• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As long as the third letter of his name isn't "7" I am fine.

forget to tell you, trek, she'll make old Bond look like a wimp. :p

Ok. Well, you don't exactly have it on the first run. At least I only died 21 times - my first run on normal was about 25/26, with later runs being much less. :D

Errrmmm, Colossus, after the first run I could always limit my death count to 2~3 without using the handcannon. But wtrangely enough, I always die at least once in the laser chamber. :eek:o

Eh, I've only done 2 extra runs on normal (one a TMP/Semi-Auto, with Handcannon later), and no more on Pro. You've got more practice. :D

For some reason I tend to get hit by a boulder and get stuck once or twice in the knife fight sequence. :(

But it's not a competition, just a side conversation during this awesome story. :)

Eh, I've only done 2 extra runs on normal (one a TMP/Semi-Auto, with Handcannon later), and no more on Pro. You've got more practice. :D

For some reason I tend to get hit by a boulder and get stuck once or twice in the knife fight sequence. :(

But it's not a competition, just a side conversation during this awesome story. :)

I always fight with every gun I have in my inventory. :p But mostly the typewriter suits me well.

Somehow I think that the RE4 storyline can be narrowed into three things: rescue the girl, kill the bad guys, and save the world. :p Should I write something like that in this AAR?

Ok, folks, there should be something special coming on July 14th. Be ready for that. :D

And wow, I've got 30,000 views now. ;)

Last edited:
Ok, folks, there should be something special coming on July 14th. Be ready for that. :D

Having France massacred on that day by the Huns and the Tommies would be nice.:D

OK, so I got bored, plus we have the July 14th. I actually wanted to write this a looooooong time ago but I didn't find it suitable until now. So this is one of the scenes I have for my future AAR of the same series as my current ones, set in 2025. This will also be part I of a my July 14th special update. If you want to ask when will part II be coming? Well I don't know either.

Anyways we move on to the update. ;)

Les Flammes des Ténèbres: Les Chevaliers du Ciel

Fanion-et-grenades3.jpg

Fanion et grenades - the emblem of the Legion​

Avenue des Champs-Élysées, Paris, July 14th, 2025

A young man in his mid-twenties was amongst the crowd. His black hair and tan skin gave him the appearance of an Arabian horse. He was dressed formally in a military uniform, one that of a Legionnaire.

The young man knew the girl well. She was sixteen years old. Although her mind is still much of a little girl’s, her body was of the polar opposite. Her hair was of light brown and her face is white. All was made perfect with her cherry-coloured lips. She was dressed beautifully but also cutely in a laced white blouse and pink dress.

“Sera, I’m sorry did you wait for me for a long time?” The girl asked the young man Sera embarrassingly. Sera looked back at the girl, but his eyes could not meet those of the girl’s.

“You cannot see, right? Hold on to my hand, Fina.” The young man reached out his hand and grasped the girl’s. Fina immediately blushed, but then let out a sweet smile as she opened her mouth.

“Thank you. You’re always so kind to me, Sera.”

“Is that so…” mumbled Sera to himself. Fina’s small hand felt so soft and warm in his own.

The two of them navigated their way through the crowd. It was not long before they arrived at some area deliberately separated from the crowd.

“Capitaine Chahine and Tireur reporting for duty,” said Sera to one of the guards that were in the area.

The two of them were lead by the guard and brought before a seated man perhaps in his fifties. The man was well He must be the General that they have been ordered to meet.

“So you two are the two test pilots I’ve heard of… ” spoke the General as he examined the two Capitaines brought in front of him. His voice was rough if not imitating. The General examined Fina first, and almost immediately showed signs of distaste for reasons more than Fina was a woman.

The general turned away from Fina, and focused his eyes of a falcon onto Sera.

“It appears that you’re an Iraqi, and you’ve been involved in that conflict…” spoke the General again.

“Yes, that is true,” replied Sera.

“Very well, now that I’ve met you two. I’ve no orders for the two of you at this moment. You two might as well just enjoy the show we have now with me, ” said the General. He then turned his look away and focused back on what were rumbling by.

A train of Rommel tanks was rolling by. The 140 mm cannon and 30 mm secondary of the tanks were raised high, proudly pointing towards the sky.

NGR_Panther_MBT-1.gif

(Well, I think Rommel is a nice name. :p)​

Suddenly, the distinct sound of jet engines can be heard coming from above. Coming first to view were the EADS Mako Heats of the Patrouille Acrobatique de France, displaying the usual Tricolor with pride. Rafales mk2s, accompanied by Su-37s were flying pass the sky. Some older Mirage 2000 mk3s, followed closely with as much pride as their successors.

Patrouille-de-france-virage-tricolo.jpg

(The usual. :p)

F2C601-1.jpg

(My Rafale will be different than the one in OTL. :cool:)

Su-37-000.jpg

(I'm actually also a big fan of Sukhois. :p)

Mirage2000From4oClock.jpg

(Old favourite. :p)​

What was not expected before then came in view. Four Typhoons, bearing RAF markings were flying pass the crowd. They were then immediately followed by four F-22 Raptors, marked with the American Star dashed through the sky in a fine diamond formation.

9-mar-04-083.jpg

(Not as sexy as the Rafale. :p)

800px-Lockheed_Martin_F-22A_Raptor_.jpg

(Same as Typhoon. :p)​

Aside from the usual European Union Armed Forces, it appeared that the Americans and British, and other members of NATO were also invited. Their respect delegations were visibly seated not far away from where the Sera and all were.

“The American Eagle and the British Hawk, ehhh…” smirked the General.

Suddenly, a soldier, possibly a Lieutenant and personal aide of the General, came running madly to the General’s side.

“Mon General! We are under attack!” The Lieutenant whispered loudly beside the General. The volume was enough to startle those who were nearby, including Sera and Fina. Perhaps the Lieutenant was just too nervous to properly bring his voice down.
“… What do you mean there’s an attack?” asked the General with a confused face.

“Mo… Mon General, we have just detected the launch of SLBMs from the North Sea, sixteen of them in total. They are confirmed to be of the Trident III type.”

Trident_II_missile_image.jpg

(This is the Trident II, use your imagination for an improved type III. :p)​

“Tridents? You mean those damn Brits and Yanks fired their nukes at us? Where are the missiles heading?”

“He… here, Mon General. Right here where we stand. Judging by their current trajectory, all the missiles are heading for Paris,” replied the Lieutenant. His face was as pale as a sheet of paper when he finished his words.

“Holy Jesus… those bastards… launching a nuclear strike at Paris on our Fête Nationale…” said the General.

It looked like that the British delegation knew nothing about this too. The same goes for the Americans. They were all acting almost uncontrollably wild as they seeming received the news of the missile launches.

Something is terribly wrong. Sera knew it well.

Fina on the other side seemed to have “noticed” Sera’s worried look. And immediately spoke to Sera with her cheerful smile.
“Just leave it to me, Sera. I’ll protect you. I’ll protect where you are,” said Fina, tightening her hand in Sera’s before she let go.

“Wha…” started Sera. But before he was able to properly react, Fina had already dashed away, navigating her way out without any difficulty

Sera wanted to follow, but was immediately stopped by a hand sign from the General.

“Just leave it to her. We’ll see how much the can put up,” said the General, “Besides I’ve a mission for you to execute right now.”

Sera could still feel the leftover warmth of Fina’s hand. Whatever the mission was, Sera were convinced that he would not like it.

Unknown underground airbase, somewhere near Paris

Fina, now changed into her pilot suit, entered the cockpit of an aircraft. It felt like home to her, or perhaps it really was. She can feel the twin M99-X engines welcoming her as soon as she started the engines.

Fina seated herself, and she felt herself being “plugged in”. The helmet-mounted displays were lighting up just as she opened her sparkling emerald green eyes once again.

The aircraft Fina was in was then raised to an angle by the platform below. The ceiling panels were opening up already, revealing the blue and cloudless sky above.

“Handling control to the catapult. Launch when you’re ready,” came a voice from the speaker. The control center had given the permission to take off.

Fina took a deep place before she launched herself and her aircraft towards the sky.

“Rafale Verde, takeoff!!”

rv1.png

(Something like this, but I'll certainly heavily modify it to make it look more like a Rafale. :cool:)​

Last edited:
No. Using tow ropes to fling them back at London and D.C. :D

Last edited:
Catalan SSBNs attacking from the North Sea, mwhahahaha!!!!

Catalan SSBNs attacking from the North Sea, mwhahahaha!!!!

Latest Report! The missile have changed courses. They are all heading for Barcelona!!!!

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

So you french have finally seen the light eighty years after Case Yellow, given up on home-made tanks and started to buy ours? ;)

So you french have finally seen the light eighty years after Case Yellow, given up on home-made tanks and started to buy ours? ;)

No, it's just the name. The tank will be based of the Merkava in OTL, which just happened to be my favourite tank. But it is true that the guns will be of German origin. ;)

Last edited:
No, it's just the name. The tank will be based of the Merkava, which just happened to be my favourite tank. ;)

Well, the pictured Tank has German markings on it, and frankly, and no offense, but there is about a snowballs chance in hell that the German Army will ever buy a French tank.

Well, the pictured Tank has German markings on it, and frankly, and no offense, but there is about a snowballs chance in hell that the German Army will ever buy a French tank.

In TTL, the German Army and other National Army will be organized like the State National Guards of the US. So the tank is part of the German Army and also the joint European Union Armed Forces comprised of all the members states' armed forces. The tank is developed jointly by major defence corporations of the EU along with IMI. So to clear things up, it ain't a pure "French Tank" but a "European Tank" (with pals :p). Naming the tank Rommel is to honour the Hero of Europe Erwin Rommel in WWII.

Last edited:
Update time

Warning: low quality update. I'm going to take yet another final exam on Friday. So will probably do some editing by then. :eek:o

...​

PlaceHolder

Chapter XI

Rommel did not know where he was. He still felt dizzy. Perhaps he was still dreaming, and his mind was drifting away in some wonderland.

If it was not because of the presence of the odour coming from the various medicines and drugs around him, Rommel thought that he’d never have woken up. And what greeted him was the pain coming from all over his body. Rommel knew that pain was good, since it meant that he was still alive, albeit in a painful manner.

Rommel struggled to open his eyes. They were heavy as lead, but Rommel still mangaged to open them after several determined attempts. The light flooding him just as he opened his eyes made Rommel blinked several times, but it was not long before the surroundings became visible once again for him.

“How long has it been since I passed out?” was Rommel’s first thought awake.

Judging where he was by shifting his eyes around, Rommel could suddenly hear voices of two men speaking to one another through a crack in the door.

“I could swear that one of his kidneys was gone when we got him here, but now it seemed to have grown back!” cried Watson.

“I know that he’s not to be taken as normal, but this really is ridiculous…” remarked Holmes.

“Who are they talking about?” thought Rommel confused.
Rommel was sure that he was stabbed badly from the back, but definitely not bad enough to kill him. Perhaps the doctor Watson had taken care of some other patients before he woke up?

Come to think about it, who was the one that wounded him? There were few people in existance that can wound him so badly. The girl he saw last before he lost conscious… who was the girl exactly? Rommel seemed to remember a partial glimpse of the girl. Her blond hair carried a reminiscent scent, but her crimson eyes were definitely something he would not want to associate anything with.

Rommel came to one conclusion that was the most acceptable: things just doesn’t make sense.

…​

Rommel wandered out of his room. He recognized that he was in the house of Quatermain that he had visited once before. As he made his way to the living room where some light was, Rommel noticed that everyone was there, having somesort of serious talk among them.

“What’s going on…” asked Rommel wearily.

“Monsieur Rommel! You should have stayed in bed!” cried Mata Hari worriedly as soon as she set her eyes on Rommel.

“It’s all right… ” replied Rommel as he held out his hand to refuse any assistance. His legs were still protesting against any usage after being inactive on the bed for some time, but Rommel still managed to find a spot to sit in the small living room.

“I suppose you still have some strength in your body since you were able walk yourselves here unassisted,” remarked Quatermain.

“Yes.”

“Now that you’re awake, we do wish to have you join us for our small talk…” said Holmes. “Our good man Quatermain refused to tell us anything until you’re present. You should be interested about this… since it’s about Jack…”

“Jack?!” thought Rommel. Quatermain knew something about that man?

Quatermain began to clear his throat beside Rommel.
“I might as well tell you the story of one of my old acquaitances,” spoke Quatermain.

“Many years ago there was a family with a long medical tradition. Many members of the family are either doctors or associated with medicine in some sort of way. The family was rich and powerful due to their many connections with royalty after several generations. Not just a few of them held noble titles themselves It just happened that one of my old friends belonged to that family. He was a doctor as you all might expect. He had a most charming and handsome face, and a beautiful wife that perfectly matched him. His only son was just as brilliant as himself. The son was said to bear his own image on his face, and I’m convinced that was true after meeting his son myself a few times.”

Suddenly Quatermain let out a few coughs, before taking a deep breath and resumed speaking again.

“I heard rumours of him… nasty rumours. Rumours of him having an affair with an unamed actress. Nothing could prove the existance of that affair, since the actress had killed herself with poison. Many believed that the man had deceived the actress by hiding the existance of his wife and son, and the poor girl was too heart-broken to live after she found out the truth.”

Everyone in the room was showing signs of discomfort, with Rommel seemingly affected the most by Quatermain’s words.

“Whatever was the truth, his fame was shattered. It was made permanently true after reports of him involving in gambling and even opium became true. He was a broke man both financially and mentally ever since. Everytime I saw him he was asking for money to pay off some new debts he just made. It was sad, sad for the both of us, especially after I ended our relationship.”

Quatermain stopped again, this time for an even longer period of time.

“Perhaps that was a mistake I made. It did not take long after before it happened…”

“What exactly happened?” asked Watson.

Quatermain expelled more words from his mouth as if spatting out poison.

“Murder. Terrible murder. Murder of the man and his wife in the same, bloody fashion.”

The room remained quiet again for a moment, before Holmes finally broke the silence.

“Do you still remember the man’s name?”

Quatermain’s eyes winced with discomfort, and he let out a large sigh.

“How can I possible erase that name from my memories? That cursed name…”

Quatermain paused for another moment, before he bitterly muttered out two words.

“Dorian Gray.”

Dorian-Gray.jpg

(No, I'm not hired to do some advertisement)​

An unknown cave, at the same moment

“Ahhh, old memories,” remarked Jack as if coming back from a sweet dream. His face was half covered by a delightful smile.

Jack had his back against a large boulder lying down at an angle position. He lifted his hat to allow the few sunlight coming from cracks in the cave’s ceiling to lit his face. Jack then faced towards the Zulu Goliath Chief that was kneeling submissively before him.

“Now it’s time for some entertainment, Golly. Don’t disappoint me.”

Giant_Majini.jpg

(Golly is Jolly :p)​

In front of Jack was a small army of perhaps hundreds of Zulu warriors with “Golly” apparently leading them all with his oversized dual-tipped ivory scythe. They all seemed to be thirsty, thirsty for something liquid with the same colour as their glowing crimson eyes.

A loud growl came from Brutus’ stomach beside Jack, as if reminding his master that he wanted some of the blood that will be spilled. Jack immediately responded with a comforting tone.

“Don’t worry Brutus. You’ll get to eat to your heart’s content.”