• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
DB was court chaplain of East Anglia for years. He kept asking for his own demesne, but I 'mentioned a church career' XD. I really should do an update of all the children of Ralf III.

I like to imagine him as being rather like The Black Adder. Everything makes sense when I think of it that way.

Reactions:
in October, a daughter is born. They name her Blitz the Dragon.

Dear me, it seems I have been Rule 63'd.

I am okay with this.

Now, tell Lady Blitz that she is the prettiest princess! >=3

Reactions:
Dear me, it seems I have been Rule 63'd.

I am okay with this.

Now, tell Lady Blitz that she is the prettiest princess! >=3

Same thing happened to me. :D I'm hoping my fair counterpart helps bring the family glory!

Quite the unconventional king, Breselueu. Do you have another de Gael lined up to inherit after him? Or perhaps intents to abandon the witanagemot in favour of primogeniture or the like? Either way, interested to see how Lloegyr turns out. And hope to see a little update on all the named characters, too. Here's to King Densley Blair, the future king! :)

Chapter 14.5 - 1176: A Quick Update on the Family

King Breselueu the Usurper, first of the Breton Kings of England, takes control of the throne on February 2nd, 1176. He and his Breton court take hegemony over the Kingdom, rechristening it Lloegyr, a name many Bretons commonly use in place of England.

QIsyu3j.jpg

He has two daughters with his Wife Constança, Princess of Aragon and now Queen of Lloegyr. The eldest, at 6 years, is named Blitz the Dragon. She is being educated by Cearl, son of Densley Blair. The younger one is only a few months old, and she is named Jerkera. It will be several more years before a guardian is chosen for her.

JDSml0L.jpg
wSV0fpK.jpg

Count Attalus of Oxford, son of the late Ralf and nephew of Breselueu, has two children, one a son named Ralf, the other a daughter named Tristana, both children. He remains Breton in nature.

AKP9eOC.jpg

The Anguished One, the eldest daughter of Ralf III, is now at the age of 59. She and her husband Gottfried only have one daughter, a 43 year old woman named Ealdflæd. In the years since her father's death, she has considered herself more and more Anglo-Saxon and less and less Breton.

FSMzDs2.jpg

The Anguished One's younger sister Saxona, Breselueu's aunt, married to the Duke of Mercia long ago, is 54 with 6 children, although none of the line de Gael. She has also slowly become less Breton over the years, at the request of her husband.

KWgw7BW.jpg

Densley Blair, youngest of the children of Ralf III, has remained as always, learned scholar stuck in the background behind tall, plotting men. However, for a long time he has been court chaplain of East Anglia and now, with Breselueu as King, he is court chaplain of Lloegyr. He too now considers himself Anglo-Saxon.

MwyyYBX.jpg

Densley Blair has just one child with his wife, Cearl, guardian of Blitz, a man of 26 years, a brilliant diplomat, also chancellor of Lloegyr. Married to a princess of Byzantium, he has one son named Tanet, barely 2 months old.

j9U0VFP.jpg

Overall, the family tolerates one another. There is much tension between Breselueu and Densley Blair, the former only having been made Duke 8 years previously. Densley, weak in all areas but books and writings, still believes that he would make a better ruler of the realm. He also believes that England should be ruled by a proper Anglo-Saxon man, not a Breton.

NOTE:
-If Cearl had more children, or was likely to have any more, I would consider trying to get him as an heir, but that Chaste trait makes it unlikely his family will grow much bigger.
-I don't know if I want to keep it as Lloegyr for the rest of the AAR. However, what with so many of the de Gaels 'defecting' to Anglo-Saxon, it may not last that long!

Reactions:
I like Lloegyr!

Didn't Loup get any children?

The Anguished One's younger sister Saxona, Breselueu's aunt, married to the Duke of Mercia long ago, is 54 with 6 children, although none of the line de Gael. She has also slowly become less Breton over the years, at the request of her husband.

Ah well, not much chance of the children of Saxona claiming the English Throne. :(

Ah, my counterpart never accomplished much. Oh well, at least she has lived a long time. Whenever the AI gets around to using that name again, maybe I'll do better.

Cearl does seem like a good heir, but I agree with your hesitation thanks to his chaste trait. Princess Blitz the Dragon has some decent stats for her age. Unless she turns out bad once she reaches age, I'd say use her as your heir. Time for a Queen of Lloegyr!

Ah, my counterpart never accomplished much. Oh well, at least she has lived a long time. Whenever the AI gets around to using that name again, maybe I'll do better.

Cearl does seem like a good heir, but I agree with your hesitation thanks to his chaste trait. Princess Blitz the Dragon has some decent stats for her age. Unless she turns out bad once she reaches age, I'd say use her as your heir. Time for a Queen of Lloegyr!
No! Heir club for men!

Fixed. Sorry for anyone I send down the rabbit hole.

The amusing part is that you can pretty much do half of the situations in CK2. The other half you can do with mods or should be able to do with mods.

Sadly, the most awesome one (IMO, the deconstruction) cannot yet be done. That should be fixed:
"King Bob the Nth dies and Prince Charlie is crowned, but "he" turns out to be crossdressing princess Charla and her father knew this before he died and designated his heir." <-- Why isn't this a plot that you can do if you only have daughters.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Chapter 15 - 1176 to 1184: The Foreign King

For the last hundred years, Breton influence in the world as grown; Brittany still, in February of 1176, controls the Kingdom of Jerusalem, allowing thousands of Christian pilgrims every year safe travel to the Holy Lands; A small chunk of Iberia is controlled directly by the King of Brittany; and King Breselueu the Breton has become the first King of England, now called Lloegyr. But, with a succession through force such as his, Breselueu will have to stem the flow of dissent throughout his kingdom, for the vassals are not all happy to serve the new foreign King. For the kingdom to thrive under his rule, he must appease them or oppress them.

851kO24.jpg

First on Breselueu's agenda is his heir. With no son, the heir to his Duchy of East Anglia is his daughter Blitz the Dragon. But, with Lloegyr's Agnatic Succession, only a male can inherit the Kingdom. He elects his nephew Attalus of Oxford. However, vassals are currently throwing their votes towards the Duke of Mercia. This may change with time, but the current heir to Lloegyr is the Duke.

LUH96Ow.jpg

The next matter is the troubling relations between King and vassals. To start, he sends the Duke of Mercia a generous gift in recognition of his help in the war. He then sends modest amounts of gold to the other vassals who perceived their lands as having suffering during the war. By the end of the month, the attitude throughout the kindom has improved, though the King's gold stores are quite depleted.

p87a8mS.jpg

Last, he selects several new commanders of Lloegyr, including Duke Mærleswegn of Mercia, Duke Æthelstan of Hwicce (who happens to be the son of King Loup, now cousin of King Breselueu), and Duke Leofric of Cornwall. They graciously accept.

6Vw6jFX.jpg

The next year passes quietly, with the exception of a small peasant revolt in Norfolk, led by a disgruntled former soldier, unhappy with the Kingship of Breselueu. It is put down quickly and the leader executed.

uhL8Z9F.jpg

r0t8vex.jpg

In August of 1177, Densley Blair, for the fifth time, asks his nephew Breselueu for a fief of his own to rule and govern over. Although he knows it is not the best idea, Breselueu relinquishes, promising him one. The only counties that Breselueu would be able to give away are Northampton, Essex, Suffolk, and Norfolk, none of which he would like to part with.

lPE1Pmh.jpg

In a strange move, Breselueu grants Densley the county of Northampton and, at the same time, changes his vote for heir to him. Now, Densley Blair is the heir to the Kingdom of Lloegyr.

9IaG2H7.jpg

In 1179, Queen Constança is pregnant. Breselueu hopes for a boy to solidify his line. By the end of the year, not one but two boys are born whom they name Rhifnaw and DKM.

GUBssZo.jpg

iyNGJbu.jpg
yPj5dGT.jpg

As the year turns to 1180, the levies of Lloegyr have recovered to full capacity, and Breselueu seeks to extend his personal demesne. Unfortunately, there are no strong claims he can push for against outside lands. Instead, he sets his sights on the county of Bedford, formerly a part of the Duchy of East Anglia. It is now controlled by Duke Æthelstan of Hwicce, son of former King Loup. Breselueu gathers plenty of support for his claim on the county from his vassals and, in February, delivers an ultimatum to Æthelstan, demanding the county without incident.

BGFmsfK.jpg

He wisely accepts the demands, handing over the county, but warning Breselueu that the deed will not be forgotten in Hwicce. For now though, the realm remains stable.

0n5KZiR.jpg

What follows next is a string of deaths.
In December, Gottfried, Husband of The Anguished One and spymaster of East Anglia and Lloegyr of many years, dies at the age of 73. Gottfriend and The Anguished One's Grandson Sighere takes over as Spymaster of Lloegyr.

Whz1hjn.jpg

In May of 1181, Imre, the former Marshal of East Anglia, passes away at 54.

uYxuR5B.jpg

Then, only a few months later, Saxona passes away at the age of 59. In her life, she married the most powerful duke of England and had 6 children. Though none are of the line de Gael, she lived a long life and her name shall not be forgotten!

2NGt1t0.jpg

In may of 1183, Thoræd, Duke of Essex and deposed King of England, dies in the dungeons of Lloegyr. The heir to his Duchy of Essex is none other than Densley Blair. Now, Densley controls the Duchy of Essex, which includes the counties of Northampton and Middlesex.

ZdZEONN.jpg

In June, Cearl's wife gives birth to their second son, whom they name Berthgualt.

axUlfIl.jpg

As the year of 1183 comes to an end, the twins Rhifnaw and DKM turn 4 years old. Cearl is given Rhifnaw to be guardian of, whereas DKM is sent to Duke Mærleswegn of Mercia. At the same time, Blitz the Dragon turns 14, the age of womanhood. She is the epitome of a well spoken woman. Breselueu decides then and there that she should be married matrilineally at all costs.

bu9b5iU.jpg
DpUhSn9.jpg

Qg33RhO.jpg

Things are looking quite positive for Lloegyr. The vassals are fairly happy under Breselueu's rule, the economy is strong, and several claims have been fabricated on Welsh counties in preparation of a Lloegyr invasion of Wales...

F3KGKRI.jpg

NOTE:
-If you can figure out why I named the boy Rhifnaw, please post the reason!
-A full summary of Blitz will come next time, but she has very impressive Diplomacy. Congratz Blitz!
-One of Saxona's children named their youngest child Saxona, so the name will carry on! Probably not very far, but still...
-Despite a rather generous gift (Seriously, it was a lot) and the position of commander, the Duke of Hwicce was still pretty angry at Breselueu, thus I didn't feel bad when I revoked Bedford from him.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Densley ended up quiet powerful in the end.

However the next king of Lloegryr should be Æthelstan, duke of Hwicce and rightful heir, of the branch of Loup! Time to get the best branch of house de Gael in charge of affairs again.

Densley ended up quiet powerful in the end.

However the next king of Lloegryr should be Æthelstan, duke of Hwicce and rightful heir, of the branch of Loup! Time to get the best branch of house de Gael in charge of affairs again.

Thought you might say that!

In June, Cearl's wife gives birth to their second son, whom they name Hypatia.
Little error there, Hypatia is the name of the mother. Berthgualt is the child's name.

Also, Wulfhelm Bacon, Duke of Lancaster - a bit amusing and immersion breaking that Norman dynasties get used (and how much more so for one only from the Elizabethan era!), even if the invasion fails. Oh well. Anyways, here's to Densley Blair, Duke of Essex and future King!

The succession is safe!
btw when does English culture usually spawn again? You could just skip anglo-saxon culture and be that instead.

Little error there, Hypatia is the name of the mother. Berthgualt is the child's name.

Haha! My bad, I misread, but I guess I should have caught it, as Hypatia sounds like a girl's name, not a boy's.