• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Vastet

Banned
5 Badges
May 21, 2020
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
1. What platform are you using? PS4
2. What version of the game are you using? V2.01 according to PS4 system information, the most recent patch as of today's date is installed.
3. What DLC do you have installed? Everything currently available on console is installed and running.
4. When did this start happening? As soon as V2.00 was released I believe, but am only certain of V2.01 as I didn't notice it immediately.
5. Can you replicate it, if so, please explain how: Very easily. Just upgrade some ships. The more ships are upgraded, the more alloys you get out of it.
6. Does this happen on all saves or just specific ones? Any and all save files and any and all game modes currently available, including multiplayer.
7. What steps have you taken to try and solve this yourself (reinstall, Google error code etc)? There are no steps that can be taken to resolve this on console except not upgrading ships.

It doesn't matter if the upgrade is beneficial or detrimental to fleet strength. Any upgrade of any ship produces alloys.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Upvote 0
with the exception of pc-only features and differences in ui, the 2.2.7 and console 2.2.7 are identical in-terms of mechanics, there are mentions of the refund mechanic on steam and reddit from the pc version 2.2.6

If it was a bug it was never fixed or even declared as a bug in future updates and by future updates i mean all the way up to 2.7.2 (the current pc version), in fact that particular upgrade mechanic that was introduced in 2.2.2 and tweaked in 2.2.6 never gets touched or changed after that point.

And you are wrong, again.
I've just checked 2.2.7 PC version (friend of mine likes to keep old GOG versions available), and bug is not reproducible there.
On PC in 2.2.7 it charges you the full amount to start upgrade, and refund is added only when each ship upgrade is completed. While on console it applies refund for initial upgrade cost and gives you refund one more time when ship upgrade is finished.

So it looks like a bug related to mixed code from different versions they've used to build release for Console.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
I've found the same bug posted on May 19 2020 for XBox version:
Exactly the same issue we discuss in this thread.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I've never before seen such a resistance to the suggestion of a glitch that is proven on video and easily reproducible. Multiple people have all confirmed it is happening. Noone who denies it is happening has provided any evidence that it isn't happening or that it should be happening as intended. Closest that came was the suggestion that it may be on pc as well but that was quickly shot down. It makes no sense whatsoever that people would be so adamant that this isn't happening. This is ruining multiplayer, and is making one player a hassle at best. Anyone who thinks it isn't happening, hit me up on PSN and we'll play a game and we'll see what you have to say when you see me overpower everything. Probably will take some work to play out a game due to scheduling but I'm up for it. I want this fixed it's ridiculous.

I can confirm this bug exists on the Xbox as well. I'm Running (the current version) on an X1X. Let me also add thanks to the OP for making the YouTube video. I finally could see what is flashing in the top right of my game: "save game..." On my console it only appears for a fraction of a second (1 frame) and is gone. It looks like a mini localized video glitch.

For the record my test resulted in 700+ Alloys BEFORE the end of the 1St year. Test Empire generates +13/month naturally.

JUL2-2546
Thanks for your reports. While I'm not a console player I agree this looks like a bug.

I have now lodged a new bug report on it, and linked to this forum thread.

I can't say what priority it will be assigned, and when it will make it into a patch, but at least it's in the system now.

Sorry for that problem!

• 5Like
Reactions: