• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oct 18, 2004
Peru VIP 03C Normal/Normal

First AAR for me still learning a lot of things. All comments, strategies welcome.

Peru began for me on October 18 1837 after being made independant from Bolivia.

It's a Presidential Dictatorship with South Andean culture. Literacy 13.4% 0.50 rp/month. Not bad. 1.6 million people. No soldiers or officers a few clergy and aristocracy.

So looking around Ive got 3 sulphur and 2 iron provinces not bad and the others are just wool and cattle.

The intial budget.

Budget.jpg

At the end of the first month my income was 15 a day.

In the first month the Agustin Gamarra event fired with me getting some much needed troops.

AgustinGamarra.jpg

At the end of the month I became a Democracy to get better relations with Chile,Argentina,Columbia, Venezuala +100 relations all now.

Democracy.jpg

The first tech I researched was Stock Exchange as the benefits are large increases in tax efficiency. But in VIP it's 13 RP's so it takes a while.

While I'm waiting fot these guys

MilitarySituation.jpg

I decide to build my first factory.

FirstFacory.jpg

Thought it would be a good idea as I only had 5 mp's but with craftsmen costing £5000 to convert and the cost of the goods also, it never really worked out.

On July 38 we discover Clausewitzian theory which was good as I'd just lost defending to rebels on a mountain with twice as many troops.

When I discovered Stock Exchange I traded with the Yanks

TechTrade.jpg

In July 38 I entered into a alliance with Chile which covered my back as Ive only got 3 divisions.

I then converted a 10k pop to a clergymen. I wouldnt in vanilla but in VIP it costs £1000 but £7500 for a clerk. Also I know this guy will stick around.
Lazy bugger.

Then some Pastry war begins between Mexico and France. What's that. Some kind of bakery bun fight :rofl:

Nov 38 I order 3 clippers for surveying purposes.

On Feb 1840 I declare a preventative war on the world hated Georgians.
More of a Prestige seeking war than anything.

Charge.jpg

Of course such an imperialistic nation like this know's no shame even deploying troops onto my positions.

Resistance.jpg

But of course resistance was futile and peace was made

Demand.jpg

So for this war to halt the Georgian expansion I gain 52PP and the world is a safer place.

Profit.jpg

Thanks Georgia.

When I'd worked off my tech deficit I then traded with Argentina. Not that I want to help my neighbours but it was a good deal.

Tech1.jpg

I will update later I have till Nov 45 on paper. Find out how I annex UK. :rolleyes:

Of course when your half way around the world fighting Georgians you get this.
Badluck.jpg

Which I had to back down from.

In January 1842 USA DOW'ed the UK over the Arostook War. Shame as the UK are fighting China and nobody is available as the US gobble up all their claims in US and Canada.

Another normal day in China.
ChinaWar.jpg

In May 42 I decide that perhaps more than 3 divisions are necessary for national security, so procede to buy 50 cans and guns. Although I'm 5th in Prestige it's difficult to buy guns.
Due to my low national population I decide to have 5 division in the mob pool. I really need a colony somewhere for the manpower. At the moment I think Morroco could easily kick my ass.
In July 43 gold rush happened to me and Lima now produces wonderful precious metal. Well it's a lot better than the cattle before.

GoldRush.jpg

In December 43 I mobilized the reserves for a premptive strike.
In Feb 44 Chile offer an alliance.Sure.
March 44 I do this.

DOWEcuador.jpg

But look who forgot to max army maint before mobilizing
Mobilised.jpg

However the Government of Ecuador soon threw in the white towel.
1stEcuadorPeaceOffer.jpg

2ndEcuadorPeaceOffer.jpg

Whoa, not so much bad boy please.
Peace.jpg

This was accepted by them.

Ecuador now pay me 180/month and my BB is 2.33.

In Feb 45 I began with Idealogical Thought. Maybe I stick with the Culture Techs. Not a lot I can do with so few national pops.
November 45 I buy some goodhealth care for 10K. Get them breeding faster.Or not dying so young.

Wealth can come from the strangest places
WealthfromGuano.jpg

:rofl:
Stop Georgian expansion!

Wealth from Guano? It's not so odd. Isn't that the only export of Nauru?

Interesting AAR. Simple, yet completely informative about your actions. I like it. :D

anonymous4401 said:
:rofl:
Stop Georgian expansion!

Wealth from Guano? It's not so odd. Isn't that the only export of Nauru?

No it's not actually you can find out all about it here

;) Nauru

Yeah the Georgian's R.I.P.

@JoshWeber I've played to 51 now will update soon. I've got two plans one which you might not like :)

You Leave Texas Alone! :D

Well, as long as Josh is making demands, I demand that you leave Hawaii and Korea alone! Don't make them part of your Grand Peruvian Empire! ;)

What's funny is as I had to play a nation till Peru was independant in Oct 18 1837 I chose Hawaii. Not a lot to do so I couldnt mess it up for the comp.
Hmm Korea there time will come....

cookie monster said:
What's funny is as I had to play a nation till Peru was independant in Oct 18 1837 I chose Hawaii. Not a lot to do so I couldnt mess it up for the comp.
Hmm Korea there time will come....

NOOOOOOOO!!!!! Take Japan instead! Please! ;)

The year was 1846. Its a hard life leading Peru, so many jobs to do.

I went for the cultural route for the next 4 techs. Why not I'm Peru :D

I had a plan to go after bankrupt Texas to sell there claims for say the UK's holdings in China. I buttered up the Yanks but to no avail would they let my troops pass. Ehhhh it's only 2 divisions and some donkeys..
Mexico also no go.
Due to Texas having 1 MOW and 2 Frigates I decided against a sea borne also for the mo.

Then in June 47 the world was celebrating, the Imperialistic Georgains were DOW'ed by the Liberating Russians. The whole world wished the Russians luck against the deadliest world's enemy.

GeorgiaRIP.jpg

Georgia R.I.P.

Now I've been looking for bankrupt nations to DOW as it only costs 1PP however when Tranvacore are now bankrupt Jan 48 it's annoying as they are a satellite of UK.

May 48 great Luang Prabang are bankrupt hmm no access. Cant afford machetes either.

The money builds up and I've got little population to exploit it.
So I get some healthcare.Apart from the dreaded work hours.

Work you swines you are only 1.5 million!!!
WelfareState.jpg

In July 48 a breakthrough for Peru.
YemenBankrupt.jpg

Now this setup possibillities.
YemenWar.jpg

SEND IN THE ACCOUNTANTS!!!!
There not all geeks you know. Hmm well my brother is but that's a.. hmm I digress..

YemenVictory.jpg

After fierce accountant to savage fighting Accountancy wins.. YEAH!!!!

My new arab pops makes me half a million more souls.
NewArabs.jpg

Very quiet these Peruvians not much militancy. But I cant afford to lose many.

Chile asks for an alliance now Hmm I guess they've heard about our guys. hehe
Meanwhile Argentina decides to DOW Paraguay.
And Bukkhara goes bankrupt. :rolleyes:

July 49 the big grey blob appears with 2 satellites around it and opresses Hungarians and Italians in Venecia/Lombardia.
It would never happen in the Democracy loving New World.

Oct 49 Mexico having it's ass kicked by USA. Do I want an alliance excepting UK.Hmm let me get back to ya on that..

July 50 I cant stand it no longer. My navy is a laughing stock.
LAUGHING STOCK
Arggggh. Something must be done.
RealNavy.jpg

Screw the debt this is National Honour.

If I had a heart I would feel sorry for Paraguay
Paraguay.jpg

Waste of spacers.

So here we are for the mo.
Overview1851.jpg

Yes! Send in the accountants! The rulers of the accountant-cy! :D

Then, annex Japan before they Meiji!

cookie monster said:
Now stop reading the forums and start studying. LOL

NO! I WILL NOT!

Advancement.

FREEDOM - PERU VIP 03C

The year was 52 being of humble means we the great nation of Peru expanded our military by 200 %
Infantry.jpg
BIG FAT 200% YEAH!!
Arabian natives of course, but we are humble peasants.

Progressed through cultural technologies until South America erupted in Dec 52!!
BoliviaWarVideo1.gif
FOR HONOUR & GLORY!!!!
SOME SHEPHARDS WOULD BE NICE TOO!!!

Well that little adventure netted me 20BB for the 10 provinces and a very bad relationship with Brazil -200.
So I sucked up to them like any good peasant would :D
My prestige was now at 167 which I liked. But it's not enough to be foolish with.
Also 1.5 million people for 20 BB I'll take that.

October 53 Mexico DOW'ed Texas also taking on the US and promptly annexed them ( Texas that is).

Opportunists as ever we went a surveying..
MexicoWar1.gif

War declared Jan 29th.

Peace came in June 54 after heavy pitch battles and fiighting. Well you know what shephards can be like.
We took war indemenities for our troubles, and left them to deal with the Americans. They soon settled for peace offering 3 provinces.

In March 54 Bhutan became bankrupt Yeah!!!

Meanwhile the Crimean War was Russia and China against everyone. Eventually ending with Germany have controlled Poland and Uk with ground in the Crimea. It ended shortly though with 1 province going to Moldavia and sealing the gap to the Ottomans.

In the US Feb 55 the CSA arose and was swiftly subdued.

Due to my now large BB 20 I upped the mob pool to 10 divisions cos of Brazil. I hope they dont get any ideas.

I end the session with 15k in bank and no debt thanks Mexico.

:D

Plans for the future well Chile has a lot of my culture pops South Andean I might have to pay them a visit.
Work off some BB.
Massage my Prestige. :)

EDIT: Pictures slowed

Last edited:
Slideshow...hurting...head...

Daggum fancy moving pictures...

Perhaps you should number your slides so that we can tell what order they should be in. I stared at the top one until it played itself five times before I figured it out. The bottom one started with an obvious DOW, so it was easier to figure out.

Anyways, good job in knocking around your neighbors! One can never have too many Arab/Indian/Chinese peasants conscripted into their army, after all.

Yeah I'm Peru btw. Maybe the smaller one shoulda been slower. In the future maybe 2000ms interval it's 1k at the mo.

cookie monster said:
Yeah I'm Peru btw. Maybe the smaller one shoulda been slower. In the future maybe 2000ms interval it's 1k at the mo.

I sure hope you're Peru! It's right up there in the title! :p

The slideshows are great, and I agree, more time between frames would make it easier to comprehend. But the bottom one just says that you got a peace. Doesn't tell you the terms. :wacko: