• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Awesome! I think i'll go put in my order now.

how do you find the game overall? and how's the Switch port?

If you don't mind the downscaled graphics, the port holds up pretty well and is enjoyable.
I have kids, which they hog pretty much every TV in the household, hence I went with the Switch port (portable play) lol.
It runs well in portable mode, on the big screen you can see the downgraded graphics, but that is not much of an issue (for me anyway). In docked mode it also runs well. There is an issue with crops not showing up as they grow, as well as hang time in the Tech tree tab - when opening it up (this is on the Xbox version too I read), but they did mention they are looking into it. They have mentioned they will upscale the graphics to make it prettier over time.

To be honest, when it first came out, I would not have recommened it as it crashed pretty much every 30 minutes like clock work. However, they have seemed to fix this issue so that is good.

If you are going to play portable, I highly recommend this game on the Switch (obviously). Also, I would try to find a physical version, as it is cheaper (well physical is cheaper then digital here) then the eShop and if you get the Day One physical edition, it comes with DLC (founders day DLC).

• 1Like
Reactions:
If you don't mind the downscaled graphics, the port holds up pretty well and is enjoyable.
I have kids, which they hog pretty much every TV in the household, hence I went with the Switch port (portable play) lol.
It runs well in portable mode, on the big screen you can see the downgraded graphics, but that is not much of an issue (for me anyway). In docked mode it also runs well. There is an issue with crops not showing up as they grow, as well as hang time in the Tech tree tab - when opening it up (this is on the Xbox version too I read), but they did mention they are looking into it. They have mentioned they will upscale the graphics to make it prettier over time.

To be honest, when it first came out, I would not have recommened it as it crashed pretty much every 30 minutes like clock work. However, they have seemed to fix this issue so that is good.

If you are going to play portable, I highly recommend this game on the Switch (obviously). Also, I would try to find a physical version, as it is cheaper (well physical is cheaper then digital here) then the eShop and if you get the Day One physical edition, it comes with DLC (founders day DLC).
Thanks, you've convinced me to order the game :) . Yes, I value portability highly. I have a Switch and decent PC for gaming, but it's not comfortable for me to sit infront of the same PC all day as I also work from home currently. Glad to hear the devs are continually fixing and patching this. Hope the Switch gets some more patches to fix the issues you highlighted and imporve the visuals. And I always have the option to double dip if i like the game and pick it up on PC later.