• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I stand corrected. I didn't remember the ESE bonus which is what influences speed.
ESE also influencing speed is new to me (or I have plainly forgotten) but seems a logical and obvious explanation since it is basically an expression of infrastructure and logistics.

For ESE we have a nice in-game explanation and a tool-tip showing the full formula when hovering over a unit's ESE. Unfortunately not so for the speed of a unit.

I knew that speed calculation is influenced by unit's speed and brigades, region type, weather, combat and transport capacity (TC) or rather lowered when exceeding TC-load and it seems also by ESE. This adds up to a quite complex calculation of speed.

Does anybody know the complete calculation formula for speed?

I am asking rather out of curiousity. Too complex to make it worthwhile really calculating in advance but interesting to have in the back of the head for general strategic decision like research and what units to massproduce in dependence of the abilities of a country concerning IC, TC, infra and region types to fight or move in. While one could make the assessment that it is (for a game) overcomplicated, I rather like it this way and always reminds me about the saying:
"Amateurs talk about strategy, dilettantes talk about tactics, and professionals talk about logistics."
Or as one Wehrmacht officer put it (forgot who it was):
"It takes a decent officer to command a panzer-division, but a genius to supply it."

• 2Like
Reactions:
Leader Trait: Fortress Buster
"Reduces the efficiency of forts by 25%."

I am not sure how or rather where to put those 25% reduction.
Could anybody, please, give me a calculating example for let's say 6 forts attacked with and without fortress buster?

In full DH, is Tallinn supposed to be part of RK Ostland when the puppet is created after Bitter Peace?
What file can I look at to find this out?

Is there a hotkey or convenient way to do mass disbands or mass upgrade selections? For example, if you click a INF division, you have the option to "upgrade" them into a MOT division over time. Is there a way to do that without clicking into all the individual units?

In full DH, is Tallinn supposed to be part of RK Ostland when the puppet is created after Bitter Peace?
What file can I look at to find this out?

Is there a hotkey or convenient way to do mass disbands or mass upgrade selections? For example, if you click a INF division, you have the option to "upgrade" them into a MOT division over time. Is there a way to do that without clicking into all the individual units?
revolt.txt

Individual units.

revolt.txt
Thanks.

The province 270, a minimum for U40, was under rebel control when it fired and Germany owns it now after the event.

A few probably nonessential provinces in ukraine were also under rebel control, but they automatically went to the new ukraine RK puppet state and the rebels just disappeared and the territory reverted to state control.

What may account for this difference in event resolution?

Individual units.
That's disappointing.

Thanks.

The province 270, a minimum for U40, was under rebel control when it fired and Germany owns it now after the event.

A few probably nonessential provinces in ukraine were also under rebel control, but they automatically went to the new ukraine RK puppet state and the rebels just disappeared and the territory reverted to state control.

What may account for this difference in event resolution?
Country have cores, RKs have claims IIRC.

What are the different events, requirements, and results of UK surrendering to Germany?

The only event to fire so far was the England surrenders event, which offers 4 poor options all of which I found unacceptable. 3 of them, and the files I've been looking in, imply there are other events that could be a deal with the UK as a whole that can occur but it isn't clear. The 3 puppet options say that negotiated peace with the UK won't happen; and the last gives me, the winner, a 10% dissent hit for refusing these other trash options. For context, taking the deal would create non-UK puppet states out of the British Isles and cause the breakaway of territories later to other countries.

An odd question. I'm playing a German '33 campaign and I'm a month away from Barbarossa but the event to puppet Romania has disappeared and I dont want to attack the USSR from an non puppeteer Romania. Does anyone happen to know the event code for it or be able to point me in the direction to find it? Thank you.

How exactly do these lines work ?
Code:
# CHANCE TO GET TERRAIN TRAIT
# CHANCE TO GET EVENT TRAIT

1. what does chance = 2400 mean?
  2. If I want to increase the chances of this happening, which way do the numbers need to be adjusted ?

Reactions:
How exactly do these lines work ?
Code:
# CHANCE TO GET TERRAIN TRAIT
# CHANCE TO GET EVENT TRAIT

1. what does chance = 2400 mean?
  2. If I want to increase the chances of this happening, which way do the numbers need to be adjusted ?
IIRC the first would mean 1 : 2400 (1/2400) chance to get a terrain trait, checked every game hour while in combat. That "theory" could be easily tested by setting the value to 1 (meaning that the trait should be gained on the first hour).

• 3Like
Reactions:
Why Germany have an organization of 52 and URSS 71? should be the contrary! And why it's almost impossible to build armoured division before the 1940 while the WW2 was the "war of Armours"? these are two incredible bugs i think..

Why Germany have an organization of 52 and URSS 71? should be the contrary! And why it's almost impossible to build armoured division before the 1940 while the WW2 was the "war of Armours"? these are two incredible bugs i think..
This thread is not for bug report, but what you mention are not bugs at all:
1) what you see is a number called Nominal Organization, but what matters is Effective Organization which takes into account GDE (Ground Defense Efficiency) which is where Germany is much better. For this reason, the Effective Organization of Germany is actually superior compared to USSR.
2) It's quite possible, but it depends on researching the correct doctrines. In fact both Germany and Soviet Union can research the doctrine and build Armored Division as early as 1937. This is historical.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Is there a peace event between china and japan if I throw japan out of manchuria etc ? Or does the war continue until I've conquered their island ?
Yes, there's an event for a peace. IIRC beside annexing MAN and MEN you need to conquer KOR too.

• 1Like
Reactions: