• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So you have to DOW Austria and take Vienna to get Anschluss decision ? Now I have my army at Austria boundary and I don't get the decision.

So you have to DOW Austria and take Vienna to get Anschluss decision ? Now I have my army at Austria boundary and I don't get the decision.
Not necessarily. An event fires early 1938 (something about a coup in Austria - sorry cant remember the detail!) - and this allows you to use the Demand Territory choice from diplomatic screen which if successful fires the Anschluss. In my 3 games (all with different versions) the success chance ranged from 50-70% - but it was successful each time.
Tool tip in the latest patch is much more explicit - there is a third way as well which I cant remember at all .... :(

Not necessarily. An event fires early 1938 (something about a coup in Austria - sorry cant remember the detail!) - and this allows you to use the Demand Territory choice from diplomatic screen which if successful fires the Anschluss. In my 3 games (all with different versions) the success chance ranged from 50-70% - but it was successful each time.
Tool tip in the latest patch is much more explicit - there is a third way as well which I cant remember at all .... :(

I didn't get such an event !

Hello,
recently bought this game and love it so far.
One thing though, whenever I play Germany WWI scenario and later on when I topple Russia (send Lenin back and they have a Revolution), as the various White Armies (such as in-game Ufa, Volunteers and Archangelsk and Turkestan) appear, there is a high high high chance of crash. If not at the first oof these, then the next, etc.
Also in my games the Ufa Directory is where the Primorsky krai is, while I am pretty sure Ufa is in Bashkirtastan and closer to the Urals.
Finally the Siberian government has no flag.
Thanks,
Wisejimmy

Reactions:
Thank you very much Fernando Torres , I am very much keen on continuing my current scenario, so any chance of when it will be around?
Also,
I had an Ally, the Ottoman Empire, which took Crimea and Northern Caucasus. So as soon as the Brest Litovsk peace (i did the historical conditions) was in place, something strange and unfair happened.
The territories I occupied (such as Baltic states, Ukraine, etc.) I got through the Brest Litovsk, as per normal.
Austria-Hungary recieved Southern Poland and Moldovia, because it occupied those territories, however our ally the Ottomans, who occupied and helped in Crimea and Northern Caucasus got nothing, while Crimea remained a Soviet enclave (literally 4 provinces in the middle of German Ukraine) and Georgia and Azerbaijan got independence, but not a pro-Ottoman indepenedce, but rather a neutral-hostile independence.
A suggestion:
-If the eastern White movement (i.e. Ufa, Primorsk and Siberia) flare up separately (as they did), but then have an event Kolchak - i.e. a uniting of them all under Kolchak (which is historically accurate).
-Perhaps at least have heads of state of each of the white movements present (i.e. Udenich, Denikin, Wrangel, Kolchak, Bokeihkhanov, Baitursinov, etc.)
-Czech legion? Is there one?

EDIT:
Also in my scenario (i tried it twice), as soon as Finland got independence it was immediately claimed (demand territory) by the Soviet Union and accepted, leaving Finland with nothing but Petsamo (I think, that is what it is called, a territory bordering Norway in the north)
sorry to bombard you with questions like this, but I really think that Russian Civil war is an unprecedented awesome part of history which could be made into a really enjoyable part of Hearts of Iron and Darkest Hour in particular(well since HoI doesn't include the timeframe).

Last edited:
I'm outta manpower no matter what I do - i can't green tick the event to Reform Military Service because I can't satisfy "Regime Espouses Democracy".

My 'Democratic/Authoritarion' policy slider is full to the right -> Authoritarion and it says i'm a dictatorship, so what gives?

I can't progress further in the game without some help.

This one could be added.

I can't build tanks!

If you haven't researched Armored Division Formation Doctrine in the land doctrine tree, you can build only armoured brigades, no matter how many tank techs have you researched.

Hi everyone!!

I've been a big fan of HOI since the first one, but lately my PC broke down and I bought a Mac (easier for my work)

I saw that HOI 2 and 3 are available on Mac, do you have any idea if Darkest Hour will follow?

Thanls for your answer, i hope i'll be playing soon (or not?)

Hi everyone!!

I've been a big fan of HOI since the first one, but lately my PC broke down and I bought a Mac (easier for my work)

I saw that HOI 2 and 3 are available on Mac, do you have any idea if Darkest Hour will follow?

Thanls for your answer, i hope i'll be playing soon (or not?)

No, there are no plans to port Darkest Hour to OS X. At least this won't come from our team.

Someone told me this advice I gave them should be added, so I'll suggest (obviously, reword it):

Just for future reference, all Steam does is place the equivalent of what we would see in Program Files into a Common folder under the user account. I recommend just moving the game to where you keep other games in the Paradox folder in Program Files and creating a shortcut to the .exe, that way you don't have to run it through Steam.

Hi guys I'm warping (using too many cheats) through my first game. I've done all the tech development for Rocket Artillery & SP RA but it doesn't appear as a brgade attachment. There is a slightly confusing appearance of SP AA next to SP FA but the "icon" and effects on divisional stats are definitely AA. I love exploring the game <<< thanks !

Take care,
enjoy!

Oops ... I'd forgot to enter my KEY so I didn't 'see' the bugreports above. I've not looked long but didn't see this issue.

Last edited: