• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Jardavious

Private
Aug 28, 2020
Hi so I just got back into Aftermath and have gotten pretty far into a save. Just some backstory to my problem, I have used some foresters to create a large forest for my skinners and sawmills. I have an i7 9700k cpu, GTX 1080 gpu, and 16 gb of RAM. No matter the setting, I cannot get over 20 to 25 frames normally, but whenever I hover over this thick forest my frames die and I am lucky to get like 13 frames. It is painful. Anyone have any advice. I run games like PUBG, Rust, and Tarkov on max settings getting easily like 80 frames but cannot even get half of that on a game like this on the lowest settings. I have my gpu updated, i have tried restarting my game on low, medium, and high settings, and have already tried changing priority of game in task manager to high. Any other suggestions as to some fixes would be great. As for developer comments, I saw Joanna say something on a steam forum that performance is not a number one concern which I understand, but I would like to know if some performance updates can be expected in the near future as of July 2021.

Thanks!

Heya!

Not sure what I said exactly, but I am sorry if it seemed like we are not focused on performance - while it might not be our "number 1 concern" (not sure myself if we even really have a "number 1"), it does not mean that we are not aware of the issues and the fixes we do need to make. While we have been in Early Access, we have not been able to focus on optimization and performance as much as we would have liked to - a lot of things have been overhauled completely from their original state, so any optimization we would have done on those features would have then been for nothing. As we are close to the end of our current roadmap, the work we need to do on performance is increasing in its priority constantly and we are working more and more on it.

So while I cannot specifically promise any specific updates on this, I do want to say that we are aware of the issues, we are working on them and we hope to get them out for our players as soon as possible.

Thanks for your post and of course, thanks for playing!