• Crusader Kings II Expansion Subscription

Subscribe to the CK II Expansion and enjoy unlimited access to 13 major expansions and more!

• Paradox Space Exploration Sale has arrived! Up to 75% off

How's the space on your hard drive? Paradox wants to challenge your galaxy brain with a great selection of space exploration games - and they're all on sale for some very down-to-earth prices! The sale runs from May 4th until May 10th at 17:00 CEST / 08:00 PDT.

May 4th - May 10th
  • Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

vigarh

Recruit
Feb 26, 2021
Hello! I want to enable friendly fire in Battletech. Unfortunately, the settings in Combatgameconstants do not work:
"StrayShotsEnabled": true,
"StrayShotsHitUnits": true,
"StrayShotValidTargets": 0 ---> 2

Can you please tell me how to implement the friendly fire function in Battletech 1.9.1?

• 1Like
Reactions:

Pode

Lt. General
70 Badges
May 3, 2005
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • 500k Club
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Majesty 2
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Magicka
  • Pride of Nations
  • War of the Roses
  • Sengoku
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Dungeonland
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
Yeah, I've tried changing it to 2 and never gotten a friendly fire hit either. Following with interest.

• 1Like
Reactions:

vigarh

Recruit
Feb 26, 2021
By the way, the friendly fire function is implemented in RogueTech, can anyone who understands the game code be able to see how they did it?

• 1Like
Reactions:

Amechwarrior

General
9 Badges
Feb 23, 2018
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Initiate of the Order
  • BATTLETECH
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
I've suspected this a long time back. I remember when it initially became available, it seemed to work. However, in the final version I can't seem to get it to happen. I first chalked it up to small sample size after the RT crew also confirmed it works and they didn't mess with it other than changing the setting.

I think a deeper dive with a larger sample size would be warranted.

Like if someone made a missile/laser boat with a crap pilot, then 3 Lancemates with quick jumpy mechs vs 1 enemy in skirmish.

Take the 3 jumpys and put them in the hex around the target, rear arc facing the bad shot boat. Save, then let the bad shot boat fire away. Check for rear arc dmg and then load and try again.

Sigil

Captain
11 Badges
Feb 28, 2018
  • Stellaris
  • BATTLETECH
  • Age of Wonders III
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
Following as well. Changing Combatgameconstants values in vanilla 1.9.1 does *not* work as previous posters have noted.

JamieWolf

Sergeant
14 Badges
Apr 4, 2019
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
I've suspected this a long time back. I remember when it initially became available, it seemed to work. However, in the final version I can't seem to get it to happen. I first chalked it up to small sample size after the RT crew also confirmed it works and they didn't mess with it other than changing the setting.

I think a deeper dive with a larger sample size would be warranted.

Like if someone made a missile/laser boat with a crap pilot, then 3 Lancemates with quick jumpy mechs vs 1 enemy in skirmish.

Take the 3 jumpys and put them in the hex around the target, rear arc facing the bad shot boat. Save, then let the bad shot boat fire away. Check for rear arc dmg and then load and try again.

I can confirm it works in rt but Im not sure what if anything more was done to enable it

Amechwarrior

General
9 Badges
Feb 23, 2018
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Initiate of the Order
  • BATTLETECH
I can confirm it works in rt but Im not sure what if anything more was done to enable it
Yeah, all I remember was asking in the RT discord about this and the response was just "edited the value in the json" like normal.

I remembered I made a thread about this here months ago: