• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes. Current game settings are saved next to every saved game file in a .cfg file ("Mods\Darkest Hour Full\scenarios\save games" for Darkest Hour Full games) and are re-applied when you load that saved game.
These settings are also saved to "config.eu" (located in every mod's main folder) and are loaded on a new game start.

Reactions:
What is the difference between "End Year" and "Retirement Year" in the leader- or minister files?
Won't there be a problem, when leader or minister end/retire in 1970 but a game continues to e.g. 1990? Am I out of leader/minister then?

Last edited:
"End Year" is checked on scenario start and on country creation during ongoing game (leaders with expired end year will not be loaded for the country).
"Retirement Year" is checked on January 1st every game year and leaders which year expires are "retired" automatically.

Retirement year could be later then the end year for a leader.

"End Year" is checked on scenario start and on country creation during ongoing game (leaders with expired end year will not be loaded for the country).
"Retirement Year" is checked on January 1st every game year and leaders which year expires are "retired" automatically.

Retirement year could be later then the end year for a leader.

Thank you, that helped a lot.

This is a change in 1.04 meant to solve some exploits and issues (like losing all org while moving to another province), but also to make the whole system more tweak-able as a lot of (new) modifiers are now exported to misc.txt.
If you want the old system, you can switch back to it by changing this modifier (\Mods\Darkest Hour Full\db\misc.txt) back to 0:
Code:
# ORG regain [all] - Enable new ORG regain logic. Following ORG regain modifiers are used only when this is enabled: 0 - disabled (old logic used), 1 - enabled
    1 #0

If you want only land units out of supply to lose organisation, then you can change only this line to -0.05 or whatever negative value you like:
Code:
# ORG regain [army] - Out of supplies modifier. Used when out of supplies. Used as Multiplier when greater or equal to 0.0. Used as flat hourly ORG loss when negative
    0.6 #-0.05

Reactions:
Darkest Hour refuses to work on my Windows 7 64 bit machine. I have uninstalled, re-installed, and followed all of the instructions given through the menagerie of tutorials and it simply does not work anymore.

Roger. Yes that's what I was thinking. Ok one more question from me.
I am doing a campaign on slow speed and saving often. I have noticed some problems with saving and quitting during combat. Causing it to break off when you load up again to continue a session. My questions are.
1. what can I do to medicate that problem?
2. any other problems that can happen with quitting and loading often?

"not quitting that often" isn't really a good solution as I am playing a slow, slow game. I've done 14 sessions and I've advanced 5 months. It's for a realtime AAR.
"Not quitting while in combat" works for my troops., but there are always battles being waged. (Finland, japan, etc) that might also screw up the momentum of for example Blitzkrieg for an AI.

thanks again for you guys' ever quick and helpful replies.

Hi, when playing as the USA in Day of Decision I nearly always get a Second Wall Street Crash at some point, I'l like to know what causes it because I can't play the USA if I keep getting a Second Wall Street Crash at some point from 1936-39. I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but I'd like to know how to avoid it. Is there any way I can avoid this event?

Does building units or having a lot of money have anything to do with it?

Does building units or having a lot of money have anything to do with it?

No. The event is part of a long chain and - in my opinion, the early you get it - the better.
Here's the event (Darkest Hour Full\db\events\DayofDecision.txt):
Code:
# Second Wall Street Crash
event = {
    id = 2049102
    random = no
    country = USA

trigger = {
        event = 2049094 # Industrial production back to 1928 levels
        atwar = no
        OR = { random = 50 AND = { year = 1939 random = 80 } }
        }

date = { day = 0 month = january year = 1933 }
    offset = 15
    deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1963 }

name = "2049102name"
    desc = "2049102desc"
    style = 2
    picture = "issue_currency"

action = {
        name = "ACTION_NAME_DAMN"
        command = { type = industrial_modifier which = total value = -5 }
        command = { trigger = { ai = no } type = dissent value = 10 }
        command = { trigger = { ai = no } type = money value = -1000 }
    }
}

In the game rockets can be launched only from airfields.
Can i redeploy and rocket to an ally airfield? and over a country with military access? thanks

another one. the paratroopers have special modifer for go out of supply penalityl, i dont find it in misc file.

Last edited:
No. The event is part of a long chain and - in my opinion, the early you get it - the better.
Here's the event (Darkest Hour Full\db\events\DayofDecision.txt):
Code:
# Second Wall Street Crash
event = {
    id = 2049102
    random = no
    country = USA

trigger = {
        event = 2049094 # Industrial production back to 1928 levels
        atwar = no
        OR = { random = 50 AND = { year = 1939 random = 80 } }
        }

date = { day = 0 month = january year = 1933 }
    offset = 15
    deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1963 }

name = "2049102name"
    desc = "2049102desc"
    style = 2
    picture = "issue_currency"

action = {
        name = "ACTION_NAME_DAMN"
        command = { type = industrial_modifier which = total value = -5 }
        command = { trigger = { ai = no } type = dissent value = 10 }
        command = { trigger = { ai = no } type = money value = -1000 }
    }
}
So basically the event is meant to happen regardless of what you do?