• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
thinking about it, rommel is kind of like hercules, too... :D

thinking about it, rommel is kind of like hercules, too... :D

I enjoy Greek Mythology a lot, so yes you may say Rommel is somewhat modeled after Hercules, though not by much. :p

.............​

Screenshots added in the last update, folks! :D

I'm still thinking of when to post the next update. It will be within these days, don't worry. I already got the details of the next two chapters thought up, so there should not be too much difficulties. ;)

Last edited:
it shall be a great war when it begins, since there are no small nations left. :p

There will still be small nations left when the war comes, just to make things more interesting... Some examples are Greece, Portugal, and others... ;)

Update should come either tomorrow or the day after that!

Sorry folks, as you might as well expected already, a delay. :eek:o

Basically my Prof. is telling me to write a paper every other day (which sucks), so I'm quite busy with my university schoolwork. Will post the update as soon as possible. Sorry again.

Post edited: Update coming in a few moments.

This post may still require serious editing

...........​

Rommel looked at the files again. It was not something he wanted to believe.

…​

Code:
Experimental Subject no. X

Weapon of choice: bladed weapons
Commissioned Date: late 1891
Note: First successful test subject. Many flaws exist.

Experimental Subject no. XI

Weapon of choice: high power firearms
Commissioned Date: 1892
Note: Most flaws fixed, but issues over control remain.

Experimental Subject no. XII

Weapon of choice: high capacity concealable firearms
Commissioned Date: 1892
Note: Extremely poor eyesight when first brought in. After conditioning glasses are still required.

At the bottom of each of the files, there were always a stamped image of a winged boy holding a sword. Rommel knew that it was the personification of death, the Greek deity Thanatos, and hence refering to the secret program with the name of Death.

“Experimental Subjects…” Rommel repeated the two words in his mouth slowly. Although he didn’t want to think about it, the subjects most certainly were refering to the girls.

The files where obtained from the contacts the Legion had placed in Italy for Rommel and the Maestro. After the Maestro had left Rommel with the contact for a moment, Rommel quickly knock the man unconscious and obtained the files, before deposing the man off and meeting up with the Maestro. Rommel was almost sure that Thanatos was a secret program of the Legion, and General Mercier must certainly be behind it. But two questions remained for him. One was why was Rommel able to obtain the files with relative ease? Another was since the Maestro was not mentioned in the files, what was his connection with Thanatos?

Rommel looked at the files again. There were only three test subjects listed. Most likely omitting the existance of Aria. Was the girl a future “Experiment Subject”?

All the thoughts twirling in Rommel’s mind unnerved him, and he decided to ask the Maestro directly for all he might know.

Rommel went for the Maestro immediately. However, Maestro Arioso greeted Rommel first when they met.

“Monsieur Rommel, you come at a right timing. I just received a message from one of our contacts,” said the Maestro while holding a short note.

“… What is it about?”

“We have another mission. Our effort in creating an intelligence ring in Italy is almost complete. Most of the Mafia bosses are willing to cooperate with us now. However, a Don Salerio remains opposed to us, and we’ll have to leave now to ambush him in his villa he is using as a hideout.”

“Another upcoming fight,” thought Rommel. “I’ll have to wait till next time to ask…”

“Is Aria coming with us?” Rommel asked.

“Yes, we’ll have to take her and everything with us. We are not supposed to leave any unwanted trails behind,” answered the Maestro quietly.

Few hours later, Don Salerio’s villa

Rommel did not like the position he was in. He was lying flat on his stomach while the rain had turned the ground into thick mud. Rommel adjusted the Zeiss scope on his Mondragon and prepared to provide sniper support.

Rommel looked through the scope and scanned the area. The girls were ready to break in. Rommel bit his lips, thinking that he should do the job alone instead. The Maestro insisted that there were too many men to handle, and since none of the girls have sniper training, it would be best for Rommel to provide sniper fire support fire while the girls break in. The Maestro was to accompany the girls in hope of convincing the opposing side to surrender. Although he was left with nothing to say, Rommel wondered to himself whether the Maestro was ordered to let Rommel out of direct combat.

“Monsieur Rommel, are you cold?” asked Aria holding a small parasol by Rommel’s side.

The rain and the cold of winter were gradually having an effect on Rommel. The cold was nothing to Rommel, but combined with the rain it made Rommel shivered. With proper clothing Rommel could have prevented himself from getting wet, but they left in a haste and Rommel was drenched in his civilian clothes with the cold rain of the Mediterranean Winter.

“Aria, do not worry about me. Wait for us to finish the business quietly,” said Rommel, concentrating in stabilizing his gun with his trembling hands. Luckily Rommel found a rock of suitable size to rest his gun on.
Aria looked on Rommel with her worried eyes. Rommel wondered when was the last time that someone else looked at him like that.

Moments later the girls began the operation. The first defences imposed by the Mafia was easily overwhelmed after a few shots from Rommel’s semi-automatic rifle. The girls then were able to proceed inside the building. Fortunately the building had many windows and offered openings for Rommel to shoot through. Rommel tried his best to resist the cold as he focused himself on his rifle.

Inside the villa, at the same moment

“Haaahhhh…” sighed Amatia as she briefly rested her shotgun on her shoulder, “we had a lot of work these days…”

“Stop complaining, Amatia,” said Rico with an unhappy face, “we are all tired.”

“Amatia, Rico, finish this business as soon as possible,” said Maestro Arioso. “I’m afraid Sonia cannot last long in a combat situation now.” The Maestro then turned to Sonia, who was looking rather pale again.

“Alright, Maestro,” said the two girls at the same time.

The multiple men in the building was easily dispatched as Amatia and Rico simply overpowered any resistance offered. Combined with the effects of Rommel providing sniper support, the Don’s men were devastated. The girls and the Maestro were able to advance to Don Salerio’s room just moments after they entered the villa.

A small creaking sound was heard when the doors of Don Salerio’s room were opened. Inside the unlit room all was quiet. Too quiet.

“Amatia, Rico, be cautious,” said the Maestro quietly as he held Sonia against him. The girl seemed to be quite weak. The Maestro seemed to feel that something bad was about this operation.

As Amatia and Rico proceeded slowly into the room with their respective weapons held out, a small red flash of light seemed to come out of nowhere.

“Rico… Rico!” Amatia said in a loud whisper.

“What now, Amatia?” replied Rico slightly unhappy, while aiming her firearms into the darkness.

“There seem to be something behind you,” said Amatia before she witnessed Rico being swepted aside by a powerful blow coming out of nowhere.

…​

Things were not right. Rommel could sense that something was not right.

“Aria, find a safe place and hide. Do not let other people discover you. I shall be back as quick as possible,” said Rommel to Aria in a hushed whisper.

“… be safe …” said Aria in her small voice.

“Safe is not a word reserved for me,” said Rommel to Aria almost sadly before he stormed into the building.

Inside the building all was quiet. The girls apparently had advanced quite deeply inside the building.

Suddenly a few more gunshots were heard, and Rommel rushed to the source of the sound. What he found astonished him.

“…uuuhhhmmm…” whimpered Sonia as she held out her blade against what seemed to be a man, or at least what seemed to once be a man. The being was wearing tattered remains of clothing that seemed to be made of fine garments, indicating that the being before Rommel could very possibly be the Don. However the being, or rather creature had developed razor sharp claws and small fangs. Furthermore, blood, fresh bright red blood seemed to be seeping out of every pore on the creature’s skin, soaking the creature with its own blood.

“Major Rommel, you arrived at a good timing again…” said the Maestro weakly while leaning against a wall behind Sonia. Amatia and Rico seemed to be knocked out cold lying by the sides. The creature seemed to have noticed Rommel and turned towards him, while letting out a low growl of a beast.

“This might prove to be tricky…” muttered Rommel as he pointed his Luger at the creature with bloody red eyes.

Crimson_Head.jpg

(Rommel and people just ran into some serious trouble)

...​

Last edited:
What? No replies? I'm totally shocked. :wacko:
I was thinking of posting another update... :(
I did specially notice people that I'll be editing the previously post to post the update. Seems like that may be a bad idea. Update should come after I see some replies about the previous update. :mad:

A zombie Don? I knew that being part of the Mafia was unhealthy, but not so much!

Rommel, this time your'e gonna need a lot of luck!

i didnt read or reply because my control panel was not nice enough to inform me that itd been updated. its only just come up as updated just now. the forums have been weird since they were changed a few weeks ago.

zombies now!!??!! this gets stranger and stranger, though still bloody brilliant.

Do I smell Weapon X...? :D

Here's the update!

This Update is still subject to serious editing

................​

Don Salerio’s villa, near the town of Dovia di Predappio, Northern Italy

Rommel would have never thought that in this small peaceful northern Italian town, a creature like the one facing could have ever existed. A creature that was once a living human just like himself.

“What is this thing…” muttered Rommel to himself as he tried to reload his Luger while dodging the random attacks of the creature. The creature, although still having the appearance of a humanoid, had inhuman speed, strength, and power. Battling down a hallway, Rommel was forced to increase his distance with the creature to avoid the potentially lethal blows.

“…uummmggghhhfff….” Rommel made out a small groan as he blocked the creature’s claws with his short sword. After a few more moments of entangling fight, the two combatants broke apart from each other.

“… take this!” muttered Rommel under his breath, and he fired his Luger at the creature. Some of the bullets grazed the creature’s limbs, while some made direct hits at the creature’s torso. However, the creature seemed to shrug off the bullet wounds with nothing more than a few terrifying howls.

“… not enough stoping power?” thought Rommel as the creature’s resilience surprised him.

The creature charged again at Rommel, bashing up the various furniture and wall along the hallway. It lurged at Rommel with its razor sharp claws, however Rommel was able to dodged the attacks and got in close to the creature again. A straightforward slash without hesitation from Rommel sliced the creature’s throat open. As the creature was about to fall, Rommel emptied the rest of the Luger’s magazine at the back of the creature’s head. A gush of blood burst out of the creature’s wound.

“… This should end it …… what?” Rommel turned and faced the creature again, only to discover the creature still standing.

“…… rooowwaarrrrgggghhhh!!” The creature let out a howling sound of pain. A sizzling sound can also be heard from the creature’s wounds. The wounds were closing themselves up at an inhuman speed.

“… impossible…” muttered Rommel as he saw that the gash made to the throat of the creature sealed up and became nothing more than a ugly scar.

The creature groaned and howled, then it saw Sonia trying her best to get the Maestro and the two other girls to safety.

“… Rooowwwhhhoooaaarrr!!!” The creature let out another roar with its bloody mouth. It then charged at Sonia full speed.

“Damnit!” Knowing that the Luger was not effective, Rommel swore as he unslung his Mondragon and took aim at the creature. However, the creature got to Sonia so quickly made it highly possible that Sonia could also be hit. Rommel quickly dropped from his firing position and ran after the creature.

“….uuummmghhh…” Sonia produced a small groan while she was trying to carry both Amatia and Rico away. As she heard something closing in her and looked up, the creature was right before her, baring its claws and elonged fangs.
The next moment Sonia was viciously swepted aside by a swipe with a blow from the creature. The girl was flung to the wall of the hallway in a loud impact.

As Sonia prepared to get herself up, a stinging pain let her noticed that her face had been clawed. Sonia then saw the creature closing in onto the Maestro before it also gave a devastating blow to the old man.

As the creature was going to finish of the Maestro and the two other girls, a blade flew to it and struck it directly at its eye. The creature howling in pain as it stumbled back a little distance before pulling out the blade out of its disabled eye. What it saw was Sonia facing it, with the ugly wound on her face gradually disappearing out of sight with a sizzling sound. The girl then lurged at the creature fearlessly with her multiple blades.

Rommel watched Sonia battle the creature almost in horror. It was a serious battle with Sonia attacking relentlessly despite the multiple factors that deemed her to be at a disadvantage. The girl seemed to be in no way resemble what she appeared to be as she viciously battled the creature. A question struck Rommel in the mind. Was the girl just like the monster, merely bearing a much more human appearance?

“…. aaahhhh!!” Sonia let out a small cry as she was agin flung to the wall. The inequality in terms of speed and strength between the two combatants was simply too great. The creature closed in on her with a small growl to deliver a final blow.

“… uurgghh…” Rommel bit his lip and lurged forward. “Just kill the creature before thinking of anything else,” thought Rommel to himself as he charged at the creature with the short sword mounted on the Mondragon. The creature lashed out its claws at Rommel, however partially thanks to Sonia’s attacks, the creature was significantly slower and weakened. The creature exchanged a few more blows with Rommel, before Rommel was able to attack from a lowered position. The bayonet mounted on the end of the Mondragon smashed into the creature’s oral cavity with a thrust aimed upwards by Rommel.

“This should end it all…” said Rommel under his breath. The end of the gunbarrel was clearly inside the creature’s mouth. Rommel pulled down the trigger, and sent some ten High Explosive Incendiary rounds blasting the creature’s skull open. The remains of the creature tumbled onto the floor lifeless, at last.

“Monsieur Rommel…” said the Maestro weakly. There were some minor wounds on the old gentleman’s shoulder, but otherwise the Maestro was fine.

“I thank you for coming…” continued Maestro Arioso before he was interrupted by Rommel.

“Please save that for later, Maestro, I do wish to ask you over some matters. However, we should get out of here as soon as possible.”

Suddenly, a flash of light at the corner of his eye caught Rommel’s attention. In an instance a section of the building was immediately aflamed.

“What a perfect timing… was somebody watching all this?” thought Rommel in his mind. He then turned to Amatia and Rico.

“Amatia, Rico, get up!” Rommel called out at the two girls. The two girls seemed to be fine, and got up after repeated calls from Rommel.

“… Owww……” said Amatia as she got up. “I hurt all over my body…”

“I remember that we were fighting something…” said Rico who seemed to be at pain. “Ahhh! My glasses!” Rico picked up her glasses with the lens all shattered in the battle and seemed to be at a lost.

“… Sonia…” said Rommel under his breath as he turned to where Sonia was. The girl should be alright just like the other two.

Much to Rommel’s surprise, Sonia was in a sitting position with her back leaned against the wall. Her eyes were wide open, and her body visibly shaking. The girl was also coughing up more fresh blood.

“Sonia! ” cried Rico and Amatia.

“We should get out immediately, Rico, Amatia,” said the Maestro before turning to Rommel. “Major Rommel. I assumed Aria should be waiting for us outside.”

“Yes, I had her hide in a safe place. I certainly could not take her with me when I stormed into the building,” replied Rommel as he picked up Sonia. The fire had rapidly spread to their vicinity. They have no choice but to leave as soon as possible.

…​

Rommel and the others were able to make it out of the burning building within moments. The once grandeur villa became nothing more than a flaming wreck.

“Maestro… Monsieur Rommel, and everyone…” Aria came out of her hiding place and greeted Rommel and the others.

“Aria, you are al…” began Rommel. Suddenly he felt the back of his neck being wetted by some warm and sticky substance. A large quantity of blood mixed with some blackish substance began to drip from Rommel’s shoulder to the ground. The source was clearly from Sonia’s mouth.

“…Sonia…” said Aria in her small voice shocked by the scene.

“How did it… how did it happened to be like this… ?” asked Rommel completely shocked as he got Sonia down from his back and held her in his arms.

“Monsieur Rommel, please hold Sonia for now, if you please,” said the Maestro calmly.

Sonia was visibly trembling seriously in Rommel’s arms. She was vomiting fresh blood, not merely coughing blood out. Among the blood was a brownish black vomit that resembled coffee grounds. The mix of the bright red blood and blackish vomit stained the girl’s pretty dress.

coffeegrounds.jpg

(If something like this comes out of you then it's pretty bad)​

“Hematemesis…” muttered Rommel under his breath.

Maestro Arioso then rolled up the left sleeve of Sonia’s clothing. What was beneath it utterly shocked Rommel.

“Please hold her tight, Monsieur Rommel,” said the Maestro as he took out a syringe and prepared to inject an unknown substance into Sonia’s trembling arm. The white slender arm was covered with numerous tiny scars. The scars were obviously caused by injections through syringes.

The girl Sonia was certainly certainly under heavy drug use. Was being an “Experimental Subject” suppose to be like that?

A street in the town of Dovia di Predappio, moments later

A teen was running through the rain. A great deal, a great deal of trouble he had gotten himself into, thought the teen.

Suddenly a hand emerged from a small alley and grabbed the boy from the street. The powerful hand grasped the boy so tightly that the teen could not possible escape.

“How was it, Benito? Did you remember to set the villa on fire?” asked a voice with an eerie smile. The voice seemed to chill one’s bone more than the cold rain falling from the sky.

“I… I…” stammered the teen with fear.

“Speak with your mouth, or I shall let you speak with your throat,” said the voice almost happily.

“The Don… the Don is dead. A man killed him with his powerful rifle.”

“Ahhh… as expected… The Don was no match for him even after such long period of “conditioning”…” said the voice as if amused before turning to the teen. “Benito, you did a great job. You’ll now forget everything about this, do you understand?”

“Yes… yes!” cried the teen.

“Good. Now begone!” The source of the voice let go of the teen, dropping him on the cobblestone street. The teen then got himself up and took off like a hare without turning back.

“I’d have loved to watch Major Rommel battle the Don myself, but a fox like him will have easily sniff my presence. The sneaky little boy may still have some use left in the next future…” said the voice amusingly to himself. “Isn’t it right?”

“… Uummmpphhh…” a deep groan that seemed to came from something more beastly than man replied the bone chilling voice.

Last edited:
Another nice battle update.
But why do those small girls have to kill and kill? :(

Thanks, and the reason for the killings will more or less be explained in later updates.

A zombie Don? I knew that being part of the Mafia was unhealthy, but not so much!

Maybe I'll just say that the Don had a bad stomach and skin problems lately... :rofl:

Anyways, no zombies in this AAR, zombies are too weak and can be terminated with one head shot. Consider the Don being "transformed" into somethinig more powerful.

zombies now!!??!! this gets stranger and stranger, though still bloody brilliant.

Again, no zombies. :D This chapter is actually the beginning of one of the main theme I wanted to introduce to this AAR. I'll refer to it as Thanatos from now on.

Do I smell Weapon X...? :D

No Weapon X, Wolverine and folks in this AAR. Sorry. :p

............​

The time for the next update to come is not decided yet, since I have a couple of term projects and papers to work on. :wacko:

Last edited:
And then they say that kaiser Billy was evil...

Now we have kaiser Resident Evil :D Just kidding

Now we have kaiser Resident Evil :D

Haha, well I'm actually basing some part of this AAR on RE, but just a small reminder, no zombies will appear. :D

Another horrible update in means of pain involved for the characters!

Well, as an alternate history writer, I'll say that it is the pain that truly reflects what kind of dark world our ancestors could have possible lived in. ;)

Ok, some bad news. :(

You may all have to wait for the next update till the weekend at the very least, and the updates after that are also very likely to suffer from heavy delays. Sorry about that, but I did got busier since these days... I'll still try my best to write whenever I can. If people can provide some suggestions or advices it wil really shorten some thinking process for me, which means that I can write the updates faster. On average an update cost me six hours the very least, so I might as well be considered a slow writer. :eek:o

arghhh. that is all.

Well, a little of waiting, nothing else. It could have been worse...

theres something wrong with this thread. i just looked back and noticed i've missed another update which i wasnt told about. it was very good, by the way. i love reading about all these battles. the experimentation thing is still very puzzling and chilling.

arghhh. that is all.

Sorry, but RL is tightening its grip on me. :(

theres something wrong with this thread. i just looked back and noticed i've missed another update which i wasnt told about. it was very good, by the way. i love reading about all these battles. the experimentation thing is still very puzzling and chilling.

Thanks for the comment. The next chapter will reveal more about the plot. :D

Well, a little of waiting, nothing else. It could have been worse...

Yup, it could have been worse. Frankly I have something like 2 term projects + 3 papers to do over the weekend. Oh, and did I mentioned midterms for me starting next week? :eek:o

I'll still try my best to post these updates. The next update is around half completed, and will be posted in the weekend. If I'm really motivated perhaps I can get an update done today, and another update for the weekend. :D