• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
this is getting steadily more bloody and disturbing by the day. which is a good thing. dont be discouraged by lack of readers, this is an excellent aar and the best dont alwaays have more readers.

Well, thanks for the complimen and sorry for my complain. :p

I actually blame the lack of readers for the bloodiness of this AAR, since the lack of readers made me sulk and what I wrote is affected by my mood. Perhaps I'm just looking for someone to blame. :p

The more I read, the more I'm caught by this AAR and the more I wish the bloodiest death possible for Jack and Co.

The more I read, the more I'm caught by this AAR and the more I wish the bloodiest death possible for Jack and Co.

Spoiler time:

I actually already thought up a death for Jack and Co. It will be bloody as expected, but it will also feature Rommel using an exceptional weapon that does not even exist in our real world. :p Yes, I spent time designing a personal weapon for Rommel to use later in this AAR.

BTW, Brutus is partially based on the Verdugo boss in RE4, which is a boss that can withstand direct RPG hits without much problem. Thus, you may expect Brutus to be extremely resilient against every kind of firearm below the French 75.

Thus, you may expect Brutus to be extremely resilient against every kind of firearm below the French 75.

May I suggest the Big Bertha? 280 mm of a lady:D

What about the cannon which the germans used to bomb Paris in 1918? :D

Well, I guess it's impossible for people to lower the gun enough for it to hit a man. :p Anyways I made a small calculation and found out that the kinetic energy of a shell from Richelieu's guns is greater than the KE of a shell of the Paris Gun by more than two times, though this is largely due to the much greater mass of the shells Richelieu's guns use. ;)

Bah! Real men use the Schwerer Gustav...:p

That can take one of those suckers down easily.

What about the cannon which the germans used to bomb Paris in 1918? :D

The Bigh Bertha I mentioned above...

The Dora wasn't around in 1914...

That was OTL.
This is TTL.

:D

Well, folks, we'll see how things end up sooner or later. :p

Hopefully I can end the current chapter by the end of the next week, so some updates should be coming in. ;) I can first tell you people that I also prepared something special for you all. :D

Update's here. I'll first have to say that it is quite short, due to the fact that another update is coming in tomorrow. So, I'm saving some story lines until then, and you can think of this update as an appetizer for tomorrow. (However, I just recently got EU3 IN, and it sure is an addicting game. So it might eat away my time of writing. :eek:o ) Anyways, I shall present the update.

............​

Rachmaninoff’s residence, New Year’s Eve

“…Aria… Aria!”

“…”

“Aria!” Rommel tried to call Aria, and shook her with his hands. However, Aria was just like a doll without life, with no responses of any sort.

“Aria!”

Aria’s recent memories twirled inside her head, and she remembered the scenes, those bloody scenes in series of uncontinuous time frames. All of them emerging from the depth of her memories.

…​

Gunshots can be heard all around, following immediately by the sound of bullets colliding with solid steel armor with no indications of penetration. Two blood red eyes of a beast then emerged from where the shots were fired.

…​

There were the sounds of acute breathing. White fog formed in the cold from the breaths.

…​

There was the sound of someone humming a tune while doing a little tap dance.

…​

There were the cries and screams, followed by the sound of bashing and trashing. The sounds of munching and devouring then can be heard.

…​

“… Brutus, I’d really need you to stop eating and write the message. Just like you did last time on the letter to that gentleman, Mishter Lusk.”

…​

A smiling face came straight up in front. A smile so wide that would not disappear for a lifetime in one’s memory.

JokerFinal1.jpg

(How about a smile?)

…​

“… Hello, my little girl, I’m just about to fry some kidneys. Would you like to have some?”

…​

“Aria…” said Rommel while he looked at Aria sadly, not knowing what to do. Aria was visibly shaking from remembering her horrible memories. Rommel thought to himself, was there anything that he could do?

Whether it was by instinct or not, Rommel hugged the little girl tight in his arms. Something he'd not thought of doing himself.

“Monsieur… Rommel…” Aria spoke small, weary, but relaxed voice as a current of warmth passed to her.

Finally after some time had past with Rommel hugging Aria, Rommel let Aria lay down on her bed before covering her with a warm blanket.

“Sleep…” said Rommel. Aria looked at Rommel wearily before she obeyed, closing her tired eyes and falling into a deep sleep.

“I should find out what exactly happened…” murmered Rommel to himself as he left the room where Aria was. Not forgetting to give a look at Aria caringly before closely the door behind.

“Major Rommel, are you leaving?” Someone called Rommel from behind just as Rommel was ready to leave the residence. Rommel turned and found Rachmaninoff behind him.

“Yes, but I’ll be back soon,” answered Rommel quietly as he turned to the man.

“Doing more of your work, I’m afraid?”

“… I’m afraid I cannot answer you on that question, Monsieur Rachmaninoff.”

A silence hung between the two men.

“… Very well. Should I expect you to be back for dinner?” Rachmaninoff finally said.

“… Yes, make it so,” replied Rommel, “I should be away now,” he said before leaving through the front door.

Snow was still falling outside, with the rooftop of houses and the streets all appeared as white. There were many people present strolling the streets with an air of celebration all around the place.

“I should go to where it happened again…” thought Rommel, while clutching his fist tight.

Piazza del Plebiscito, late afternoon

“Nothing is left here…” muttered Rommel.

It appeared that the Carabineri had did a good job cleaning the site even after the fight with Rommel. The blood stains that were once all over the place had been completely scrubbed off, with no signs of them remaining anywhere. It seemed impossible to find any clue of what exactly happened aside from a bloody battle had been fought at the scene between the girls and an inhuman opponent.

“The opponent must have been one of the creations of the program…” thought Rommel.

Suddenly a group of Carabineri appeared, as if they had been waiting in ambush. They all had their pistol drawn, with their guns pointed straight at Rommel.

“…Trouble…” thought Rommel wearily to himself, “…Trouble…”

In a brief moment Rommel was able to knock out more than half of the men who had shown hostility to him with a combination of unpredictable moves and shear power. The rest of the Carabineri then seemed to shock to make any more actions.

Two gentleman suddenly appeared behind the remining Carabineri, and the Carabineri hold down their weapons at their coming. By their appearances, the two were presumably English.

“Who are you exactly?” (English) asked one of the men.

Rommel looked at the gentleman who appeared to be talking to him. The Englishman seemed to be in his early forties with an air of seriousness around him.

“Who are you exactly?” (French) The man asked again. This time in a language known by Rommel. However, Rommel decided to remain silent.

The man looked at bit frustrated at Rommel, before he spoke again.

“Very well, I shall introduce myself first. I am Holmes, Sherlock Holmes. The man beside me is Dr. Watson.”

Last edited:
I was going to say that I hate cliff-hangers, but I'll write instead...

Go, Rommel, Go!

I still wait for his meeting with his German counterpart. :D

I was going to say that I hate cliff-hangers, but I'll write instead...

Go, Rommel, Go!

Go, Go, Go! Rommel! (Although it will be a long way before Rommel can have the long last peace he deserved :D)

Hmm, kidneys, yam. :D

I think I stopped talking about food a long time ago. :p Perhaps I'll talk a bit more again after this chapter. Writing updates sure make me hungry. :eek:o

I still wait for his meeting with his German counterpart. :D

Hmmm... I'm assuming you're talking about Rommel here. To make it clear for people, the current protagonist is Erwin Rommel the Elder. In the first chapter I believe I talked a bit of his past and stuff. :p So I'm not really sure which German counterpart you're talking about. :eek:o

Anyways, it may turn out to be a meeting with an English counterpart. :D

Hmmm... I'm assuming you're talking about Rommel here. To make it clear for people, the current protagonist is Erwin Rommel the Elder. In the first chapter I believe I talked a bit of his past and stuff. :p So I'm not really sure which German counterpart you're talking about. :eek:o

Anyways, it may turn out to be a meeting with an English counterpart. :D

Oh dear. :eek:o

Sir Rommelington-Smythe, that dashing young man about town?