• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Karel IV

Private
9 Badges
May 5, 2021
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
Hey, i just want to say that i have same problem. Not sure what´s causing it. One thing that is not mentioned above (or i didn´t see it) is weirdly missing texture of a hand, in the menu. "texture.png"

I´m using two mods, VIET events and Flavour mod from steam workshop, but i don´t think that is the problem.
I tried full reinstall, tried installing on HDD, then SSD disk (both with deleted mods + documents) but the problem persisted. I have GTX 1660 TI + ryzen 5 3600 (no problem with other games so far)
I´m playing on 1440p monitor so i even tried to play with settings (GUI scale, graphics etc) with no result again. I have all drivers updated, so dunno where the problem is. Just wanted to let you know, that there is more of us with this issue.

Attachments

• texture.PNG
    texture.PNG
    169,3 KB · Views: 0
Ok, aside from the weird missing texture (+ not a problem for me, it´s missing only in menu, in game textures are completely fine) i found where the problem is for me. First thing, turning off VSYNC reduced the amount of frame drops (but FPS still droping even in menu - unplayable), but this is not important i guess. The main problem for me was in Animated Characters. I turned ANIMATED CHARACTERS - OFF, set limiter to 144 FPS and that´s what did the job for me.

So the following question is = Is my machine not good enough to play with Animated Characters ON?! or is there some kind of problem (with game, or PC)?

Update: Regular FPS drops are now gone, but after some testing i can tell there is still something wrong. Those constant drops are gone, but now there are random drops Throughout the game. Sometimes (in game or in character customization) it just falls under 2 fps and stays there from 2-unknown sec (sometimes it came up at 144fps again, sometimes it stays under 2fps). It appears out of nowhere. Tried limiter, VSYNC again, but no result. ://

Hello fellow Crusaders. I need help with the game on my PC. So i don´t recall when the problem started (maybe month ago), cuz i was not in the mood to solve this problem at the time (stupid me).
So the problem is i´m having nearly permanently under 2 FPS (obv unplayable). What i remember is, that it started reversed. I had normal FPS (with cap limit 144) and game started to drop regulary to 2 fps like every 10 seconds). That´s when i stopped playing the game and i thought future patches would solve it (well it sadly didn´t). Today i looked into this problem and found one similiar threat, but with no closure. Well anyway i tried full "general issue solutions" like playing with settings, reinstalling game (fully, tried both HDD and SDD), reinstalling drivers etc. Other games like Stellaris, division 2 etc. works fine, so i realy don´t understand where the problem is, cuz nothing worked for me.

TODAY: The thing that helped with those regular (every 10 sec) drops was, to turn off Animated Characters, atleast at first, cuz once i got into the game more deeply again it started randomly droping under 2 FPS again, but this time for longer time (sometimes just for a sec, sometimes i had to quit the game, bcz it didnt raise up again). And now i´m constantly under 2 FPS even in the main menu and it sometimes raises to - for me - classical caped 144 FPS.

Just to add - i used VIET and Flavour mods, but i deleted them and tested without them, so i don´t think that is the problem.
+ the only wierd thing i spot is weirdly missing texture in the main menu, dunno if it´s related. ("texture.png")

Pls Help :((

Attachments

• debug.log
    133,9 KB · Views: 0
  • DxDiag.txt
    104,1 KB · Views: 0
  • error.log
    13,9 KB · Views: 0
  • pdx_settings.txt
    3,3 KB · Views: 0
  • system.log
    874 bytes · Views: 0
I merged in your posts from both threads here.

Where are you seeing that stuff about texture.png? I don't see that file on my system.

And, when you did the clean reinstalls did you delete the Documents/paradox interactive/ck3/ folder as well?

Where are you seeing that stuff about texture.png? I don't see that file on my system.

And, when you did the clean reinstalls did you delete the Documents/paradox interactive/ck3/ folder as well?

That texture file is just Print Screen from game menu. Like i wrote above, the first character that appears in menu has weirdly missing both hands. I put it here just in case if it was related. The rest of In game textures seems to be fine.

Yesterday, i tried it like 10 times. I tried installing game on both HDD and SSD that i own, to see if there isn´t something wrong with any disk, but it lags on both same. I also tried to download pirate copy to see if the files from steam aren´t somehow corrupted, but it lagged again. So there is prob nothing wrong with the game files, or disks.

I also noticed there is a lot of errors in a error.log but i´m no PC magician so sadly I can´t understand those lines :DD

Thanks for fast answer.

Can i get you to do a clean reinstall once more please?

- move any valued save games elsewhere
- "uninstall" in Steam-CK3
- manually delete both the Steam/SteamApps/common/CK3 AND Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3 folders
- re-install game in Steam, run a Steam Verify when done.
- add CK3.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.
- start the game with no mods active and test

In particular make sure there are no files or folders left under either the Steam CK3 or Documents CK3 locations, before installing again.

Ok, thanks again for fast answer.

I tried reinstalling the game twice, with full reinstall (+2nd time with reboot aswell), but it´s still the same. FPS starts dropping randomly immediatly in menu. That texture is still weirdly missing.

Well, i must say i might have just found what the problem is. I think there is a problem in ports, am not sure which one as i just tried to unplug back ports (mouse, keyboard, and printer) but i instantly plugged them back in. The problem seems to be gone now, but i´cant be completely sure. I will do some in-game time to try out if the problem is realy gone. I´m just worried about not knowing what caused this problem (exactly) :// I never encountered problem with FPS in such way. I dunno if its normal, that badly plugged hardware can cause this weird "FPS drops in just some games" problem. Should i be worried? I thoutght about taking my pc to service, is it neccesary?

I'd hold off on that for the time being, see if the situation develops or changes. If you have a gradually failing piece of hardware, it may not be until it completely fails that it becomes obvious what the problem part is.

I'd hold off on that for the time being, see if the situation develops or changes. If you have a gradually failing piece of hardware, it may not be until it completely fails that it becomes obvious what the problem part is.
Well, ok... Anyway, thank you for help :D It just "shocked" me that failing hardware/port can make such a mess.