• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
hey now this is an alternate history. maybe the rommels emigrated.

gaiasabre11: …"Adjudant-chef Rommel, am I right?”

it seems that the Rommel family has a French branch, as well ! ! :D

excellent update ! ! :cool:

Kurt_Steiner: Rommel? Tell me it's not Erwin Johannes Rommel...

naaa. even as the Polish have a General Rommel in HOI, so it is entirely possible, even probable, that another branch of the Rommel family is in France ! ! ;)

There is also a Rommel for Russia (Russia Russia, not the Soviet Union) in HoI2.

If it is a German Rommel it'd kinda negate the credibility of the story for me.

Personally I'm not a fan of this Mercier chap, hopefully he is disposed by someone with a soul.

Good update though.

Last edited:
Maj. von Mauser said:
If it is a German Rommel it'd kinda negate the credibility of the story for me.

My Rommel in the story will be a German one (yes, born in Germany) , but I will try to bring up a good story to make you feel that it is credible. However, the story of Rommel prior to him joining the Legions will not be available until later in the AAR. You may have to wait a while for his past to be revailed.

GhostWriter said:
it seems that the Rommel family has a French branch, as well ! !

Sorry if my Rommel is German makes you feel disappointed, but however I can announce that another Rommel with French blood will appear later in the story. (Oops, I shouldn't have spill this info out)

Last edited:
All right, first I'll have to apologize that this update will be fairly short. I caught a cold and is now depleting my supplies of tissue papers. Whatever, here comes the update.

ScreenSave0.jpg

The Legions before deployment

ScreenSave2.jpg

ScreenSave1.jpg

Using transports and some destroyers

ScreenSave4.jpg

Shifting troops in Indochina

ScreenSave8.jpg

Ready to attack

ScreenSave5.jpg

Here we go!

ScreenSave3.jpg

6 of my divisions to around 10 of the enemy. However most of their forces are not guarding the key southern provinces but are further up north.

ScreenSave7.jpg

Finished faster than I thought, mainly because I made good use of my Legions and transports to land on places with victory points and then quickly annexed the country. Also, my Legions are way stronger than normal troops, so most battles finished in less than a day. Furthermore, General Mercier is a skill 4 general at the start, so basically the Republic finished off the puny state of Siam with great ease.

.........................................​

All right, I promise that their will be some more story next time. Unless my cold gets worse, of course.

Last edited:
a cold wouldnt stop napoleon :p

BritishImperial said:
a cold wouldnt stop napoleon :p

Well, a cold winter did it in Russia... :D

Great Job in Southeast Asia, I'm sure that this recent French acquisation has the British Empire worried about a *threat* to British Imperial dominance.

I'm not trying to criticise, but the stats you have given the Legions make them ridiculously(sp? :mad: ) over-powered.

Hopefully your cold goes away.

Maj. von Mauser said:
I'm not trying to criticise, but the stats you have given the Legions make them ridiculously(sp? :mad: ) over-powered.

I was thinking or the same thing too. But nobody said anything before, so I thought it was ok. Now you mention it, I will certainly make some changes to the Legions' stats. However, they will still remain a lot more powerful compared to other units. Thanks for your suggestion :p .

gaiasabre11: ...6 of my divisions to around 10 of the enemy. However most of their forces are not guarding the key southern provinces but are further up north.

sounds normal ! ! :)

gaiasabre11:
...basically the Republic finished off the puny state of Siam with great ease.

works for me ! ! :D

excellent update ! !
:cool:

when russia goes red?
when russia goes red?
?
oh since french empire is a direct succesor to french revolution shouldn't it see more profit in aiding soviet tfu russian leftists?

Deus Eversor said:
when russia goes red?
when russia goes red?
oh since french empire is a direct succesor to french revolution shouldn't it see more profit in aiding soviet tfu russian leftists?

Being Liberal in the 18th century is far from being a anarcho-communist-leninist in 20th century. :rofl:

First of all before this update starts, I want to celebrate this post as the 100th post in this thread! Thank you all who had been giving me suggestions and support, or this AAR would have a really short life. However, I admit this AAR is still at its infant stage and many more updates are needed to make it something really enjoyable. I will continue to try my best in posting updates for you all my readers to have a wonderful reading experience.

Now for the update:

..............................................​

“Sit down. We may have a fairly long talk.”

In the dark study room, only a few oil lamps provided lighting. I sat down on the chair in front of the old general. He immediately put on his glasses and got some documents out. He pushed the Thai King’s head out of the way as he did so.

“We have some official business here first. Your five-year contract with the legion is finished. You have the choice of leaving as a French Citizen or continue to serve in the legion. What is your choice?”

“I’ll continue to serve.” I said firmly without hesitation.

“As expected from you. We now have some documents to fill in. Your full name, please.”

“Erwin Rommel.”

“Age?”

“Thirty-five.”

“Nationality?”

“German.”

“Let’s see your past records … ex-artillery officer in the German Army. Charged with murder, arson, assault and various other crimes before serving in the Legion. Anything more you want to add?”

“No. That’s all I have.”

“Good. Your second registration as a legionnaire will be officially done in a few days. When you receive your registration papers, you will also be promoted as major and in command of a battalion.”

“Understood, mon General.”

“Now, back to some business of the Republic’s current situation.” The general put a pile of documents in front of me.

“At the start of the year. The Legions were deployed at Marsailles. The second time that the Legions were deployed in Metropolitan France. The country was almost in completely chaos due to that scum Dreyfus and his troubles. Fortunately we had him and those corrupted dissentients “disappeared” before any more trouble can be caused.”

“Shortly after that, the German Emperor paid us a visit. Perhaps he knew of our internal problems and wanted to demand something out of us when we appear weak. We taught him a lesson that the Republic is never weak, and never will be. Did you use that rifle to deliver the bullet?”

The general pointed at my Mauser G98 rifle. It is scheduled to be the standard rifle for the German Army next year. However, the Legion somehow smuggled some prototypes out and distributed it to us in small quantities.

Mauser_m98.jpg

The g98​

“No, mon General, I did what you told me to: use a Luger to do the job.”

I took out my special custom long-barrel Luger carbine. The Luger is still in its prototype phase. However we also got our hands on some of it.

luger_7_65carb.jpg

Luger Carbine​

“I was surprised when the German Emperor used a Luger in front of us. Looks like he got some pre-production models, too. Isn’t it a nice surprise for the Emperor to found out his guards had been shot by the same type of pistol as his?”

“Certainly, mon General.”

“Now for the things that happened in the past few months. First of all I’m most pleased with the Legion’s latest performance. Only a little over three months was required to make Siam part of our colonial empire. Quite impressive, I’d say. Do you have any comment on that?”

“We should worry about the British’s reactions, shouldn’t we?”

“Yes, certainly. But we will have further discussions about them later. Look at these papers.”

I glanced through the papers the general handed me quickly and then set them on the table.

“According to these papers, the German problem really is something we should worry about.”

“Yes, indeed” said the general, resetting his spectacles, “it is certainly disturbing.” The general then marked a particular spot on one of the papers.​

Code:
…………..
National Strength Comparison: The Republic to the Reich
Category            1897         1907       
IC                  200:300      450:700     
Population          70:100       80:120
War Potential       1.5:2.5      1:2
…………………….

Note: War Potential is something I use to stand for the ability of one country able to wage war. It takes in a lot of factors such as IC, manpower, resources… and others things that I will not further discuss about. My computation for this is really complex and can be inaccurate, but it can be used to illustrate a country’s strength relatively to another.

…………………….​

“It seems that the Germans are growing faster than us in terms of absolute strength, mon General.” I spoke coldly.
“Yes, that’s why we should be expanding our resource base to compensate for this weakness. The conquest of Siam is just a small tryout for the Republic’s strength. We have more tasks to accomplice in broadening the realm of the Republic before we wage the final war with those Germans. Furthermore, conquering the people of foreign lands, making them our subjects, and exploiting them till their deaths, aren’t something natural to do?” The general once again looked into my eyes, as if he wanted to pierce my skull with his sight.

“I do not have a comment for this, mon General. I only follow orders, and only do things you commanded.”

“Yes, yes, I know that. But I should probably let you know this.” The general turned to the Thai King’s head and put his hand on it.

“Do you ever think about how we should treat our subjects? Through justice? Equality? Or even Love?” The general’s hand tighten around the skull, I heard cracking sounds as the head crumbles under the immense pressure.

“By deception and strength. We lie to people in order to make them believe in us and be manipulated. If they don’t take our lies we simply stomp them to the ground. Justice, equality, love, are all nonsense that people created to comfort themselves.” The general suddenly let loose of his grasp around the head, and threw it to the ground.

“You can picture this in your mind as the way we should rule: a jackboot stomping on a face. The people being stomped can either believe in the lie that the stomping is a blessing, or just simply feel the pain before dying.”

With that, the general stomp hard on the head beside his foot. A large cracking sound can be heard throughout the room. Clearly the skull had been crushed.

I stared at the general coldly, and said, “If you say so, then let it be.”

“Good.” The general seemed pleased. “You should just follow my orders and become what I want you to be. As before, you should also follow only my command as my direct subordinate. However, from now on you have some “partners” with you in your operations.”

“Partners?” I asked suspiciously.

“Yes, partners. They should be here around now. Why don’t you introduce one another?” The general almost leisurely sat back on his chair.

An object that resembles a surgical knife suddenly flew towards my throat. I dodged the knife, tumbled on to the floor from my chair, and rolled myself upright. Another knife flew towards me, but I drew my pistol and shot it in mid-air. The knife bounced off and hit the wall, its entire blade stuck in it. I then pointed my gun at the darkness where the knife came from.

“Impressive, as expected from my partner.” An eerie voice came from where I pointed my gun.

The shape of two man appeared before me from the darkness. One is a slim man with a cloak and a hat hiding half of his face. The other is a tall, burly man with a two-piece steel mask.

“Nice to meet you, Mr. Erwin Rommel.” The slim figure holding a surgical knife in hand spoke to me, lifting his hat and showing the eyes of a coyote. “I am known as the Black Jack, but you can also refer to me by my other name: Jack the Ripper. ”

.............................​

By the way this is the best picture I can find that most resembles the jack I want to write about. I was originally planning to have some Joker-like character appear, but them I thought about Jack, and decided to bring him on the stage.

untitled.jpg

Last edited: