• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The rules are:
1) doesn't matter which armies are present, if an attack starts from the province of country A, then the owner of new provinces is country A;
2) however if country A is puppet of country B, then the province goes to country B, unless country A has a core in that province (can't remember what happens if both A and B have a core on a province that A occupies);
If you make an amphibious landing starting from your province, then naturally you would gain control of the occupied province. From this province, under your control, you can land your armies and start occupying the rest of the country. So you would only need 1 amph landing and then lots of naval transport.

There is also the possibility of making claims and then if your ally doesn't have core/claims there and your relations are very good, then they will probably give you the provinces (over a certain period of time, it's not immediate).

I made it work it to my advantage, disembarking in Crimea and cutting off the advance of my allied Germany and Ottomans, thus they passed through my land conquering new provinces for me.
Now Germany is giving me many provinces I claimed in advance. (Also Ascension which I never claimed(?)). :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Question:
How can I record a game? And watch it?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
It's very hard to find information about iron cross nowadays, but after finding my old gamersgate account I was able to dust off iron cross. And I was wondering if there's any dh features that I do not get with installing iron cross upon dh? Does it just add stuff? Or does it take away anything? I find it hard to see what's changing. That goes for aod as well, or even regular hoi2. If anyone can enlighten me that would be most welcome.

It's very hard to find information about iron cross nowadays, but after finding my old gamersgate account I was able to dust off iron cross. And I was wondering if there's any dh features that I do not get with installing iron cross upon dh? Does it just add stuff? Or does it take away anything? I find it hard to see what's changing. That goes for aod as well, or even regular hoi2. If anyone can enlighten me that would be most welcome.
Try the IC forum ? IC forum

Question:
Does re-using old save files mess up the game?
For example saving multiple germany games over one file, then switching to USA games on the same file that used to be for Germany.

Question:
Does re-using old save files mess up the game?
For example saving multiple germany games over one file, then switching to USA games on the same file that used to be for Germany.
Well, overwriting is not a problem ...You may save under the same save name...as much as you like!
And it doesn't hurt either if you switch countries!

Two questions:
1) How do I change the bonus/non-bonus readout in the settings for policy changes? The way it displays to me is confusing

2) How much time does the gearing bonus take off of production times?

Well what can I check out to see how that works and how to get more? Because the gains look to be negligible even if things are going well, and are negative to base when they aren't.
IIRC there are a few options in Misc.txt
You lose exp because the losses are too high, the experienced soldiers die and are replaced by new soldiers without experience.

IIRC there are a few options in Misc.txt
You lose exp because the losses are too high, the experienced soldiers die and are replaced by new soldiers without experience.
I understand that's what it's representing. I'm trying to find out more on how to build it faster than it's lost.
Thanks.

Leader trait "Logistics Wizard":
"Reduces fuel and supply consumption of non-moving units commanded by a leader with this trait (by -25%)."

Am I wrong to recall that logistics also made units move faster?
And if that is the case, does anybody know by what percentage?

Leader trait "Logistics Wizard":
"Reduces fuel and supply consumption of non-moving units commanded by a leader with this trait (by -25%)."

Am I wrong to recall that logistics also made units move faster?
And if that is the case, does anybody know by what percentage?
No, I believe what you're referring to is the Offensive which increases supply and fuel consumptions but increases ESE which affects movement.

Well, seems nobody knows for sure, so I'll post at least what I know:

The (too) simple description of the leader trait "Logistics Wizard" states:
1) "Reduces fuel and supply consumption of non-moving units commanded by a leader with this trait (by -25%)."

2) +10% ESE
Additionally to this, a leader with the logistics-trait also raises the effective supply efficiency (ESE) for all units under his command by 10%. This effect is valid while non-moving, moving and in battle. Especially in low-infra-regions or in regions vastly destroyed by battles, this is extremely helpful since it helps a lot regaining organisation. In battle the raised ESE serves like a 5% battle-bonus (because ESE is part of the battle-calculation). The 10% ESE bonus is fully cumulative with the ESE bonus of an HQ and is added identically.

3) Speedbonus
Either as an effect of the ESE-bonus or as an additional third bonus, speed is enhanced. I don't know by how much but I've tested it several times and it is obvious.

Reactions: