• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Vastet

Banned
5 Badges
May 21, 2020
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
1. What platform are you using? PS4
2. What version of the game are you using? V2.01 according to PS4 system information, the most recent patch as of today's date is installed.
3. What DLC do you have installed? Everything currently available on console is installed and running.
4. When did this start happening? As soon as V2.00 was released I believe, but am only certain of V2.01 as I didn't notice it immediately.
5. Can you replicate it, if so, please explain how: Very easily. Just upgrade some ships. The more ships are upgraded, the more alloys you get out of it.
6. Does this happen on all saves or just specific ones? Any and all save files and any and all game modes currently available, including multiplayer.
7. What steps have you taken to try and solve this yourself (reinstall, Google error code etc)? There are no steps that can be taken to resolve this on console except not upgrading ships.

It doesn't matter if the upgrade is beneficial or detrimental to fleet strength. Any upgrade of any ship produces alloys.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Upvote 0
I made a short video demonstrating this glitch in case it is of use.

Edit: I'm leaving the original video below, but the video I've just made (above) is far superior at demonstrating this glitch.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I must agree with Vastet, because whenever I change ship loadout and select upgrade fleet it deducts alloys like it should, but with each upgraded ship, the exact number of alloys that was before deductet, is added to alloy pool.

I am using xbox one x with stellaris console edition 2.0.0.2 with all DLC (plantoids, leviathans, utopia, syntehetic dawn).

• 1Like
Reactions:
I have to admit I made errors in the original video. Which is embarrassing. I must rectify the errors so that this bug report doesn't get discarded.
Those errors do not invalidate my claims, but they may appear to for those who don't have the time or the will to see through them and catch the glitch in action regardless of those errors. So I made a second video. This one is about 30 minutes. You don't need to watch the whole thing, 5 or 6 minutes should be enough to see the glitch without any possibility of dispute. But if you watch the whole thing and you put your mind into the problem you can see just how overpowering this glitch is.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Will this be fixed anytime soon? I am considering getting stellaris on XB1 but by the looks of it, this is game breaking and i will give it a miss.

• 1Like
Reactions:
This is not a bug what is happening in your video is u have 100 alloys u upgrade your fleet which costs 85 alloys then as each ship has its components changed u are REFUNDED for any old components that are no longer used on the ships which is why it looks like the upgrading process is generating alloys but it is not.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I’m not wrong here is a line from patch notes that clearly say components are refunded during upgrading

Attachments

• CE5F76EA-9C59-4D8F-A49F-60706B5482C8.jpeg
    CE5F76EA-9C59-4D8F-A49F-60706B5482C8.jpeg
    1,7 MB · Views: 0
Reactions:
I’m not wrong here is a line from patch notes that clearly say components are refunded during upgrading

You ARE wrong and my video demonstrates as much. Explain exactly how I have a -20 alloy income, have done absolutely no construction or expansion at all, yet I'm pulling in thousands of alloys just by upgrading my fleets. I'll wait.

• 1Like
Reactions:
This is not a bug what is happening in your video is u have 100 alloys u upgrade your fleet which costs 85 alloys then as each ship has its components changed u are REFUNDED for any old components that are no longer used on the ships which is why it looks like the upgrading process is generating alloys but it is not.
You're wrong it will tell you before hand if you will get refunded, but it says deduction i can start a brand new game and change the guns on my ships and profit 200+ alloys non stop if I wanted to. It's starting to sound like you want them to keep this bug so you cheat. Shameless or ignorant which is it?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Please keep posts on topic and productive and refrain from pointless arguing. Thank you.

I played yesterday and it seems I got a ton of alloys. I had 4k and upgraded 2 fleets with 140 ships each. It took quite some time but I had 15k alloys during the process. Seems a bit much. I had about +140 per month.

But I need to try it again and take a close look at alloys.

My only experience of this happened when switching from normal plating to crystalline, and as Gurunicknack said, for me it was refunding alloys as the new armour uses Crystal's instead. I imagine you would get similar with any upgrade which removed parts that cost alloys with superior parts which cost rare resources. I'm on PS4 for point of reference.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Then you didn't test it thoroughly. In the second video I posted I took a few years doing absolutely nothing but switching between red lasers and mass drivers. No production at all, no research at all, no expansion at all, no strategic resources at all. All I did was constantly switch from lasers to drivers and back, and I gained enough alloys to have 80 corvettes before 10 years into the game.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
There is undeniable video evedince idk what people are trying to accomplish anymore im certain the devs are aware of this by now. Im starting to thinik people want them to keep the bug.

• 4Like
Reactions: