• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm playing as the Soviet Union in Platinum, how come when Germany started Barbarossa they didn't have an air force? I expected them to have a giant air force but I have complete control of the skies...?

When I try to start a game, it loads almost to the end and has an error.

My checksum is UCGS. I think that maybe I did the install order incorrectly or something?

HOI2:DD then HOI2:DD patch 1.3a then HOI2:A then HOI2:A 1.2 patch then HOI2:A 1.3 beta 2 patch then WiF platinum graphics then the 204 MB WiF Titanium beta release.

I'm reading beta reports and they say that they also installed a hotfix. Am I missing the hotfix, or are those reports from old versions?

Does the AI cheat? I was playing as the UK, when I went to war with Italy I had every advantage...I had 39' infantry, modern medium tanks and marines complete with a HQ...Italy had a outdated HQ, 36' infantry, even some 18' infantry. On top of that I had complete air superiority, with both fighters and bombers...what did I do wrong? I attacked right away so it wasn't like they had a chance to dig in either...?

Does the AI cheat? I was playing as the UK, when I went to war with Italy I had every advantage...I had 39' infantry, modern medium tanks and marines complete with a HQ...Italy had a outdated HQ, 36' infantry, even some 18' infantry. On top of that I had complete air superiority, with both fighters and bombers...what did I do wrong? I attacked right away so it wasn't like they had a chance to dig in either...?

usually the pitfalls in WIF are:

(1) exceeding your command limit per province

remember that divisions are almost useless if they exceed the command limit, the defending side don't need to worry about this though.

How to avoid:

attack from multiple province if enemy presence is strong.

let's say if you have stacked up 25 divisions to attack, with a General + HQ, you should have 18 command limit, (general 9, HQ x2), you'd like to only attack with 18 divisions despite you got 25, the 7 left behind should be "replacing" divisions that are depleted of morale(manually retreat those), it's the most effective way of fighting large scale engagements.

(2) Not using airforces

airforces are magical in reducing enemy org(1 division can beat 3 if supported by airforce), use ground support not ground attack. Navy could also be nice for a slight bonus.

(3) too concentrate your attack on a point

the AI is smart unlike the vanilla AI which just sits for you to encircle(or that HOI3 AI...in HOI3 you don't need armour for encirclements), it's not build up a mega stack and crush everything in your path. It's rare that you'll be able to have breakthroughs everywhere in the frontlines, some are false attacks to deceive the AI.

I installed the platinum version of WiF for Armageddon fine, but I want to know why is the max organization of land units so low in every campaign, both yours and the enemies. I loaded the 1944 camapign as Germany and every unit even the enemies had a max organization of about 32 or so. Is this normal? :confused:

PS: Does this mod improve the non 1936 campaigns like Gotterdammerung 1944 or Awakening the Giant 1941 in any way? be it the AI or whatever?

Thanks.

See here all of these advanced units have low max organization, why is that, is this normal?

proba2.jpg

This is the situation at the beginning of a battle, the Soviets also have low max organization.

probb2.jpg

I already re installed it a couple of times just as required.

I'm pretty sure this isn't Platinum version.
Check you have downloaded the adequate version (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=424143) and installed it properly.
I have no idea what could cause this.

This is platinum.

It looks different in the screenshot because I changed some of the GFX files off WiF 1.0 because I liked those better.

BUT

this problem still existed with ALL original Platinum files BEFORE I changed the GFX. And I downloaded all appropriate platinum files for Armageddon 1.2