• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(133691)

Corporal
9 Badges
Feb 2, 2009
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Iron Cross
  • Majesty 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
First of all, I think the new Japan Invasion AI is marvelous.
I am tied in a frantic battle to kick the Japanese out of New Zealand and make sure they don’t try invading Australia.

Still, I find above picture somewhat troubling; Japan invades like crazy and somehow it seems that the fun-loving people of Indonesia are cheering and waving flags at the sight of the IJN troop transports.
“Hello friends from Japan, thank you for saving us from our horrible Dutch masters!”
“No problem, future loyal subjects of the Emperor! From now on we will call this great island the Imperial Colony of Borneo. Please wait while we tour your island and mark our territory yellow (.....).
Ok, well, we have to go now; you know, drink sake, invade other islands, you know the drill. Now be good, Indonesian allies and take care of our property!
Oh, and.. don’t forget to put all your oil and rubber in a fishing boat and send it north, ok? Arigato! Bye!”

The Indonesian wave their flags frantically as their Japanese friends get on their transports....

But seriously... the whole island of Borneo without a single garrison and with 0% dissent. It seems a bit odd.
Aside from the fact that the Allied AI is not taking advantage of the situation by taking back the invaded territory.

Bah, colonial territories have no dissent in the game. That's rather historical than not, although not 100% accurate either. And I prefer Japanese removing their troops from Borneo to go and invade other places than the other way around.

It's more problematic to have JAP neither cleaned PHI nor the DEI. They need to get these areas secured before attempting to land in Australia and New Zealand.
It's not really easy to tell the AI something it should do only to see it doing something else.

Well I looked it up on wikpedia and they don't mention any organized partisan activity for borneo where you saw it was on the Malayan Pennisula, Veitnam, Burma, China, Hong Kong, and the Phillipines. I did a little more looking, and while the Japanese were far more oppresive than the dutch they replaced. There was no organized partisan activity until right after Japan's surrender, when the Japanese troops as part of thir surrender tried to restablish official Dutch Control.

Last edited:
Lack of dissent is hard-coded and the AI is smart enough not to garrison islands without dissent.