• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's a bloody slog, but at least it's going well so far.

In Dover, everyone was running around like headless chickens trying to stick to plans written weeks before in case of russian attack.

However, in a nondescript office building, the smartest men in the country and the most experienced military officers were concocting horrific and bloodthirsty ways to bleed russia dry of its millions of soldiers. Nothing was left off the table. Chemical weapons, gas attacks on hosptials, all manner of bombs dropped unreservedly on any and all targets. The preperarion to unleash compouds that would render ukraine and much of western russia sterile to farming and kill off most large animals. Larger flamthrowers that were more like canons, blasting hundreds of meters of frontline to ash. And, on top of all that, the X Bomb, that would destroy everything in ways not even they fully understood yet.

TBC had been 'promoted' up a star to preside over this...commity, what was in-house referred to as the Doomsday Office and what many privately called the Unforgivable Solutions. It was a punishment for a moral officer but that was pretty much why he was there. First for speaking out against the government and second, because they still trusted him to not cross any line until it was necessary. All of these ideas, experiments, and potential world ending weapons would not be used without his signing off joined with the president's signature. If they were going to hell, they were going together.

He had already signed off on three projects.

He was fairly sure he wouldn't survive this assignment.

Glad to see a real world war waging in this! I kinda hope Chile and Brazil join in to make things interesting.

Also in terms of story would the Italians in this universe unite or would they be too culturally divided? Their unification is almost a century late here

Oh man. The previous war was nothing compared to this. We're in for a real fight now.

It will not be easy.

It's a bloody slog, but at least it's going well so far.

Surprisingly well. I expected the UBP, all the former Carinthian countries, and British Scandinavia to have fallen by now.

In Dover, everyone was running around like headless chickens trying to stick to plans written weeks before in case of russian attack.

However, in a nondescript office building, the smartest men in the country and the most experienced military officers were concocting horrific and bloodthirsty ways to bleed russia dry of its millions of soldiers. Nothing was left off the table. Chemical weapons, gas attacks on hosptials, all manner of bombs dropped unreservedly on any and all targets. The preperarion to unleash compouds that would render ukraine and much of western russia sterile to farming and kill off most large animals. Larger flamthrowers that were more like canons, blasting hundreds of meters of frontline to ash. And, on top of all that, the X Bomb, that would destroy everything in ways not even they fully understood yet.

TBC had been 'promoted' up a star to preside over this...commity, what was in-house referred to as the Doomsday Office and what many privately called the Unforgivable Solutions. It was a punishment for a moral officer but that was pretty much why he was there. First for speaking out against the government and second, because they still trusted him to not cross any line until it was necessary. All of these ideas, experiments, and potential world ending weapons would not be used without his signing off joined with the president's signature. If they were going to hell, they were going together.

He had already signed off on three projects.

He was fairly sure he wouldn't survive this assignment.

Let's all pray that TBC makes it through in one piece. Unlikely anyone will come out of it alright.

Glad to see a real world war waging in this! I kinda hope Chile and Brazil join in to make things interesting.

Also in terms of story would the Italians in this universe unite or would they be too culturally divided? Their unification is almost a century late here

As I recall, there was never any cultural unity in Italy this timeline, so it's unlikely a unified Italy will appear.

Now the real World War begins!

What's our standing with Brasilian faction? Is there a danger of them joining the war to capture more South American territories?

Brazil hates us, naturally. Chile does too. But I think, given the coming chapter(...), they won't make a move.

I guess Italy will kinda be This world's Balkans then, though probably less religiously divided and just culturally and perhaps Politically divided. When I say Balkens, I kinda just mean a collection of small states in a big area instead of one big State. Just kinda interesting to think about

Messy, very messy. The US better get its technology ahead as well as arming divisions with lots of artillery and anti-tank battalions.

Messy, very messy. The US better get its technology ahead as well as arming divisions with lots of artillery and anti-tank battalions.

TBC is working on the tech. Unfortunatly, quite a lot of it is morally reprehensible and we're all quite worried about setting a precedent here that we can't come back from.

Quick note! Noticed I said General BPM instead of TBC in the last chapter. It has been updated.

Chapter 15 - Dec 1944: Trinity

The jeep zooms along the small dirt road. On its modified, extended back are stacked 10 wounded men. Just 100 feet in front of the jeep is another, with just as many wounded men. 100 feet behind is a third. They race toward the small town of Warsko, population 3400 before the war. Now, it is a town sized hospital. The citizens were evacuated weeks before, and now every building and every person not a soldier is dedicated to treating the wounded from the frontline in Poland. And there are plenty of wounded to go around. In the 5 days since the hospital was established, it has had 12 thousand men go through it. Most of them are transferred out and to better hospitals much further from the line. Many die before they get the chance to. Others are treated and return to the fighting.

Warsko is not the only hospital town. There are a dozen others along the line, all of the overflowing with the wounded and the dead. More of them will be needed if the war continues.

Britain's campaign in West Africa does well, and Prussia is nearly ousted in the first two months of the war. The combat is fairly horrible in the sandy dunes of the Sahara, but it must be done. The British are joined by the Colombian and Peruvian expeditionary forces under US control.

z4TVht6.jpg

On the 16th of December, the front line in Poland meets with the UBP's southern border. Now dozens of Stali divisions are trapped in North Poland. It appears that Russia underestimated how many troops it would need in order to defeat the UBP, and now their enemy has reached fairly far into Russia. Stara Ladoga was overrun a week before, but Leningrad holds out against the UBP.

ssSywCO.jpg

As Winter sets in, Russian reinforcements arrive on the frontline with the UBP, and the offensive into Russia is halted. In Scandinavia, Sweden stops the US and British troops in their tracks. Stockholm, which was put under siege weeks ago, holds out against the Anglo Alliance, showing no signs of falling anytime soon. The only progress seen in the weeks leading up to Christmas is the fall of Poland.

Q2DWyJl.jpg

By New Years day, the war has slowed down somewhat. Winter has thrown a wrench in the Anglo war machine in Europe, and they are no longer pushing the Stali Pact back.

General Chester Nomad, Air Corps Chief of Staff, begins the Nomad Bombing Campaign against Hungary. This campaign will bomb railroads and bridges in Hungary to destroy supply lines and slowdown troop deployment. The aim of this is to ease the Anglo invasion efforts from the west. Casualties have gotten so bad during the invasion that most of the offensives have been delayed due to a lack of men and supplies.

3t1AXxR.jpg

The Stali Pact launches a counter offensive in early February, attempting to take back the lands lost. While the lines do hold, there are beginning to be equipment shortages. First to go is the motorized vehicles, and many divisions are pulled back to recuperate. The US does not see strikes like the Autumn Riots of '41, but there are many demonstrations in major cities against the war. Countering these are a propaganda and war bond campaign featuring Major America, the strong and brave soldier ready to take on Russia!

WydTBjh.jpg

Stockholm survives the Winter siege, but the Spring brings with it a fresh effort from the Anglo Alliance. It takes many more weeks, but the city falls as the last of the garrisoned troops surrender.

UkHaA36.jpg

Castille joins the war on March 28th when it looks as though the Anglo offensive in Europe has failed. They declare war and engage the Teutonic troops on their border. But they bite off more than they can chew. General TBC's 12th Army, which finished clearing the Italian peninsula months ago, and the 8th and 18th armies are sent to assist the Teutons in the fight. They were preparing for the invasion of Eretna, but Castille is a more pressing concern.

isuv4rC.jpg

What they really bring to the fight is their navy of 81 ships. While the Battle of the Mediterranean is winding down in Anglo favor, the introduction of another 81 enemy ships into the Atlantic poses a real problem. Carrier Group 1 and the newly formed CG 5 are assigned to deal with the new threat.

KVFJ5Xt.jpg

Carrier Group 1 collides with the Castillian navy. A dozen Castillian ships are sent to the depth of the ocean floor, while the rest retreat south.

o1tDATX.jpg

As Castille joins, the first combat in Australia begins with the attempted British-Haitian invasion of Castille's colonies.

pjDPJ09.jpg

The offensive in Sweden does well in the thaw, and the US troops reach halfway up the country by mid April. Even so, this far north poses many supply problems for the US, especially with snow still coming down in some places, and the offensive slows.

fHX3q3O.jpg

Castille's homeland in Europe is swallowed whole by the shear number of Anglo divisions attacking it. But kicking them out of Iberia will not be enough to defeat Castille. Their small territorial holdings throughout the world will be safe refuges for their government.

oUpzDNV.jpg

In the desert of New Mexico, A lone metal spire stands tall. In a bunker some 8 miles away, a timer reaches 60 seconds just as the clock ticks to 4:29. The men throughout the bunker have already secured their goggles to their heads. There was a worry of rain and lightning earlier, but as though by God's grace, the skies have cleared. At the front of the group is General TBC, flown in to see the test. Several men grip the edge of the bunker's one large window as the timer reaches 10. Will this work?

The timer runs out, and there is a split second that feels like forever as nothing happens. Then a blinding light illuminates the entire desert and even the mountains a hundred miles away. A slight tremor goes through the bunker, and the men all collectively let out their breath in pure awe at what they are viewing. A great mushroom cloud reaches far into the sky. The shock wave hits half a minute later, rattling the entire bunker and obscuring their vision with dust and dirt and deafening them with a sound louder than anything any of the scientists have ever heard before.

SGJxkEB.jpg

General TBC sighs. "He will pour out His wrath like fire, and all will be slain."

The first atomic explosion on earth happens at 4:30 AM April 26, 1945, in New Mexico, USA.

T53akOR.jpg

Last edited:
The time has come. We have the ultimate weapon now. Show the Russians that democracy is nonnegotiable!

I did not see Castille being this big of an issue, but they're working as the tipping point to be enough of a pain for their allies to regroup. The nuclear bomb is sounding like the best way to end things quickly...

This is getting very interesting so far. Also, I'm little afraid that the UBP push into Russia is going to make things a little too easy, at least when it comes to beating Russia.

I wonder who's the equivalent to Einstein in this world is, If they have been mentioned before I forgot. Is there is one, I'd kinda like to see a destroyer of worlds reference
Perhaps after the first bomb has been dropped on the Enemy

Also let's hope the Russians don't get the bomb and Nuke London, if it exists in this timeline. It's been a long while since the CK2 and EU4 bits so I may of forgtten some things

The time has come. We have the ultimate weapon now. Show the Russians that democracy is nonnegotiable!

Time to drop a little freedom capsule on them.

I did not see Castille being this big of an issue, but they're working as the tipping point to be enough of a pain for their allies to regroup. The nuclear bomb is sounding like the best way to end things quickly...

That's the plan as of right now, but we'll see if the bomb brings an end to the war.

This is getting very interesting so far. Also, I'm little afraid that the UBP push into Russia is going to make things a little too easy, at least when it comes to beating Russia.

I wonder who's the equivalent to Einstein in this world is, If they have been mentioned before I forgot. Is there is one, I'd kinda like to see a destroyer of worlds reference
Perhaps after the first bomb has been dropped on the Enemy

Also let's hope the Russians don't get the bomb and Nuke London, if it exists in this timeline. It's been a long while since the CK2 and EU4 bits so I may of forgtten some things

Yeah I was uber disappointed in how very very sucky Russia has been playing so far. They can't handle their vodka when it comes to war I guess :/

Oh I did put a Destroyer of Worlds reference in there. It's a little obscure, and it isn't said by an Einstein equivalent.

The capital of Britain is Norfolk, so I guess that would be the London equivalent. But then again, I'm sure London is also a big city, just not the capital.

Oh I did put a Destroyer of Worlds reference in there. It's a little obscure, and it isn't said by an Einstein equivalent.
"He will pour out His wrath like fire, and all will be slain."
I'm guessing this is the reference. From Revelations, I think?

I sure hope Russia ups its game a bit. It's the final boss of this war, and it should be more than a match for America.

I'm guessing this is the reference. From Revelations, I think?

I sure hope Russia ups its game a bit. It's the final boss of this war, and it should be more than a match for America.

I morphed a quote from Lamentations ("[...] And slain all that were pleasant to the eye; In the tent of the daughter of Zion He has poured out His wrath like fire.") until I got something I was happy with.

I do hope so as well. I was hoping for a reconquest of Europe, but oh well.

General TBC, who has been with the 3rd Army of tank divisions for years, is reassigned to the 12th Infantry Army. They are sent to the Teutonic port of Toscana to aid in the invasion of Hungarian Italy. By the time they arrive, Rome has been taken by the Teutonic Order.

Quite literally a moment where one's reputation preceeds them. Still at least someone else can fight properly. I think it's neat those Knights are still around at all to be honest.

The Humvee zooms along the small dirt road.

A jeep maybe but for Humvees to exist TBC must have been so hard on the scientists that they invented tine travel, escaped to the eighties and then came back with a couple of these things.

Britain's campaign in West Africa does well, and Prussia is nearly ousted in the first two months of the war. The combat is fairly horrible in the sandy dunes of the Sahara, but it must be done. The British are joined by the Colombian and Peruvian expeditionary forces under US control.

This stage of the war is operating under Khaine's general directive to isolate russia. Everyone in the know is aware of what TBC's team are working on. They also know they can only realistically deploy such horrors on Russian or Chinese territory. Certainly few would tolerate a purely european target and quite honestly most see them as last resorts even against the might of russia and china.

TBC and Khaine thus coordinated a series of campaigns with the rest of the joint alliance command with the view of removing all of russia and china's stooges and allies from the war. Offically, this is to boost morale in the face of a new world war and ensure the full might of the alliance can focus on russia. Unofficially, it's because Russia is seen as far more acceptable to wipe out.

As Winter sets in, Russian reinforcements arrive on the frontline with the UBP, and the offensive into Russia is halted. In Scandinavia, Sweden stops the US and British troops in their tracks. Stockholm, which was put under siege weeks ago, holds out against the Anglo Alliance, showing no signs of falling anytime soon. The only progress seen in the weeks leading up to Christmas is the fall of Poland.

Still, the war is actually going pretty well for the Alliance as a whole. If sweden falls or even if we take Stockholm and push them out of the south, that's the north sea and ultimately most of europe secured right there.

The Stali Pact launches a counter offensive in early February, attempting to take back the lands lost. While the lines do hold, there are beginning to be equipment shortages. First to go is the motorized vehicles, and many divisions are pulled back to recuperate. The US does not see strikes like the Autumn Riots of '41, but there are many demonstrations in major cities against the war. Countering these are a propaganda and war bond campaign featuring Major America,

This seems to be a tounge in cheek and rather obscure but nonetheless black comedy statement from someone in the governemnt about how many new officers, especially captains and first lieutenants, are being promoted ad hoc to replace dead superiors.

Castille joins the war on March 28th when it looks as though the Anglo offensive in Europe has failed. They declare war and engage the Teutonic troops on their border. But they bite off more than they can chew. General TBC's 12th Army, which finished clearing the Italian peninsula months ago, and the 8th and 18th armies are sent to assist the Teutons in the fight. They were preparing for the invasion of Eretna, but Castille is a more pressing concern.

Newly promoted 5* general TBC had a new soundbite for the press when asked for comment on the shock entry into the war:

"This is not war. This is pest control!"

When asked if the campaign would be over by Christmas this time:

"I see no need to be so pessimistic."

As gung ho as it seemed, the attitude was shared by quite a few readers, including naval command which now had to secure several dozen small islands all over the world at very short notice. Castille weren't really a threat on land but their navy and their empire of tiny rocks was going to be really annoying to dismantle.

What they really bring to the fight is their navy of 81 ships. While the Battle of the Mediterranean is winding down in Anglo favor, the introduction of another 81 enemy ships into the Atlantic poses a real problem. Carrier Group 1 and the newly formed CG 5 are assigned to deal with the new threat.

81? Hmm...that is quite a lot. I guess that's what they spent their time and money on.

Castille's homeland in Europe is swallowed whole by the shear number of Anglo divisions attacking it. But kicking them out of Iberia will not be enough to defeat Castille. Their small territorial holdings throughout the world will be safe refuges for their government.

Empire of small rocks indeed... They'll be sanctuaries for other governemnts as well. Need to get rid of them.

In the desert of New Mexico, A lone metal spire stands tall. In a bunker some 8 miles away, a timer reaches 60 seconds just as the clock ticks to 4:29. The men throughout the bunker have already secured their goggles to their heads. There was a worry of rain and lightning earlier, but as though by God's grace, the skies have cleared. At the front of the group is General TBC, flown in to see the test. Several men grip the edge of the bunker's one lar

"Today's test was three years in the making. And in all honesty, quite a lot was at stake. We'd been hearing rumblings about a joint-staxi project of similar aims for a few months now.

It was a hot and dusty morning as it is most days at this time of year. The afternoon was very clear however so the test could go ahead. I was very much excited but also very much aware we could all be dead within the next few moments.

At 4:30, they dropped the bomb."

A great mushroom cloud reaches far into the sky. The shock wave hits half a minute later, rattling the entire bunker and obscuring their vision with dust and dirt and deafening them with a sound louder than anything any of the scientists have ever heard before.

"The sound and heat was immense, greater than many battlefields where many hundreds of guns went off per minute. But it was the light and the dust that shook us. A great spire of hell fire from the ground half a mile up, surrounded by a brown mushroom shaped cloud of ash, dust and exploded atmosphere.

We had in the space of a few minutes gone from men to lesser gods. This is fire from Olynpus on a whole new order of magnitude.

We shall build more. And pray we do not use them."

General TBC sighs. "He will pour out His wrath like fire, and all will be slain."

"I record this down for history to remember, perhaps in a post-nuclear age for the horror that it is. I was not the only one recalling scripture. I recall several men weeping or muttering hymns or prayers. One, I think a scientist at the front row, turned to his neighbour and said, "Now I am Death, the Destroyer of Worlds."

I believe we all agreed."

-General TBC, New Mexico, 'Project Zeus' site

Apparently Daleks are now American.:p

Trying to emulate the feeling of a hoiv player. 'Oh no, castille declared war. That's...irritating.' *kill*

Only they really are like pests becauss they're small but bloody everywhere.

How long will it take to start producing nukes in numbers. You will definitely need them for China and Russia. Make sure they can never make war again.