• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have some important announcements to make regarding the future of this game. I know this might be unexpected but this forum game will end once we reach the year of 1600. The main reason is that I've reached that year in the actual game where I actually lost motivation to keep playing. France has grown incredibly powerful by then and the game play became more of a chore rather than a challenge. I really apologize for this sudden announcement but, given how the game orbits around the actual game, it really falls apart without the game play element.

This was the first forum game so I was quite nervous when I first started it. Thankfully, I had the support of all you wonderful people in the forums that made it quite a success for me. I want to thank everyone for it! :) Of course, I might be willing to start a different game with some similarities to this game if there are enough interest. It might be simpler overall as well and won't be reliant on an actual game. If you do have interest, please say so and I'll see what I can do. Thank you and good luck with the rough patches of the game! :)

A. Hire Mercenaries! (cost: 400 ducats)
B. In the name of God! (cost: 50 piety)

Use the colony's production to build 7 farms, 7 carpenter's shops, and 2 warehouses. I shall also spend 24 ducats on another workshop, donate 250 ducats to the Protestant churches (25 piety), and spend the rest on purchasing another province.

i essetnially copy Michilangelo orders

Btw yep im interested. and guys lets cooperate and drag france as far as possible. Perhaps it would be possible to do imporart into victoria and see what happens. its sad throught i would prefer to let the game drag to 1700s it seems to be far too short.

Zealot Uprising!

Catholic zealots have risen up. What will you do?

A. Outcome: -30 Reputation
B. Outcome: +5 Reputation
C. Outcome: -700 ducats, -30 Reputation
D. Outcome: -5 Reputation
Zealot Uprising!

Zealot Uprising!

Report 37 (1507 - Intermission 1)

Available Provinces/total provinces: 19/63

Modifiers:
Staple Port: +2 ducats/year for nobles, +4 ducats/year for merchants

House of Bourbon [Influence: 31] [Reputation: 15] [Chance of Success % = 0] [Spy Defense % = 0]

Provinces owned: 9 | Province Purchase (invested/total): 250/350 ducats

Jacques Ier de Bourbon-La Marche (Catholic Noble) - Dadarian
Wealth: 3938 ducats | Income: +18.75(75) ducats/year | Votes: 40 | Piety: 50 | Buildings: Level 2 Workshop, Level 3 Farm
Notes: 3938 ducats

House of Orléan [Influence: 31] [Reputation: -51][Chance of Success % = 0] [Spy Defense % = 2]

Provinces owned: 19 | Province Purchase (invested/total): 29/1800 ducats

Renaud (Catholic Noble) - iisbroke
Wealth: 7.5 ducats | Income: +26.375(105.5) ducats/year | Votes: 20 | Piety: 200 | Buildings: Level 4 Farm, Level 5 Workshop
Notes: 1507.5-1500= 7.5 ducats

Jacques (Protestant Merchant) - 05060403
Wealth: 8.5 ducats | Income: +260.5 ducats/year | Votes: 20 | Piety: 210 | Buildings: Level 5 Trading Post, Level 17 Marketplace, Level 1 Vetting School
Notes: 2708.5-400-200-2100= 8.5 ducats

House of Valois [Influence: 31] [Reputation: -10] [Chance of Success % = 0] [Spy Defense % = 0]

Provinces owned: 18 | Province Purchase (invested/total): 515/1700 ducats

Philippe (Protestant Noble) - Michaelangelo
Wealth: 0.5 ducats | Income: +191 ducats/year | Votes: 20 | Piety: 125 | Buildings: Level 18 Workshop
Notes: 732.5-400-24-250-58= 0.5 ducats

Jean D'Artoise (Protestant Noble) - CaesarCzech ]
Wealth: 0.5 ducats | Income: +187 ducats/year | Votes: 20 | Piety: 100 | Buildings: Level 1 Farm, Level 17 Workshop
Notes: 716.5-400-24-250-42= 0.5 ducats

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Report 38 (1517 Start)

L2O9QkN.png

More colonies were settled as the French people fled the nation which was engulfed in religious turmoil. Scotland, foolishly believing that France was weakened by the religious conflicts, used the opportunity to plot against France. However, the French monarch learned of the attack beforehand and chose to strike first seeing war declared before Scotland was fully ready. As a result, Scotland was annexed and the British Isles was unified under French rule! The Irish nation of Connacht finally formed the Irish nation as she got a firm grip on the island while she ruled in France's steed. Armagnac was also integrated into the nation allowing France to be more complete.

Available Provinces/total provinces: 29/73

Modifiers:

House of Bourbon [Influence: 31] [Reputation: 15] [Chance of Success % = 0] [Spy Defense % = 0]

Wealth: 4125.5 ducats | Income: +18.75(75) ducats/year | Votes: 40 | Piety: 50 | Buildings: Level 2 Workshop, Level 3 Farm
Notes: 3938+18.75(10)= 4125.5 ducats

House of Orléan [Influence: 31] [Reputation: -51][Chance of Success % = 0] [Spy Defense % = 2]

Wealth: 7.5 ducats | Income: +26.375(105.5) ducats/year | Votes: 20 | Piety: 200 | Buildings: Level 4 Farm, Level 5 Workshop
Notes: 7.5+10(26.375)= 271.25 ducats

Wealth: 8.5 ducats | Income: +260.5 ducats/year | Votes: 20 | Piety: 210 | Buildings: Level 5 Trading Post, Level 17 Marketplace, Level 1 Vetting School
Notes: 8.5+10(260.5)= 2613.5 ducats

House of Valois [Influence: 31] [Reputation: -10] [Chance of Success % = 0] [Spy Defense % = 0]

Provinces owned: 18 | Province Purchase (invested/total): 515/1700 ducats

Wealth: 1910.5 ducats | Income: +191 ducats/year | Votes: 20 | Piety: 125 | Buildings: Level 18 Workshop
Notes: 0.5+10(191)= 1910.5 ducats

Wealth: 1870.5 ducats | Income: +187 ducats/year | Votes: 20 | Piety: 175 | Buildings: Level 1 Farm, Level 17 Workshop
Notes: 0.5+10(187)= 1870.5 ducats

Colonies

New Bourbon?
Population: 1000 | Food: 780 (+1[2]/month) | Production: 1608 (+1[4]/month) | Goods: 100/100 (+1/month)

Modifers:
Trade Proposal: +8 production/month
Stagnant Growth: -50% food/turn, -75% production/turn

Level 1 Town Center
Level 1 Farmland
Level 1 Carpenter's Shop
Level 1 Warehouse

New Orléan?

Population: 3000 | Food: 1848 (+32[64]/month) | Production: 13104/2304 (+18[72]/month) | Goods: 1056/1500 (+3/month)

Modifers:

Level 3 Town Center
Level 34 Farmland
Level 16 Carpenter's Shop
Level 15 Warehouse

New Valois?

Population: 4000 | Food: 10264 (+85[184]/month) | Production: 11280/11280 (+94[376]/month) | Goods: 1224/3200 (+4/month)

Modifers:

Level 4 Town Center
Level 92 Farmland
Level 92 Carpenter's Shop
Level 32 Warehouse

Default names have been given to the colonies. If you don't like it, please make suggestions for your colony's name. I'm really bad at making names :p

Reformed zealots have risen up. What will you do?

C. They may do as they please. (no cost)
D. Brothers! We mustn't fight! (no cost, Reformed only)

Voting deadline: 20:00 PDT Thursday, July 30, 2015.

Note: Please bold your choice.
Zealot Uprising!

D. Brothers! We mustn't fight! (no cost, Catholic only)

Zealot Uprising!

Zealot Uprising!

Zealot Uprising!

Reformed zealots have risen up. What will you do?

D. Brothers! We mustn't fight! (no cost, Reformed only)

This is also your chance to request the construction of buildings and/or invest in the next province by posting below or perform sabotage by sending me a PM. All the information you need are found above under Report 30. For buildings, please do so in this format:

I, (character name), wish to purchase a level x (building name) with y ducats.

If you don't wish to use your ducats, please clarify like the following:

I don't have interests in using my ducats at the moment.

Last edited:

I shall donate 500 ducats to the Protestant churches (50 piety) and spend the rest on purchasing another province.

I'd also like to construct 18 farms, 18 carpenter's shops, and 11 warehouses with the production I have.

((Edit: With the permission of my fellow Valois, I'm hoping we can sell off all the goods from our colonies and split the profit.))

- Philippe "Half Ducat" de Valois

Last edited:

All of my wealth goes to the Protestant church. All of my production is split between the warehouse and carpenter's shop.
- Jacques Orléan

Zealot Uprising!

Zealot Uprising!

Zealot Uprising!

Zealot Uprising!

Zealot Uprising!

Report 39 (1517 - Intermission 1)

Available Provinces/total provinces: 29/73

Modifiers:

House of Bourbon [Influence: 31] [Reputation: -25] [Chance of Success % = 0] [Spy Defense % = 0]

Wealth: 3723.5 ducats | Income: +18.75(75) ducats/year | Votes: 40 | Piety: 0 | Buildings: Level 2 Workshop, Level 3 Farm
Notes: 4125.5-400= 3723.5 ducats

House of Orléan [Influence: 31] [Reputation: -66][Chance of Success % = 0] [Spy Defense % = 2]

Wealth: 7.5 ducats | Income: +26.375(105.5) ducats/year | Votes: 20 | Piety: 100 | Buildings: Level 4 Farm, Level 5 Workshop
Notes: 271.25 ducats

Wealth: 13.5 ducats | Income: +260.5 ducats/year | Votes: 20 | Piety: 230 | Buildings: Level 5 Trading Post, Level 17 Marketplace, Level 1 Vetting School
Notes: 2613.5-400-2200= 13.5 ducats

House of Valois [Influence: 31] [Reputation: -115] [Chance of Success % = 0] [Spy Defense % = 0]

Provinces owned: 18 | Province Purchase (invested/total): 683/1700 ducats

Wealth: 0.5 ducats | Income: +191 ducats/year | Votes: 20 | Piety: 25 | Buildings: Level 18 Workshop
Notes: 1910.5-3(400)-500-210= 0.5 ducats

Wealth: 70.5 ducats | Income: +187 ducats/year | Votes: 20 | Piety: 125 | Buildings: Level 1 Farm, Level 17 Workshop
Notes: 1870.5-2(400)-1000= 70.5 ducats

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Report 40 (1600 Finale)

gBJZDFI.png

The year 1518 brought France at war with the Holy Roman Empire once again. This time, its new emperor, Austria, answered the call to arms from the small nation of Liege in hopes of fighting back the French. The Austrian intervention resulted in the annexation of Utrecht and Luxembourg to show that France didn't fear any nation, especially a nation claiming to be an empire. The nation of Liege was spared with a white peace as the French monarch had future plans for the small nation. As long as the claim remained, there could always be another time to attack the weak and defenseless nation. Austria was also fortunate to get a white since there was nothing that the French monarch wanted from her.

Peace was restored for France once again and colonization was the new focus. The next decade saw a rapid colonial expansion with the east of North America soon part of the France nation. While exploring along the coast, brave French explorers also came across native people who established a somewhat advanced civilization in Central America. These people called themselves Huastec and were really savages and nothing else. Meanwhile, the Caribbean was discovered so colonies were also established there to further expand the French influence so South America would be within reach if the focus ever goes in that direction.

Peace was never meant to last when France was at war with the HRE again. This time, the French monarch attacked Switzerland due to the Swiss breaking a treaty over land dispute. The French monarch had to uphold his reputation in Europe while the Swiss believed the Austrians could save them from annihilation. To show how serious he was, the French monarch, to the surprise of his own subjects, ordered the complete annexation of Switzerland wiping the nation out. Austria wasn't so fortunate this time with a harsher peace treaty. However, the French monarch didn't want Austria weakened too much where the Ottomans could take advantage. The growing threat of the Ottomans hasn't escaped the notice of the French.

With peace came more colonization. The Lorraine throne was also soon inherited seeing more territory returning to France proper. With new armies assembled, the new French monarch was ready to begin a serious campaign that would put France up against Castille. The nation of Castille, since excommunicating France, became a serious threat that cannot be ignored. It was imperative that the Castillians were crushed before they could plot against the French people. Since their annexation of Portugal, Castille was the undisputed power in South America. They had to be stopped before their power spiralled out of control.

Castille remained Catholic so, with the purge of Castillian heresy casus belli, France declared war in 1553. As expected, the Castillians fought fiercely and progress was slow. The French troops were stretched rather thin along the long border the two nations shared which wasn't favorable for France. Thus, a peace deal was made earlier than anticipated that saw four Castillian provinces taken in Iberia. While French forces in Iberia were regrouping for a future war, Liege was attacked and annexed. This time, Austria wisely remained out of the path of the French so they were spared the wrath of the French forces.

More colonies were established before the truce with Castille ended. War was declared and the French monarch intended on achieving a near total victory. The Castillians weren't ready for this second campaign resulting in absolute defeat. They lost seven of their provinces which dramatically weakened their influence in Europe. However, the Castillians won't be spared just yet, especially not after the pain and suffering they caused the French people by excommunicating the French monarch which resulted in so many wars.

A new war occurred after the truce ended seeing another six provinces were taken away from Castille as France got a firmer grip of Iberia. It was only a matter of time before the Castillians would be kicked out of Europe altogether which suited the French people just fine. It became a routine where colonies were established before a renewed war with Castille. This time, the war became more difficult with the entry of Milan, a growing Italian power. The entry of Milan meant France had to fight a two front war which was more difficult but not impossible. It was really more of an inconvenience than anything.

Milan was the first to exit the war with two small nations released. This might not appear much but every bit weakened the Italian nation making them less relevant as time passed. Both of the released nations agreed to be vassals of France for protection against likely Milanese aggression. Castille lost four more provinces in this campaign greatly shrinking their control of Iberia. The small heathen nation of Granada had the nerve of attacking France so three provinces were taken from her. To control all of Iberia, France would need to fully conquer this nation.

France was at war with Castille in 1586 once again. This was the same year that the French government became absolute monarchy giving the French monarch complete power over everything. The nobles might not be too happy about this arrangement but they understood such arrangements benefited France the most and that was what truly mattered. Castille parted with only two more provinces ecause the French monarch turned his sights on the New World. In the decade leading up to the year 1600, many campaigns were organized as French troops took down one savage nation after another in Central America.

The annexation of Granada and Galicia, which had freed herself from the Castillians, ensured that France had control of all the coastal Iberian provinces a few years later. Milan, as the new emperor, attacked France on the grounds of retaking territory that were part of the empire. They were taught a harsh lesson by releasing three more nations further weakening their hold of northern Italy. The three nations all became French vassals in return for protection against the threats that surrounded them. Thus, that ended the story of France in 1600!

The Reformation had significant impact on France, especially when her monarch followed the Protestant faith. The conversion created much religious turmoil where Catholics, Protestants and Reformed couldn't tolerate one another. As a result, blood was spilled as the government tried to maintain whatever stability they could manage. Some nobles followed in the king's lead and changed to the Protestant faith while others remained Catholics seeing such conversions as sins committed against God himself. Yet, these nobles would also be the ones who eventually made France stronger by preaching more tolerance towards those of a heretical faith. It was clear that all French citizens wished to follow God and it made sense that there were different paths they may choose. As a result, the French government passed many laws that saw all those under Christianity (Catholicism, Protestantism and Reformed) will enjoy same rights and privileges as French citizens. No one would be prosecuted for choosing an once considered heretical faith as long as one didn't broke the laws set by the government. A more tolerant society made France stronger as she recovered sooner from the Reformation. While the other nations were still embroiled in religious conflicts, France was continuously expanding through colonization and campaigns in both Iberia and Central America. The future looked bright for France but her future would be told by someone else...

Colonies

New Bourbon?
Population: 2000 | Food: 20 (+1[2]/month) | Production: 1848 (+1[4]/month) | Goods: 100/100 (+2/month)

Modifiers:

Level 2 Town Center
Level 1 Farmland
Level 1 Carpenter's Shop
Level 1 Warehouse

New Orléan?

Population: 4000 | Food: 528 (+32[64]/month) | Production: 18624/5664 (+23[92]/month) | Goods: 1776/1900 (+4/month)

Modifiers:

Level 4 Town Center
Level 34 Farmland
Level 21 Carpenter's Shop
Level 19 Warehouse

New Valois?

Population: 5000 | Food: 20664 (+110[220]/month) | Production: 38160/38160 (+159[636]/month) | Goods: 960/4300 (+5/month)

Modifiers:

Level 5 Town Center
Level 110 Farmland
Level 157 Carpenter's Shop
Level 43 Warehouse

Yes, that concludes this forum game. I wish to thank everyone who participated as your support helped make this game more interesting. The next game [France's Internal Struggles 2], somewhat similar to this game but with changed mechanics, is currently in development. I hope you will find time and interest to join me there. Thank you once again for supporting my first game! :)

The world map for anyone interested:
ovhk41R.png