• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

vigarh

Recruit
Feb 26, 2021
Hello! I want to enable friendly fire in Battletech. Unfortunately, the settings in Combatgameconstants do not work:
"StrayShotsEnabled": true,
"StrayShotsHitUnits": true,
"StrayShotValidTargets": 0 ---> 2

Can you please tell me how to implement the friendly fire function in Battletech 1.9.1?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Yeah, I've tried changing it to 2 and never gotten a friendly fire hit either. Following with interest.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I've suspected this a long time back. I remember when it initially became available, it seemed to work. However, in the final version I can't seem to get it to happen. I first chalked it up to small sample size after the RT crew also confirmed it works and they didn't mess with it other than changing the setting.

I think a deeper dive with a larger sample size would be warranted.

Like if someone made a missile/laser boat with a crap pilot, then 3 Lancemates with quick jumpy mechs vs 1 enemy in skirmish.

Take the 3 jumpys and put them in the hex around the target, rear arc facing the bad shot boat. Save, then let the bad shot boat fire away. Check for rear arc dmg and then load and try again.

I've suspected this a long time back. I remember when it initially became available, it seemed to work. However, in the final version I can't seem to get it to happen. I first chalked it up to small sample size after the RT crew also confirmed it works and they didn't mess with it other than changing the setting.

I think a deeper dive with a larger sample size would be warranted.

Like if someone made a missile/laser boat with a crap pilot, then 3 Lancemates with quick jumpy mechs vs 1 enemy in skirmish.

Take the 3 jumpys and put them in the hex around the target, rear arc facing the bad shot boat. Save, then let the bad shot boat fire away. Check for rear arc dmg and then load and try again.

I can confirm it works in rt but Im not sure what if anything more was done to enable it

I can confirm it works in rt but Im not sure what if anything more was done to enable it
Yeah, all I remember was asking in the RT discord about this and the response was just "edited the value in the json" like normal.

I remembered I made a thread about this here months ago: