• Victoria 3 - Sign up now!

The journey begins, sign up now and get a special in-game item when the game is released.

• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning
  • Crusader Kings II Expansion Subscription

Subscribe to the CK II Expansion and enjoy unlimited access to 13 major expansions and more!

Jardavious

Private
Aug 28, 2020
Hi so I just got back into Aftermath and have gotten pretty far into a save. Just some backstory to my problem, I have used some foresters to create a large forest for my skinners and sawmills. I have an i7 9700k cpu, GTX 1080 gpu, and 16 gb of RAM. No matter the setting, I cannot get over 20 to 25 frames normally, but whenever I hover over this thick forest my frames die and I am lucky to get like 13 frames. It is painful. Anyone have any advice. I run games like PUBG, Rust, and Tarkov on max settings getting easily like 80 frames but cannot even get half of that on a game like this on the lowest settings. I have my gpu updated, i have tried restarting my game on low, medium, and high settings, and have already tried changing priority of game in task manager to high. Any other suggestions as to some fixes would be great. As for developer comments, I saw Joanna say something on a steam forum that performance is not a number one concern which I understand, but I would like to know if some performance updates can be expected in the near future as of July 2021.

Thanks!

Ps2nic

Captain
Jan 11, 2020
Force the game to run on your graphics card, then modify settings in graphics card manager.

Or chop down the wood and make a dedicated single forestry area.