• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Super France vs Super Germany? This is going to be awesome. :)

Good luck, I think you might need it.

I'm back with another test run as France. Basically I did nothing but observe Germany controlled by a custom modified SUPER aggresive AI (I also used the cheat code nofog to observe better). The Germans literally crushed ALL the Balkan states and the Ottoman Empire in a little more than a year. Good grief, the AI is really strong! It performed almost as good as me when conquering the Balkans and devouring the Ottomans. Looks like I really have to watch out for Germany when I'm in the actual gameplay.

This'll be interesting.

Le retour de l'Empereur??? Je m'inscris avec joie!

For the ottomans, maybe a great support of the french republic (until the return of napoléon IV) could help them check the prussians?

Alright, folks, I'm here for some more news about this AAR.
First of all, I used the 1897 scenario as the base for my game, so I should thank the mod 1914 team for providing such a wonderful mod. Here is a list of things I added on to my game in addition to the original scenario:

Germany takes over everything Austria-Hungary owns

France takes over everything the Low Countries + Congo owns.

For all the major powers, the peacetime ic mod is changed to 0.9 except USA and Russia

France and Germany will be more Authortarian and Interventionist

All the major powers will receive free ic on national provinces and free resources on random provinces. This is because I think that private industrialists will countinue to build up the nation's industrial strength even without the government, and that the major powers will continue to try to find more resources in their colonies. (This will happen through some custom events)

The addition of a new division: The Legion Etrangere (French Foreign Legion), for France only, of course

Note: There are also some changes I didn't list, but most are up here. Everything else is unchagned, and thus more or less historic.

I will try to give the full update as soon as possible, but please give me some suggestions! I'm starving for them!

Last edited:
Folks, here we go. Before I start my game, I will give you all some stats about the world in my alternate history.

GlobalMap1-1.jpg

map of Europe 1897

GlobalMap1-2.jpg

Far East

GlobalMap1-3.jpg

European African Posessions
Note: Britain is at war with Sudan

GlobalMap1-4.jpg

North America
Not shown: Britain owns Newfoundland

Some stats......

armystats1-1.jpg

navystats1-1.jpg

Industrial Capacity of the Powers:
FRA: 203/194
GER: 315/312
ENG: 179/208
RUS: 70/140
ITA: 41/59
USA: 156/307
JAP: 41/58

Basically the world in my alternate history has two main camp hostile to each other for now. The Entente with France and Russia versus the Central Powers with Germany and Italy(though Italy is more like an auxillary power). Japan is aiming at Korea and China, Britain in colonial conquests and continuing her "rule over the waves", and USA is mainly interested in some Spanish overseas territories for now. When the Great War comes though, I will make sure that every single Great Power will be part of it.

Here's the Diplomatic Screen for France and Germany:

diplo1-1.jpg

diplo1-2.jpg

I made the sliders for France and Germany to be very favourable for starting wars and making conquests. The reason for this will be told in the following updates.

Last edited:
interesting, good luck.

nice piccies :D one question though: how did you get the national army comparison to show all the countries? i thought that vanished with the arrival of doomsday?

Shouldn't Germany have Torun?
Just asking. :D

BritishImperial said:
nice piccies :D one question though: how did you get the national army comparison to show all the countries? i thought that vanished with the arrival of doomsday?

I typed in the nofog cheat code and then open up the stats screen, that's how I did it. I'm not sure that it vanished with the arrival of doomsday. Perhaps it has to do with some installation problems with my game? Try out the nofog code for yourself.

ColossusCrusher said:
Shouldn't Germany have Torun?
Just asking. :D

The original 1897 scenario in mod 1914 has Torun in Russian control. I just didn't change that in my game.

I take it with this version Italy will be on the German side

Historically it changed sides because Italy hated Austria-Hungary and wanted some land from them, without AH around Italy should stay with Germany all the way I think, otherwise Super-Uber Germany won't stand up to British, Russian, Italian and FRENCH.

Good luck and this will be so much fun to watch when the war explodes.

Cool.

You gave yourself Leopold as your Head of Navy?

Maj. von Mauser said:
Cool.

You gave yourself Leopold as your Head of Navy?

France in 1897 for some reason doesn't have a Head of Navy, so I had to use Leopold from Belgium. I wish the 1914 mod team can make some more ministers for France in 1897.

Last edited:
TheEnlighted1 said:
I take it with this version Italy will be on the German side

Historically it changed sides because Italy hated Austria-Hungary and wanted some land from them, without AH around Italy should stay with Germany all the way I think, otherwise Super-Uber Germany won't stand up to British, Russian, Italian and FRENCH.

Good luck and this will be so much fun to watch when the war explodes.

A Super-Uber Germany would stand up to the rest of the world under the hands of a human (I tried playing as Germany before) at around 1900 if nothing happened to stop German conquests overseas and her industrial growth. I'll have to make the AI less aggressive in order to make it actually possible for me to win when the Great War comes.

gaiasabre11: Les Flammes des Ténèbres (The Flames of Darkness)

it will be a few days before i can read this, but i have poked around enough to be willing to give you fair warning:

I WILL be watching you (meaning: this AAR) ! ! :D

OH, and BEST of luck ! !
:cool:

Enewald said:
I think Torun should be german. :eek:o
The border looks awful. :p

And btw, maybe edit your chief of navy?
King Leopold III as chief of navy? :confused: :confused:

I just checked Torun's history in wikipedia. Torun should indeed be German as it was prior to 1919. However, I still plan not to change it, because this might screw something up regarding of the AI. I think I'll just include in my alternate history that Prussia agreed to give Russia Torun in a "border rectification" to have Russia promise her she will not intervene in the Prussian takeover of Austrian lands. Torun will be made a German national province though so Germany will want it back. Thanks for the suggestion.

By the way, I could edit France's chief of navy to make them appear earlier, but I think that's too ahistoric, so I'll just let Leopold the old man be the chief for the time being. I'll replace him once I have a replacement.