• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just another step forward however I have a question what is the plan for which counties that you would want to eventually own yourself?

Won't you Saesneg ever leave the Welsh alone? :p

Things seem to be going alright in Thetford – though the Earl lapsing into alcoholism probably isn't too brilliant. Hopefully it doesn't have any major derailing effects on Norfolk's plans for world domination.

Waiting for more, as ever!

A nice update there, with the broadening number of children for House de Gaul. I wonder, intending to marry off little Anguished One and Saxona matrilineally?

Just another step forward however I have a question what is the plan for which counties that you would want to eventually own yourself?

I wanted to take Northampton, which is now under the protection of the Duke of Essex. When Attalus reaches majority, he will marry the Duke of Mercia's daughter, so I will have a powerful ally. After this, I will probably go after the Duke of Essex, take some of his counties if I can.

Won't you Saesneg ever leave the Welsh alone? :p

Things seem to be going alright in Thetford – though the Earl lapsing into alcoholism probably isn't too brilliant. Hopefully it doesn't have any major derailing effects on Norfolk's plans for world domination.

Waiting for more, as ever!

I hope not as well. I just want one leader that isn't hindered by high crown authority, depression, drunkenness, or infertility.

A nice update there, with the broadening number of children for House de Gaul. I wonder, intending to marry off little Anguished One and Saxona matrilineally?

It would be best to do that. I mean, there is a lack of de Gaels at the moment.

This looks really interesting, i'll be keeping an eye on this.

Thanks!

Guys, my computer's fans are acting up. The update will be a few hours late today.

Reactions:
This child is promised with an extraordinary Destiny with such a name :p (only lacks to build New Pergamon in Norfolk :p )
So Go Attalus ! Make me proud ! :D

Reactions:
Guys, my computer's fans are acting up. The update will be a few hours late today.

Don't worry about a delay, we can be patient. I'm still honored that I got a character named after me. How will my CK2 female version turn out..?

Reactions:
Chapter 8 - 1122 to 1133: Drinking Problems

All is calm and peaceful in East Anglia. Although England is at war with the Welsh Kingdom of Gwynedd, the wars have been long over in East Anglia. While the countryside rests, Ralf leads troops in the war... although he doesn't find peace in life, he finds peace in alcohol. He is known throughout the lands as a drunkard, drinking through the local monks' wine. Still, East Anglia is in respite.

QpG1Nzd.jpg

In October, the county of Lincoln, on the northern border of East Anglia, is inherited not by an English man but a Scotsman. Chancellor Cenguethen is sent to fabricate a claim, but he is recalled soon after.

k1lDSTV.jpg

Eventually, the alcohol leads to stress, and Ralf sinks even lower into the drink.

jMzVE31.jpg

In April of 1124, the Count of Suffolk passes away, still in prison. His son, Cenwulf, inherits the county. For now, he is content to stay in his current position.

inUuyJ8.jpg

In November, the English-Gwynedd war ends. The county of Powys is taken for Duke Morcar of Mercia.

6KtiWsB.jpg

In October of 1125, expansion of the town around Thetford Castle begins.

berLl48.jpg

In February of 1126, Attalus reaches maturity. The marriage of Attalus and Wulfthryth takes place 14 years after it was arranged. With such a powerful ally, East Anglia can start looking for opportunities for more territorial gains.

XLJqZR5.jpg

uZIArKF.jpg

Ralf's drinking reaches a low in the months after the marriage, falling asleep in church due to drinking the night before.

fUllgKH.jpg

By the start of the year 1127, the town outside Thetford is finished.

kY1B7RO.jpg

Bad news reaches Ralf in 1128. The Count of Suffolk's only heir is the son of the Countess of Oxford. If Suffolk passes to him, the county will no longer be part of East Anglia. Immediately, Ralf sets about plotting the revocation of the county from its count. Within a month, Ralf and his supporters send the Count a letter, demanding he give up the county. He refuses, and war is declared...

5B4npY3.jpg

2 thousand East Anglican men march to Suffolk and win a decisive battle with the enemy troops. The survivors and surrounded and destroyed. The victors then move to besiege Suffolk.

35Oz6O6.jpg

In September of 1129, Ipswich Castle falls, and the Count surrenders. All three counties of East Anglia are now directly controlled by Ralf.

pp3XHaT.jpg

In 1130, Attalus approaches Ralf, saying that he would make a better chancellor than the current one. Ralf, who loves his son, and who also agrees with him, accepts. Attalus is now Chancellor of East Anglia.

lixczgw.jpg

Soon after Attalus becomes Chancellor of East Anglia, Ralf becomes Chancellor of England. Despite his drunkenness, Ralf is still a skilled diplomat.

lgQjdF8.jpg

The Anguished One comes of age in April of 1130. She is married, matrilineal, to a German courtier named Gottfried, who is known for his intrigue. Soon after he arrives at Norfolk, Ralf's new son-in-law is made Spymaster.

HgXnEGD.jpg

byMbERz.jpg

In November, King Leofric declares war on Scotland for the County of Lincoln. As Ralf is busy with chancellor duties, he does not take part in leading troops.

TdXwnpj.jpg

In March of 1131, Ralf's wife is pregnant with their fifth child.

3TcVusJ.jpg

After a surprisingly short war, the King of England surrenders to Scotland. It appears that the first combat of the war was a complete and utter defeat for England.

rrVI4D8.jpg

In October, the wife gives birth to a son. He is named Densley Blair.

pG9TseY.jpg

Despite the earlier troubles of East Anglia, the future looks bright in 1132. Ralf's stress becomes a distant memory, although he still drinks frequently. Better yet, Attalus sends news that he has managed to fabricate a claim on the County of Northampton.

0NRUgyN.jpg

The next years promise war for East Anglia.

FqOtQsH.jpg

NOTE:
-I will make another update in the next hour with summaries for both Attalus and The Anguished One. I forgot to take any screenshots of them for this chapter.
-Nothing has really changed in the outside world.

Reactions:
subscribed. Reason: 12832378371398373839765432345678909876543234567890-9876543234567890-09876543234567890987654323456787654324567654567potato72363163876128378687313

What an intense pace of updates! Nonetheless, I have caught up. I'm curious concerning one thing, now that the Cossacks is actually released, can we count on you having that in the EU4 part?

Morcar of Mercia is very powerful, better to have him on your side rather than as a rival, considering all the territories he controlls. He might soon try to become king of England too, given the electoral sucession.

And what a nice boy you had there, little Loup! (hopefully) Destined to be a great ruler one day... :)

Summaries of Attalus and The Anguished One

This is as of 1132.

Attalus is an extremely skilled diplomat, hence why he is Chancellor of East Anglia. However, all of his other skills are on the low side, but it won't be a problem; that 25 in diplomacy will carry him just fine! His wife a quite a few years older than he, so it is unlikely he will have as many children as his father did.

60pmah1.jpg

The Anguished One has a much lower diplomacy than her brother, while the rest of her skills are similarly low. She has very few traits, also similar to her brother. She also has -164.5 prestige, due to her marriage to a courtier of low standing. :) I'm hoping she will bring lots of new de Gaels into the world.

q10oAGl.jpg

Reactions:
What an intense pace of updates! Nonetheless, I have caught up. I'm curious concerning one thing, now that the Cossacks is actually released, can we count on you having that in the EU4 part?

Morcar of Mercia is very powerful, better to have him on your side rather than as a rival, considering all the territories he controlls. He might soon try to become king of England too, given the electoral sucession.

And what a nice boy you had there, little Loup! (hopefully) Destined to be a great ruler one day... :)

I own it and have played it (I do like it!), but it depends on if it will work with the CK2 to EU4 converter.

At the moment, Morcar is my ally (reminiscent of the Duke of York, who was also named Morcar). I intend to take advantage of it as long as I can!

25 Diplomacy! good show sir. I'm hoping Saxona will turn out well. :D

Attalus is an extrordinary diplomat!

Attalus doesn't need to be good at anything else with that 25 diplomacy. He'll make an excellent ruler (assuming CK2 doesn't decide to take away the good heir).

I turned out terrible! :D Hopefully I help bring more de Gaels into the world (without passing on that hunchback trait).

Here's hoping DB has a fair wind behind him! Does he currently stand to inherit anything?

Attalus doesn't need to be good at anything else with that 25 diplomacy. He'll make an excellent ruler (assuming CK2 doesn't decide to take away the good heir).

I turned out terrible! :D Hopefully I help bring more de Gaels into the world (without passing on that hunchback trait).

That isn't hunchback, that is humble :)