• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

silentsam5

Professional Human Impersonator
98 Badges
Jun 24, 2013
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Magicka
  • March of the Eagles
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Knights of Honor
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
vsVkq08.jpg

Welcome to Part 4

Make sure to read parts 1, 2, and 3 first!​
Welcome to the fourth and final part of this mega-campaign! It has been a long time since I began this campaign in 1066, but I'm happy to say I am ready to finish it! The hiatus was caused by a very turbulent time in my life. I have a few weeks of respite from the horrors, so I intend to finish this AAR. Let's hope all turns out okay for the USA!

Style
As per usual, the style will be part history book, part role-play. In general, I just write how I like to write and hope you all enjoy it. This time around, I plan on using some newspaper style writing for some of the updates.

Updates
Don't expect them more than twice or so a week. I'll try and get them out as often as possible, but no promises.

DLC
Yep

Mods
Only custom events and nations will be used for this part.

Goals
- Survive
- Protect Britain
- Defeat Fascism

Name Rotation
In the last three parts, readers' names were used for heirs, children, and leaders. Now, I'm just adding them to a list, and anytime the game needs a name, it can randomly pick one from the list. Commenting will get your name on the list (and anyone who had their name in the rotation from the last three will be in there too).

Voting
Mild interactivity approved by Mr. Capiatlist

Last edited:
Table of Contents

Prologue - 1936: A Tattered World

Part 1 - The Pacific War
Chapter 1 - Jan 1936: The Chinese Civil War
Chapter 2 - Feb 1937: China
Chapter 3 - Jan 1938: Japan Versus the World
Chapter 4 - Jul 1938: The Battle for Manchuria
Chapter 5 - Jun 1939: The Spark

Part 2 - War of the Covenant
Chapter 6 - May 1940: Iberia and Colombia
Chapter 7 - Dec 1940: Bloody Europe
Chapter 8 - Jun 1941: The Autumn Riots
Chapter 9 - Dec 1941: The Invasion of North Africa
Chapter 10 - Aug 1942: The Tides Turn
Chapter 11 - Apr 1943: Meenen's Demise

Intermission - May 1943: The Norfolk Peace Conference

Part 3 - Pax Mundi
Chapter 12 - Jun 1943: Russian Consolidation
Chapter 13 - Dec 1943: Pax Brevi

Part 4 - War of the World
Chapter 14 - Oct 1944: The First Stroke
Chapter 15 - Dec 1944: Trinity
Chapter 16 - Apr 1945: The Beginning of the End
Chapter 17 - Jul 1945: The Desolation of Eretna
Chapter 18 - Nov 1945: That Thursday of Terror
Chapter 19 - Jan 1946: The Fall of Sweden
Chapter 20 - Mar 1946: The Election of 1946
Chapter 21 - Jul 1946: The War's End

Part 5 - New World Order
Chapter 22 - Oct 1946: King of the Ashes

Epilogue - 2017: 70 Years Later

Last edited:
So happy to see this up! Congrats on reaching the final stage of the megacampaign. I assume we'll be starting off with a world update to show how everything converted?

Subbed! Glad to see this is still up and running. Can't wait to see America spread FREEDOM to the world!

I'm glad to see this continue! Sorry your life has been crazy for awhile.

The begining of the end at last, eh? Should be fun.

Subscribed!

The finale begins, at least until Stellaris ;)

Speaking of which, will you continue this into Stellaris. I'm sure the galaxy has a lot of oil oppressed peoples who need freedom.:p

Prologue - 1936: A Tattered World

Nearly 40 years after the greatest war ever fought ended, the world is in peace. Countless died in the bloodshed, yet the strain it was meant to relieve still exists. Europe is held together by a tattered mess of alliances and promises; North and South America are at odds after their most recent war; and Asia is a mottled field of vainglorious nations vying for power.

2 years ago, in Norfolk, England, a man named Leo Szilard proposed the idea of a nuclear chain reaction caused by neutrons. He specifically detailed the possibility of an explosion, given the required mass, that the reaction could bring about. He patented the idea and gave it to the British Admiralty to be kept secret. His innocent intentions do not stop the possible destruction this idea could bring about...

gnpsizW.jpg

Europe

4FfkJZ8.jpg

Britain dominates Europe, controlling the Isles, southern Scandinavia, Normandy, and Brittany. Also in their domain are parts of Africa, Patagonia, India, Oceania, and Canada. Lotharingia takes up much of central Europe. It remains as the most powerful nation in the world. It lost the title of largest industry when the US overtook it earlier this century. Squeezed uncomfortably between British Normandy and Lotharingia is Picardy. Once a powerful kingdom, it is but a shell, and its most important function is as an obstacle between Britain and Lotharingia. Neither nation is friendly with Picardy (in fact, no one is particularly fond of them), so invasion is likely in their future.

Je3oroC.jpg

Iberia is split between the Teutons and Castille. The Teutonic Order came out on top on the peninsula (both metaphorically and literally), and Castille has had to rely on its allies to keep from total conquest. To the very north of Iberia is the small nation of Andalusia. This tiny country acted as median for the Great War's peace conference.

ueoLKf7.jpg

The former Carinth-Hungarian nations are thriving. The South German Federation has re-branded itself as the Kingdom of Prussia, ruled by King Jacob von Haynau. Carinthia, which once came the closest to uniting Europe since the HRE-Byzantium union, now controls only Northern Italy. It is also despised by all its former subjects. Hungary has the largest realm in Europe, if you do not count Russia, and controls much of Eastern Europe, Southern Italy, and parts of North Africa. Poland, like Picardy, finds itself sandwiched between several nations. To its east, the United Baltic Provinces looms terrifying. To its west, the Kingdom of Prussia and the North German Federation lie.

sDW0h23.jpg

Stretching from Eastern Europe all the way to the Pacific is the behemoth Russia. While it gives the outward appearance of a democracy, even giving itself the title of 'the East's Defender of Democracy', corruption, persecution, and political assassinations are a common occurrence. Another 'democratic' nation is Russia's ally to the west, Sweden. It also suffers from the same political ailments that inflict Russia.

5gfiqK6.jpg

Middle East

Eretna rules the Middle East. While most of the independent nations of the Middle East are in chaos, recovering from the Middle Eastern wars from nearly 40 years before, Eretna stays strong. It, like Sweden, is allied with Russia and, like both of them, also suffers from a false democracy. Castille also controls a large part of the Middle East and North Africa. Fascist Arabia controls parts here and there, most of which is along the west coast of the Red Sea and a large part of Morocco. The rest is split between the nations resulting from the Civil War: Turkestan, Sanaa, Qara Koyunlu, Persia, Kurdistan, and Iraq.

AbSwAkj.jpg

Asia

Japan hungers for more conquest. At the moment, the Empire controls the home islands, Formosa, and Korea, but its eyes are set on China. China is currently locked in a standoff between Wu China, an imperialistic nation seeking to unite the Empire, and True China, a democratic alliance between the Yue and the Yi, who want to create a united democratic China.

z1FVLxa.jpg

Oceania

A few large independent nations still rule in Oceania. The kingdoms of Pagarruyung, Brunei, Majapahit, and Ternate control many of the large islands. Much of the rest is owned by Britain, Iraq, Haiti, and Castille. The Philippines is owned by the USA. Australia is split between Haiti, Britain, and Castille.

5AjUfxB.jpg

America

North America, with the exception of Cuba and de Nederlandse Antillen, is united in the Anglo Alliance, led by the USA and her partner Britain. Cuba and Antillen have both fallen to fascist revolutions, and they stand opposed to the US's alliance.

UHNdpUj.jpg

Much of South America is hostile to the Anglo Alliance. Brazil and Chile, in the Union of Silver, are still recovering from the war. Peru, Colombia, and Venezuela are controlled by fascists. It is clear the US has no friends in the South.

d2N9jUI.jpg

With Japan looking for conquests to the West, the fascists to the South, and Russia's Stali Pact to the East, the Anglo Alliance is surrounded by enemies. Despite the tight-nit alliance, the strength of the free world dwindles in comparison to the growing numbers of fascists and tyrants. The next decade promises more bloodshed than ever before seen in the history of the world.

Last edited:
The stage is set! Time for nukes!

Why is Mexico called the Mexican Opposition? They don't seem to be opposing anyone.

Why is Mexico called the Mexican Opposition? They don't seem to be opposing anyone.
Since their name is in english, it could just be what the anglo sphere calls them.

I've fixed it since I took these screenshots. I updated the screenshot just now.

Ah, what a wonderful starting stage. Aside from you obviously succeeding in your goals, I'm hoping to see the Teutonic Order bring all of Spain under its banner and for Picardy to somehow survive their predicament.

Ah, what a wonderful starting stage. Aside from you obviously succeeding in your goals, I'm hoping to see the Teutonic Order bring all of Spain under its banner and for Picardy to somehow survive their predicament.

I'll do my best to protect the Teutons! Cannot promise anything for Picardy...

The stage is set, the pieces are ready. It's time for the world to decide how history unfolds...

Glad you're back! I was starting to miss you :)

Chapter 1 - Jan 1936: The Chinese Civil War

President Amos Jacobweller is two years into his four year term. Come 1938, he will run once again for the Democrats. Thus far, his time in office has been uneventful; other than reaffirming the US's dedication to defending her allies, not much has occurred. He is a wildly popular president, surprisingly, because of his time as general in the South American war, and because of his natural ability to connect with all kinds of people.

At the moment, his government is quietly focusing on improving the already great economy of the US. New factories will be constructed (focusing on military production) and infrastructure will be improved. R&D is geared towards the US's first functioning aircraft carrier and better machine tools. His plan before the election was always to modernize the US Navy and improve infrastructure. So far, he is on track to do both.

hAIvB03.jpg

The Army consists of 18 national guard units, and 18 units in the 1st Army, led by General Lucas Luc. The Army Air Corps is rather lacking, barely 400 planes, so production is geared toward new fighters (P-40s) and tactical bombers (B-23s). The Navy is also lacking and has about 88 ships total, 7 of which are out of date battleships stationed in the Philippines. The war in South America gave the false impression that the US military was top of the line. However, if faced with an adversary like Russia or Japan, the US is unlikely to keep up.

On New Year's day of 1936, President Jacobweller wakes late in the morning. He has thus far had an unturbulent presidency, but it may be time to take action. Both Cuba and de Nederlandse Antillen have fallen to fascist revolutions, and both have been accused of horrible crimes against minority populations. In Antillen, a small party of democracy supporters, called the Weerstanders, works against the government. The country is powerful for such a small nation, fielding anywhere from 16 to 27 divisions. They would make a valuable ally. The President authorizes funds to secretly be given to the Weerstanders, as well as military equipment.

8Px1jfm.jpg

Meanwhile, the showdown taking place in China grows more tense. Negotiations for better relations, originally aimed at creating a united government, have broken down. Wu China closes all borders with True China. Along with that, all Yi and Yue diplomats are asked to leave. It seems peace is not in Asia's future. Japan watches on hungrily. They head the East Asia Conference, which includes itself, Korea (a Japanese puppet), and the small south east Asian nation of Ava.

OskXdOk.png

In May, the new Lexington class Carrier is completed. The schematics are sent to the dockyard, and an order of 3 of them to start is made.

UDTy9xB.jpg

The tension breaks on the 12th of May, as a million Wu troops storm across the Yi border. The Yue quickly come to their ally's aid, but there is not much that could stop the flow of Wu soldiers into Yi territory.

JfeZ1uC.jpg

c6N25I3.jpg

The President is given much council from his advisers. On one side, aiding True China would likely not be enough for their victory, and the weaker the resulting China is, the easier it will be for Japan to swoop in and take control. On the other side, doing nothing would allow the imperial Empire of China to be created, casting away any hopes of a democratic ally in East Asia. When given the choice, Imperial China is preferred to Japanese China. The US stays out of it for the moment.

In unrelated news, a new adviser, Amos BPM, has been hired. He specializes in the War Industry.

UQP3RWD.png

The Chinese Civil War is nasty, and within a month, each side sustains 150 thousand casualties. The Wu have already pressed the Yi back far along the entire border, but saying China is a big place is like saying the Sun is hot, and the war will likely last months longer before a capitulation.

3e44ZhM.jpg

North of the Wu is a relatively smaller Chinese nation called the Jin. They are ruled by a fascist warlord called Gao Ting. In recent months, the Jin have been getting close to the Japanese, going to the Japanese 'Fascist Summit' in June of '36. The growing relationship worries the US, since an alliance with the Jin would allow the Japanese to stage a land invasion of China through the north. If Jin remains neutral, the Japanese would have to settle for naval invasions of Wu China, much more costly. Having Jin in the Conference would also give the Japanese tens of thousands of more troops for the war.

htkfSsp.jpg

As August begins, the dead in the civil war reaches nearly a million, and the other great powers of the world take notice. Defending against a Japanese invasion and supporting the Wu, the Russians guarantee Wu China's independence. Britain follows the US's lead and merely keeps watch of the situation. A few smaller democracies, like Canada and the Teutons, give some equipment aid to True China, while not actively giving military aid. News of the horrors and atrocities committed also reach western ears. Thousands of innocent are slaughtered, needlessly, as the Wu march through enemy territory. It is indeed hard to understand, as burning villages does nothing to unite China.

jjbcSku.jpg

(Wu China)

A new military adviser is hired, a theorist named Benjamin Blitz. New training begins for the units stationed in the Pacific, in preparation for a possible war with Japan.

i04shJB.png

On December 1st, 1936, the Jin joins the East Asia Conference, declaring friendship and common defense with Japan.

VI79J2T.jpg

At the same time, Winter hits China, and the Wu offensive slugs to a slow crawl. Neither side was properly supplied to begin with, and the cold kills hundreds as December turns to January. Wu China has already reached far into Yi territory, and True China is on the edge of capitulation.

A92Fqrn.jpg

The first aircraft carrier is completed in January of 1937. It is dubbed the USS Verigan. It will not likely be in service very long, as already another variation of carrier is researched in February.

LjlqsuX.jpg

As one million Wu troops are dead, and the rest are battling against True China's forces in the south and west, Japan declares war on February 22nd. On their side is Jin, Korea, and the small Southeast Asian nations of Ava, Laos, and Bengal. The Shun, another warlord friendly with Japan, also joins the war on Japan's side.

A6ZZbfd.jpg

A few days later, Emperor Okada and his government receive a telegram from Russia. They declare war, bringing with them Prussia and Eretna. And on February 26th, Wu China officially joins the Stali Pact.

N3cEw51.jpg

The war was started with the intentions of uniting China, one way or another. Now, the Chinese Civil War has devolved into a conflict between two Great Powers.

NOTE:
- Benjamin Blitz is my new favorite name.