• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

Max Cavalier

Corporal
4 Badges
Jul 14, 2016
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
The rules are:
1) doesn't matter which armies are present, if an attack starts from the province of country A, then the owner of new provinces is country A;
2) however if country A is puppet of country B, then the province goes to country B, unless country A has a core in that province (can't remember what happens if both A and B have a core on a province that A occupies);
If you make an amphibious landing starting from your province, then naturally you would gain control of the occupied province. From this province, under your control, you can land your armies and start occupying the rest of the country. So you would only need 1 amph landing and then lots of naval transport.

There is also the possibility of making claims and then if your ally doesn't have core/claims there and your relations are very good, then they will probably give you the provinces (over a certain period of time, it's not immediate).
I made it work it to my advantage, disembarking in Crimea and cutting off the advance of my allied Germany and Ottomans, thus they passed through my land conquering new provinces for me.
Now Germany is giving me many provinces I claimed in advance. (Also Ascension which I never claimed(?)). :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Question:
How can I record a game? And watch it?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

GeneralUrist

First Lieutenant
17 Badges
Aug 15, 2013
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
Question (if this thread is still alive): How do I stop Japan or the UK from Trading for oil with neutral countries? Is it at all possible?

Alojzius Pend.

Sergeant
33 Badges
Apr 8, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • For the Motherland
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • March of the Eagles
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
Sorry for the question but what is the end date of the game if I start 1933 scenario without any mods?