• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

This thread is more than 5 months old.

It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose. If you feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.

Oct 27, 2002
Visit site
wilcoxchar said:
Sorry if this is obviuos, but where are these movies you speak of?
I guess, here.

unmerged(514)

MM Dev Team
Dec 4, 2000
Visit site
MrT said:
The colonial Switzerland was played by a human on easy difficulty level so that pretty much disrupted the situation there. I don't recall ever having seen an AI-controlled Switzerland doing any colonisation, although the situation in Europe late in the game can be somewhat variable in a game started in 1453. There are so many possible variables that can have a butterfly effect that this isn't all that surprising.

Yes, I can understand that. Honestly I am itching for trying some offhand games, just to check the credibility of the results. By credibility I don't mean historicity. Spain conquering Portugal is totally "credible". Spain conquering Russia, Turkey or Norway it is not.

By the end game is it normal the usual suspects colonize the new world, more or less at the right spots? (North America for UK and France, Caribean for UK and Spain and South America for Portugal and Spain). Does each country AI still have specific areas of interest or provincies they go after like in EU2?

unmerged(59737)

Strategos ton Exkoubitores
Aug 9, 2006
Interesting obscure tidbit: the name of this AAR was also the official name of a theme in The Rivers Run Red, a MrT AAR from 2002-03 which I highly recommend.

unmerged(59737)

Strategos ton Exkoubitores
Aug 9, 2006
Modding the map to that extent would be a nightmare. Besides, it's more of a CK game.

unmerged(514)

MM Dev Team
Dec 4, 2000
Visit site
Fulcrumvale said:
Modding the map to that extent would be a nightmare. Besides, it's more of a CK game.

I know, I know but one can dream...

Well don't want to hijack the thread... Let's continue to pay tribute to the ambition of a certain lucky Friederich. ;)

unmerged(6777)

Field Marshal
Dec 10, 2001
jordarkelf said:
The recent website restructuring seems to have killed all the images in the AAR.
Should be fixed. Let me know if it isn't. :)

unmerged(6777)

Field Marshal
Dec 10, 2001
Now that public AARs will start to be posted to this forum, I have merged the comments thread for this AAR with the original AAR thread, as well as unstickied it.

Let the fun begin. :)

unmerged(66313)

Second Lieutenant
Jan 31, 2007
This has been a brilliant AAR and a good tutorial lesson.

After reading this and playing the demo I went for a stroll to my local Game store today to reserve my copy of the CE of Europa Universalis III.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to take Friday off on such a short notice, but it's only a few days now, so I'll be patient.

Keep up the good work MrT and I can't wait to see another AAR from you.

The Great Duck

Eternal leader of all Ducks
Dec 13, 2006
I looked into lists of advisors,but I cant find Alexander Arnim.
PS.MrT,Gilles Binchois was a composer,not a painter.

EgonB

Corporal
4 Badges
Jun 6, 2006
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
Do you plan doing a postrelease AAR as well, MrT? I greatly enjoyed this one, and it also offered helpful information on the mechanics of the game.

Buatha

Recruit
29 Badges
Feb 15, 2007
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Ancient Space
  • Stellaris
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Pirates of Black Cove
  • Magicka
  • Lead and Gold
  • Europa Universalis III
MrT said:
Should be fixed. Let me know if it isn't. :)

Actually, I was referred from the Flash of Steel website, only to discover the screenshots are indeed still missing. As a COMPLETE NOOB to EUIII, is there any way these screenshots could be restored? I believe this AAR would be very helpful to me. Thanks in advance.