• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
wilcoxchar said:
Sorry if this is obviuos, but where are these movies you speak of?
I guess, here.

MrT said:
The colonial Switzerland was played by a human on easy difficulty level so that pretty much disrupted the situation there. I don't recall ever having seen an AI-controlled Switzerland doing any colonisation, although the situation in Europe late in the game can be somewhat variable in a game started in 1453. There are so many possible variables that can have a butterfly effect that this isn't all that surprising.

Yes, I can understand that. Honestly I am itching for trying some offhand games, just to check the credibility of the results. By credibility I don't mean historicity. Spain conquering Portugal is totally "credible". Spain conquering Russia, Turkey or Norway it is not.

By the end game is it normal the usual suspects colonize the new world, more or less at the right spots? (North America for UK and France, Caribean for UK and Spain and South America for Portugal and Spain). Does each country AI still have specific areas of interest or provincies they go after like in EU2?

Interesting obscure tidbit: the name of this AAR was also the official name of a theme in The Rivers Run Red, a MrT AAR from 2002-03 which I highly recommend.

Fulcrumvale said:
Interesting obscure tidbit: the name of this AAR was also the official name of a theme in The Rivers Run Red, a MrT AAR from 2002-03 which I highly recommend.

Regarding your sig, EUIII should have a map of Westeroos for us fans to play a "A Game of Thrones". ;)

Modding the map to that extent would be a nightmare. Besides, it's more of a CK game.

jordarkelf said:
The recent website restructuring seems to have killed all the images in the AAR.
Should be fixed. Let me know if it isn't. :)

Now that public AARs will start to be posted to this forum, I have merged the comments thread for this AAR with the original AAR thread, as well as unstickied it.

Let the fun begin. :)

This has been a brilliant AAR and a good tutorial lesson.

After reading this and playing the demo I went for a stroll to my local Game store today to reserve my copy of the CE of Europa Universalis III.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to take Friday off on such a short notice, but it's only a few days now, so I'll be patient.

Keep up the good work MrT and I can't wait to see another AAR from you.

MrT said:
Should be fixed. Let me know if it isn't. :)

Actually, I was referred from the Flash of Steel website, only to discover the screenshots are indeed still missing. As a COMPLETE NOOB to EUIII, is there any way these screenshots could be restored? I believe this AAR would be very helpful to me. Thanks in advance.