bonaparte

Napoleon Bonaparte (born Nabolione Buonaparte) was born to lowish Corsican nobility of Italian spaghetti-eating side-changing origin in 15th of August 1769, a year after imperialistic French surrenderers gained control of the poor, insignificant island located somewhere in the Mediterranean. His father was Carlo Buonaparte, a Corsican die-hard anti-French nationalist turned into a Corsican frogeater and her mother was Letizia Ramolino, a harsh mother who embraced a level of hygiene unknown to the French before or after her time, reaching the amazing level of bathing once every two days. Napoleon had seven inept siblings who survived into adulthood and five who died as a child, including another Nabolione Buonaparte whose name the to-be Emperor inherited.

Napoleon left his God-forsaken island to enter a French military school of Brienne-le-Chateau at the mature age of nine. After 5 years of playing with tin soldiers he graduated and entered the elite school of École Royale Militaire where he finished two years worth of studies in one year despite never being able to spell in French. This in French terms high quality education gave Napoleon something.

After his graduation in the year 1785, Napoleon was assigned to La Fere artillery as a second lieutenant, a job he entered when he was good 16-years-old. He was in the job from January 1786 until the outbreak of French Revolution, although he was on vacation for two/thirds of the time, in the typical French fashion. After the outbreak of French Revolution, Napoleon spent his time in Corsica struggling against the God-knows-why Corsican nationalist Pasquale Paoli, eventually losing and being forced to retire to the French mainland. But in Corsica he gained the favour of radical Jacobine faction which earned him the post of artillery commander in the Revolutionary forces besieging royalist town of Toulon which was supported by the teadrinking "let's beg Americans to save us" English forces. His brilliance won the Revolutionaries the day and he gained the attention of the brutal Committee of Public Safety, which usually was a bad thing, and Augustin Robespierre, the younger brother of the infamous Maximilien, a person unusually much feared for a Frenchman. This friendship threw young Napoleon into a French prison after the fall of Robespierre and he served the maximum French penalty, ie two weeks.

In 1795 Napoleon was serving in the garrison forces of Paris when counter-revolutionaries and royalists tried to stage an armed coup. Napoleon used his artillery to beat the enemy back and this act gained him the favour of the new Directoire and a certain Joséphine de Beauharnais, a high society wench, whom Napoleon ended up marrying, an act that did not end the typical French love affairs with outsiders for either of them.

And on March 27 1796 Napoleon gained control of the exhausted, French and badly supplied Army of Italy and the rest is history.

That is the short biography I made for Napoleon. I tried to remain as historical as possible (but I bet there are still some minor mistakes) but do it in a biased way that still tries to remain seemingly serious text. You can judge how well that worked out.

Anyway, I just got the Nappy expack so the actual playing can begin in no time.

Snake IV: EvilSanta reading SnakeIV:s post

thrashing mad: Not further away than our beloved YouTube. There you go.

Damn, I love those dubs. The original speech is not removed from the background and one person does all the voices, even for females! And he really is into the character when speaking those lines. :D

Thank God Finland uses subtitles for everything save for few kid's shows. That is horrendous. (not that I care in case of shows like "The Bold And The Beautiful" but watching show like Monty Python with dubs like that... :mad: )

EvilSanta said:
Damn, I love those dubs. The original speech is not removed from the background and one person does all the voices, even for females! And he really is into the character when speaking those lines. :D

Thank God Finland uses subtitles for everything save for few kid's shows. That is horrendous. (not that I care in case of shows like "The Bold And The Beautiful" but watching show like Monty Python with dubs like that... :mad: )

Well it`s not exactly dubbing but something like spoken subtitles - 100 % of foreign tv shows are broadcasted this way in Poland - hmm for me it`s absolutely normal. We have trained professionals with flawless diction, that read all dialogs. But yeah, I`ve heard that in Scandinavia you use just subtitles - it distracts from watching actual action, but at least its not disrupting audio.

Subtitles all the way! When I was in belgium I saw Star Wars in French, quel horeur!

EvilSanta, looking good so far, though I'm not sure if I can let you make fun of my previous life unpunished ;)

Gigalocus said:
those football videos angered me greatly :mad:
anway, made by you, ill be reading, infact, you AAR could be entirely mocking England, its sports, its inability to win anything, mention typical sterotypes and british quirks. It could be based solely on offending me ... but id still be intrigued and couldn't stop reading.
Anway, im babaling
Gutt luck!

Strange, since the same stereotypes about inability to win anything etc are about France xD I think English are making stereotypes about the French and vice versa :p yeah that would make sense.

french-revolution-2.jpg

France of 1796 under Le Directoire. An enemy to so many, a friend to so few. Fightning a war against Austria, Great Britain, Portugal and a number of small German states, the Revolution is still facing the biggest threat of it's existance in the form of the First Coalition. Levee en masse gave France a large pool of highly motivated yet poorly trained men, dedicated to the cause of Revolution but are they enough? In 1796, dreams came true to some, got crushed for others. It is the year 1796, the year of Napoleon. 1796, the year of war. 1796, the year that shaped the future.

This is an unbiased and totally historical documentary that will recapture those magical years with amazing accuracy.

ladirectoire.jpg

La Directoire and the leading advisors of the regime, including the infamous Talleyrand, a diplomat who backstabbed more people than Jack the Ripper

By 1796, France had survived the worst and had managed to install a friendly Batavian republic to the Lowlands and negotiate a peace with both Prussia and Spain. Still, La Directoire was growing increasingly tired of the war and prepared a massive invasion to take place on three fronts. French troops were divided to three main armies, the ones of Rhine under Moreau that was to advance from Elsass-Lothringen, Sambre-et-Mouse under Jourdan that was to help Batavians and Italy under Napoleon that was to take care of the Austrians and their Italian allies in the peninsula and then advance north to combine forces with Moreau and two minor, supporting armies, Cavalry of Rhein under Ney that was to work closely with Moreau's main army and act as an advance guard and army of Interior which was to quell the Vendee rebels once and for all and then act as a reserve unit and support any of the three armies in need of reinforcements and this is not a long sentence at all and if you think this is a long sentence you have never even seen a long sentence.

ranskantilanne.jpg

French situation in the North

armyofinferriorr.jpg

Massena sieging the Vendee rebels

nappyjaitaly.jpg

Napoleon and his Army of Italy in action

In Wednesday 30th of May, Napoleon fought his first battle as a general. Battle of Piedmont was a disaster to small Austrian force and not a single man remained to continue war of that detachment.

The Battle of Piedmont

Napoleon, seeing the small numbers of Austrians, only used half of his army in the battle and only a fraction of his cavalry, which he wanted to preserve for later use. Napoleon deployed his numerically inferior cavalry on his right flank and his guard units and some of his line infantry to left while to middle he left his artillery and majority of line infantry. The battle started with cavalry skirmishing in the right flank where French were initially succesful but the greater numbers of Austrians would eventually force the French to temporarily retreat in a magnificent tactical manouver by Napoleon. In the left flank Napoleon ordered his forces to advance forwards attempting to strike Austrians at their side while forces in the middle would pin them in a musket fight. Then Napoleon sent a brigade to take the village in the middle and another to help his struggling cavalry in the right flank which allowed parts of his cavalry to disengage and move to aid in the middle. His tactic worked better than he ever imagined as the Alvintzy's second-in-command was killed instantly and the Austrian units started routing under heavy musket fire before the first bayonet charge even touched their ranks. In the right flank, the infantry unit sent to help proved decisive and Austrian cavalry routed seeing their infantry in full retreat.

The Battle of Piedmont was a crushing defeat for the Austrians but the loss of general Alvintzy's minor army would not mark the end of Austrian presence in Italy but it marked the beginning of Napoleon's presence in the hearts of the French.

thebattleofpiedmont.jpg