• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
UPDATE, VERSION 1.60 JUST RELEASED
Check the first post to download.
This update adds France, it also does a few small changes and improvements here and there, including the addition of the national flag to a bunch of vehicles for increased flavour.
Go here to download: Francesco's Models Mod

Iron Cross only:

Last edited:
Work on Poland and Finland is going on...

As always with each update, apart from adding new countries, I improve a bunch of existing models. This time, among the various changes, I'm adding new weapons for late soviet paras (with folding stock):

You can expect the next release of the mod to be ready in a couple of weeks.

Francesco, that is really nice works. I been working on icons myself ever since HoI II came out. I have some plain icons and 3D planes as well, not sure if i can use your works to merge with mine. Been working on Pacific Theater Mod, hopefully i have it done by end of next week. Here some of my works...

Last edited:
More info on the next update, Finland and Poland are almost finished...

What I'm currently doing is a general improvement on the aircrafts... most aircraft models are already very good and I'm happy with them but there are a few that are still a little sub par compared to the others... I'm revisioning almost every aircraft model for each country trying to improve those that could use some love.
While in some cases the changes are minor many models will see a nice bump in quality, I'm adding more details and removing the overly cartoonish look some had, below there's a small comparison screenshot (old models on the left, new ones on the right):

------------------- BEFORE / AFTER -------------------

Francesco, that is really nice works. I been working on icons myself ever since HoI II came out. I have some plain icons and 3D planes as well, not sure if i can use your works to merge with mine. Been working on Pacific Theater Mod, hopefully i have it done by end of next week. Here some of my works...

You have my permission to use my work in any way you desire, thanks for asking.

Last edited:
Hi Francesco,

lovely work, adds lots of immersion. Speaking of which there still are lots of immersion destroying graphics carryovers from vanilla and maybe other mods in IC which I play as:

- WW I types as first generation aircraft. IMHO they should be changed for mid 20-es types. As an example of what I mean for UK we should have Gloster Gamecock instead of S.E. 5a and with a corresponding photograph instead of a Spitfire.

I suppose such changes are needed across the board for navies, air forces and armies. Enormous time consuming work I suspect but it would improve immersion no end.

Rgds, Oldtimer

Hi Francesco,

lovely work, adds lots of immersion. Speaking of which there still are lots of immersion destroying graphics carryovers from vanilla and maybe other mods in IC which I play as:

- WW I types as first generation aircraft. IMHO they should be changed for mid 20-es types. As an example of what I mean for UK we should have Gloster Gamecock instead of S.E. 5a and with a corresponding photograph instead of a Spitfire.

I suppose such changes are needed across the board for navies, air forces and armies. Enormous time consuming work I suspect but it would improve immersion no end.

Rgds, Oldtimer

I understand what you mean but I'm using WW1 aircrafts as the first generation because the IC team is using them, I'm just providing the correct model picture for each model name used in IC... but I'm not changing the name itself.

Post this in the main IC forum and if they decide to change the early models I will adjust the mod accordingly.

I understand what you mean but I'm using WW1 aircrafts as the first generation because the IC team is using them, I'm just providing the correct model picture for each model name used in IC... but I'm not changing the name itself.

Post this in the main IC forum and if they decide to change the early models I will adjust the mod accordingly.

Hi Francesco,

righty.

But anyways lots could be done already for later generation units. Like, should my RAAF Gladiator squadrons really have Hurricane pics???

Keep up the good work,
Oldtimer

Hi Francesco,

righty.

But anyways lots could be done already for later generation units. Like, should my RAAF Gladiator squadrons really have Hurricane pics???

Keep up the good work,
Oldtimer

Are you sure to be using the Iron Cross pack and not the vanilla HoI2/AoD one? Try to reinstall the latest version of the mod (IC one).
I'm asking because pics should be almost 100% matched with the model names (unless they changed them in IC 1.1... in this case consider it fixed next time I update the mod).

Last edited: