• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
She's dead, Jim

PM the author, if in doubt.

This AAR has a slow life of its own, so... just wait and see.

Yes, it's a shame. I've had similar experiences actually in the old MDS scenario for 1.03, with furious AI but obviously without custom stuff. Sometimes, you get lucky!

His save probably got corrupted or something.:(

I guess I should finally come out of hiding and finally get around to giving everyone an explanation.

Yes, this AAR is dead. I just couldn't keep going anymore. It really became too much of a pain in the ass to keep running due to all of the bugs and idiotic AI issues this scenario had. Things like the SCO's major powers not building any troops, or not defending certain strategic countries, etc. Eventually it just became too easy. I actually ingame managed to defeat the SCO by burning through all their fielded divisions and just walking all over them. Trying to compensate with constantly writing events also became a hassle, as well as trying to update the leader's list for the US or other countries (for example, trying to put the Atlantic Invasion Force's military leaders in Russia's ingame files would never work).

I guess in the end I just got too ambitious for my own good. I had all sorts of ideas for future plot development, like a 2nd Russian Revolution switching Russia to the allied camp, or a bloody final stand by China using a hidden stockpile of nuclear weapons to try and bring the world to armageddon, but the amount of work to get to these things just became very daunting. In my personal life I have also found myself with little to no time to work on anything like this anymore, so I just stopped doing it.

Anyways, thats it for this AAR. I hope people are not too disappointed, as it seems alot of you liked it. You all gave me alot of support in writing this, and I will always be grateful for that.

I don't know if I will ever try writing another AAR again, although I have started playing HOI4 and finally figured my way around it.... Maybe I will try something in that game someday, if I can ever find the motivation or think of some good ideas.

Thanks for the update Kaiser. I really enjoyed this AAR while it was running, but I understand why you stopped. You're under no obligation to write video game stories on the internet for free. I hope everything is going well, and it's nice to hear from you again!

A shame to hear this AAR is dead, but I can understand why given how you need to code and implement Events and Decisions which can prove to be quite frustrating. Personal life can get in the way of many things unfortunately.

I guess in the end I just got too ambitious for my own good.

This is so true for many people including me, we all have grand aspirations but in the end it almost never comes to fruition.

Thank you for the update. It was a fun ride, and I can more than understand being overwhelmed by all the difficulties. If you do end up with future AARs, I'll be very happy to read them.

It's a bit of a pity that the AARs is dead but, bearing in mind the great time we had with it, it was worth the effort. So a big thanks for you, Kaiser Mobius.

It was a fun ride while it lasted, cheers mates

Thank you for the update, much appriciated - although it's sad to hear this great AAR is ended. I hope to see your work again! :)