• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It depends on the naval unit and can be set when you start each naval mission (same for air missions).

Was the organisation or strength of your fleet over 50% for each ship? What did you set your sliders to after clicking "Amphibious Assault" on that province?

Hm,
okay it worked now even with <100% orga.

I've set the mission from only day to dya and night (both). Maybe this was the issue :D

Both sliders were all the time at 50%.

Are the sliders for the ships or the troops?

Is there a way to retreat from a battle to transport ships?

I made a naval invasion with 5 marine divisions to a province that was surounded by enemy land. Then my beachhead got attacked and after a few weeks of fighting I lost the battle.
Immediately I got message that all 5 marine division were destroyed ("completely annihilated").

During the fight I could not load the units on my transports (that were in the harbour of my beachhead province). The button told me there were not enough transports in this port to load the divisions. There certainly were, namely the transports my troops came with.

Was this a bug or intentional?

Might be possible if the fleet is in the sea zone rather than the harbour. Have an experiment with an old save and try it out.

How do I detach a brigade from a division? I can't seem to find the button.

v37KCAX.png

Not sure what's going on, but there should be a B- at the bottom which is enabled are you click on the checkbox to the right of the brigade you want to remove.
I think there are some limitations (like the unit must be in supply for example), but I'm not sure. You might try checking the manual. Also, no idea if the KR mod changes anything about this.

I Declared war to Carlist Spain as Italian Federation, attacking from the Pyrenees.
My allies Germany and Kingdom of France have followed my armies calling motorized units from other distant theaters, they are taking the Provinces instead of me:I
I have not a single Spanish province, although I claimed Spain, I declared war, and I began the war with my armies.
How can I conquer Spain now?
How can I avoid the same problem in further conquests and future games I will play?
Shall I leave the alliance before declaring war? To join it back again later?

I Declared war to Carlist Spain as Italian Federation, attacking from the Pyrenees.
My allies Germany and Kingdom of France have followed my armies calling motorized units from other distant theaters, they are taking the Provinces instead of me:I
I have not a single Spanish province, although I claimed Spain, I declared war, and I began the war with my armies.
How can I conquer Spain now?
How can I avoid the same problem in further conquests and future games I will play?
Shall I leave the alliance before declaring war? To join it back again later?
If you attack from THEIR provinces, the provinces will be given to them.
So you can either attack from your provinces or from amphibious landings (so the attacked provinces go to you) OR, much simpler, you can the provinces from your allies at the end of the war.

If you attack from THEIR provinces, the provinces will be given to them.
So you can either attack from your provinces or from amphibious landings (so the attacked provinces go to you) OR, much simpler, you can the provinces from your allies at the end of the war.

I attacked from France, yet Germany is taking provinces instead of me, not only France. And the game stopped giving provinces to me also attacking from Italy conquering France, by the way.
It's not written in the game this difference from amphimious attacks, I guess that they might get provinces also attacking from the Sea.

I attacked from France, yet Germany is taking provinces instead of me, not only France. And the game stopped giving provinces to me also attacking from Italy conquering France, by the way.
It's not written in the game this difference from amphimious attacks, I guess that they might get provinces also attacking from the Sea.
If France is a puppet of Germany, then France it's automatically giving conquered provinces to its master (if they don't have cores on them).

If France is a puppet of Germany, then France it's automatically giving conquered provinces to its master (if they don't have cores on them).

Kingdom of France (German puppet) annexed Carlist Spain (although France didn't send any unit). Then released Carlist Spain as puppet, gifting all my conquered provinces plus Vigo (the remaining province after annexion).
Now I have to go back before the declaration, because this is BS... I don't have enough amphibious force so I think to abandon the alliance. If not I will turn eastwards to Austria.
hdLQ7bc.png

Kingdom of France (German puppet) annexed Carlist Spain (although France didn't send any unit). Then released Carlist Spain as puppet, gifting all my conquered provinces plus Vigo (the remaining province after annexion). Now I have to go back before the declaration, because this is BS... I don't have enough amphibious force so I think to abandon the alliance. If not I will turn eastwards to Austria.
That's because you're using Kaiserreich. KR has tons of events that interfere with the game. If you want to change what KR does, then you should learn how to mod and change it. :)
There's no reason to use insults if you don't understand something. :)

Last edited:
That's because you're using Kaiserreich. KR has tons of events that interfere with the game. If you want to change what KR does, then you should learn how to mod and change it. :)
There's no reason to use insults if you don't understand something. :)
Yes, I'm playing KR now, sorry if I didn't tell it!
But it's not a problem of an event, this war was only after my initiative: it's a problem of the game itself, I don't know if that can be changed.

But it's not a problem of an event, this war was only after my initiative: it's a problem of the game itself, I don't know if that can be changed.

There is no system like in HOI4 for negotiation for who takes conquered territory post-war. It goes to who occupies the country unless their are cores or claims in that order. Soluation is to claim all the provinces you want to take before declaring war and they will be given to you unless an ally has competing claims or cores. You can also trade money or resources for the territories which should be cheap to buy if you have good relations and the territories aren't cores of the ally you are buying them from.

The rules are:
1) doesn't matter which armies are present, if an attack starts from the province of country A, then the owner of new provinces is country A;
2) however if country A is puppet of country B, then the province goes to country B, unless country A has a core in that province (can't remember what happens if both A and B have a core on a province that A occupies);
If you make an amphibious landing starting from your province, then naturally you would gain control of the occupied province. From this province, under your control, you can land your armies and start occupying the rest of the country. So you would only need 1 amph landing and then lots of naval transport.

There is also the possibility of making claims and then if your ally doesn't have core/claims there and your relations are very good, then they will probably give you the provinces (over a certain period of time, it's not immediate).
However in this case, in KR there's probably an event that forces the re-creation of Carlist Spain, before they can give the provinces to you. This is why I said that you can either modify this event or make your own event to change the situation.

EDIT: Czaristan was faster than me and he is right too.

I see, that makes sense, thank You.
This time I forgot to claim the provinces before declaring war.
I imagined that the rule was to give the province to the first who occupies it, but this could render the political map very chaotic.
What I dislike is the predominance of Germany, which takes all those provinces that I conquered, without giving them back to me or the puppet France.