• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes, since we were talking about post-war Europe I wondered how bloody this world war had been, for France in particular.
Ok, I will see what I can do! I’ll look at the Axis and Comintern too. May take a couple of days (working on a Talking Turkey update at the moment, where German panzers are finally making an appearance on the Eastern Front). :)

Yes, since we were talking about post-war Europe I wondered how bloody this world war had been, for France in particular.
Hmm, I had a look at the strat warfare screen and have put the composite below together. I don't really know what it means or signifies in detail, whether the figures are at all accurate etc. But here it is for what it is worth. Seems disproportionate to me and, from the mouse-over description, am not quite sure what it measures and whether it measures it accurately. Maybe others who know more about these screens can read a bit more into it.

symgGM.jpg

So, does that mean it doesn't measure French losses on French territory, for example (which I don't think it can, by those figures)? Or enemy losses when we were on their territory? :confused::confused:

I looked at these charts back then, found no explanation for anything in them and haven't looked back since.
Yep, same here! If some expert lore master can explain what they mean and how they might be useful, I’ll doff me hat to ‘em! I can see how the convoy sunk naval table could be of use if broadly intelligible/reliable, I guess! :):confused:

Yep, same here! If some expert lore master can explain what they mean and how they might be useful, I’ll doff me hat to ‘em! I can see how the convoy sunk naval table could be of use if broadly intelligible/reliable, I guess! :):confused:
Last I heard the Strategic Warfare graphs were all horribly bugged which is why they never make sense. The counter massively over estimates manpower losses if a unit is destroyed, under-estimates IC+MP losses for 'hard' units (like tanks), gets confused by bomber and just ignores fighters. No idea what it does for naval, but I'm going to guess 'gets it wrong'.

As it was only introduced in the last DLC for HOI3 it never got fixed - by the time anyone noticed (because I understand quality assurance and play-testing are both illegal under Swedish law) Paradox had abandoned the game and moved onto HOI4.

As it was only introduced in the last DLC for HOI3 it never got fixed - by the time anyone noticed (because I understand quality assurance and play-testing are both illegal under Swedish law) Paradox had abandoned the game and moved onto HOI4.

They learneded it from teh best ::: MicroSoft :::

Last I heard the Strategic Warfare graphs were all horribly bugged which is why they never make sense. The counter massively over estimates manpower losses if a unit is destroyed, under-estimates IC+MP losses for 'hard' units (like tanks), gets confused by bomber and just ignores fighters. No idea what it does for naval, but I'm going to guess 'gets it wrong'.

They really do abandon some games sometimes. And some games they keep on tap forever.

Sadly, I’m not at all surprised. But thanks for explaining why it’s inexplicable! :confused:;):rolleyes::D
They learneded it from teh best ::: MicroSoft :::
The bugmeisters. :eek:
They really do abandon some games sometimes. And some games they keep on tap forever.
A pity. The $ I suppose. :(

Those graphs are weird. At once point in one of my AARs enemy transports were coming from from Davy Jones's locker. Undead transports! In words, hey, you have to write down the numbers and not trust the game.

Those graphs are weird. At once point in one of my AARs enemy transports were coming from from Davy Jones's locker. Undead transports! In words, hey, you have to write down the numbers and not trust the game.
Agree. I do that in Talking Turkey, but this one was pre-AAR and only done from old saves (a zombie AAR? ;) ). Picked up the stats from RoverS3 and Odin. :)

What a ride! I think France more than pulled it's weight in this war... the Soviets and the USA should deal with the Japanese now... Fighting for ar away colonial empires is so last decade.
Picked up the stats from RoverS3 and Odin. :)
Interesting... I should definitely get a notification when either "RoverS3" or 'Odin' is mentioned on this forum...
Anyway... @Eurasia is right, don't trust the Paradox-supplied graphs, they are inaccurate, and can even be misleading. Just do as 'Odin' does... write down all the numbers. (you will soon notice significant discrepancies between your numbers and the paradox numbers...)

I should definitely get a notification when either "RoverS3" or 'Odin' is mentioned on this forum...
Yeah, did that reply on my phone in a coffee shop, so doing the tag was a bit high-tech for me :confused:. You will have noticed I started doing some stats (especially air raids and combat casualties) in Talking Turkey. Just tracked in spreadsheets, mainly.

Just tracked in spreadsheets, mainly.
Be warned, this is a slippery slope... that's how I started, and before you know it you'll find yourself, like me, with a 20+ sheet document keeping track of all kinds of things... if I ever get to the 'end' of my AAR, I might just post my spreadsheet, for your 'enjoyment'...

Be warned, this is a slippery slope... that's how I started, and before you know it you'll find yourself, like me, with a 20+ sheet document keeping track of all kinds of things... if I ever get to the 'end' of my AAR, I might just post my spreadsheet, for your 'enjoyment'...

Now I wish you'd posted such a warning, say, a month or so earlier, to motivate certain other, ah, at-the-time aspiring authAARs to make more careful decisions... :confused: :p

Well you can always make the numbers up if they make no sense...you sort of have to do that in CKII because army sizes and wealth are not right in that game.

Now I wish you'd posted such a warning, say, a month or so earlier, to motivate certain other, ah, at-the-time aspiring authAARs to make more careful decisions... :confused: :p
If it is of any comfort this warning is ... 15 years too late for some of us ;)

Well you can always make the numbers up if they make no sense...you sort of have to do that in CKII because army sizes and wealth are not right in that game.
If it is of any comfort this warning is ... 15 years too late for some of us ;)
Heh - love it! :D I’m an old spreadsheet aficionado, so what I’m tracking for Talking Turkey is nuthin’! ;) Odin’s records though must be pretty impressive by now. :cool:

Be warned, this is a slippery slope... that's how I started, and before you know it you'll find yourself, like me, with a 20+ sheet document keeping track of all kinds of things
:D This <ahem> database-inclination reveals itself in other ways, that do not at first appear linked; i.e. saving screens of anything and everything to create folders and folders of...hmm, I saved this screen for what purpose? Oh, yea, it is number #11 for integration into pic-7.:) In my case, so much for Speed-5.

:D This <ahem> database-inclination reveals itself in other ways, that do not at first appear linked; i.e. saving screens of anything and everything to create folders and folders of...hmm, I saved this screen for what purpose? Oh, yea, it is number #11 for integration into pic-7.:) In my case, so much for Speed-5.
Just be sure you have an online backup of important things, like save folders and pics.

Just be sure you have an online backup of important things, like save folders and pics.

^^ So much of all of this... ^^